Is this a sit-down strike or what?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Is this a sit-down strike or what?

Post by Baldy's Boss »

A LuDiAIAfterfix overtook me in the standings,so I bought a 75% share as a protective measure.
Here are screenshots from my saves at the time of the acquisition,and ten months later...even though I observed the strict hands-off policy the OpenTTD Securities Code requires toward majority-owned subsidiaries,performance TANKED.It's like all their drivers walked off the job.
I get that they don't like my focus on rail,but when another of my companies bought 100% of an overtaking LuDiAIAfterfix,and I let the vehicles get obsolete until an irresistibly better model became generally available and I ordered a global replacement (first for bus and more recently for mail) they didn't suddenly all become losers like this.
Attachments
Tendean -Leningdon Rail Group, 2nd Sep 1945.png
Doing great when I buy...
(1.04 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Tendean -Leningdon Rail Group, 1st Jul 1946.png
cratering ten months later.
(1.05 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Is this a sit-down strike or what?

Post by Baldy's Boss »

It turns out that this company (founded in 1929,when my company was 51 years old) had the colossal NERVE to put a statue of their founder in the middle of my headquarters city,catercorner from my oldest station and a block and a street from my headquarters building,in 1943 (two years before I bought the majority interest).

Their performance has bottomed as they liquidate their fleet,while a new LuDiAIAfterFix is rising in the standings (I wonder if there is theft of confidential business information).
But if their value goes down,the last 25% just gets cheaper!
Attachments
Tendean -Leningdon Rail Group, 7th Oct 1943.png
The statue...it will be gone or changed soon!
(3.51 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Tendean -Leningdon Rail Group, 20th Nov 1947.png
Current state of affairs
(983.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Is this a sit-down strike or what?

Post by Baldy's Boss »

I finally pulled the trigger in December 1947 because they owned a street I needed to rip up for a train station,and it turns out they had traded in their fleet for the slowest,oldest,lowest-capacity,least-reliable model bus available and sent mass orders to head to depots.Here's the immediate post-buy save.

Is self-sabotage-if-you-get-a-majority-shareholder part of the AI?

(That statue is now one of mine,and was built 5 years before the buy)
Attachments
Tendean-LeningdonRailGroup,1stDec1947.sav
Naughty naughty!!
(4.38 MiB) Downloaded 54 times

Return to “General OpenTTD”