Scenery objects and passengers.

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mauried
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Scenery objects and passengers.

Post by mauried »

I made a scenerio with a lot of the very small towns , and in just one of the small towns I added scenery objects like parks , paths , water fountains , large trees , plazas etc, the number of passengers the town creates is about 5 times greater than the other small towns with similar populations .
Is this just luck or part of the game design.
If its part of the game design, its a great idea.
tnx
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Scenery objects and passengers.

Post by Eddi »

no, scenery objects do not have any gameplay effect.

however, the population of the town is not directly related to the number of passengers it generates. denser houses generate more passengers for the same population (there is a setting to disable this non-linear growth), and the scenery objects might affect which houses get built, simply because the space is occupied.
mauried
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mauried »

Thanks, thats possibly whats going on , as the town does have more houses than the other small towns.
Is there any specific criteria that makes a town build more houses in the earlier stages of the game , like in the first few years.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

yes, a portion of towns are declared as "city", which start larger and grow faster.
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

Eddi wrote: 29 Jul 2021 00:04 yes, a portion of towns are declared as "city", which start larger and grow faster.
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't cities also generally larger in their area than regular towns, and thus visually fairly easy to recognize, at least at game start?

Return to “General OpenTTD”