TT(D) Original Scenarios in OpenTTD

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

flp
Engineer
Engineer

TT(D) Original Scenarios in OpenTTD

Post by flp »

Today, I started a new project on my youtube channel: The original scenarios from TT(D), played in OpenTTD.

These videos will take about 1 hour and include only uncommented gameplay. The in-game language is in English so that as many people as possible can follow the gameplay.

We start with the scenario "West Country 90201", which depicts the southwest of the United Kingdom. Many prefabricated road connections provoke the massive use of road vehicles.

To the video: https://youtu.be/GyIfeqF2_aM
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TT(D) Original Scenarios in OpenTTD

Post by Kevo00 »

I like the idea of 'extreming' old scenarios - I've been replaying the old LinkGame Islands scenario using present newGRFs and it is fun!

Where did you manage to track down the West Country map? Used to love that one, along with the Scotland one.
flp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by flp »

Kevo00 wrote:Where did you manage to track down the West Country map? Used to love that one, along with the Scotland one.
I own an original Transport Tycoon Deluxe CD and copied the scenario files (.SS0 and .SS1) into the OpenTTD scneario folder.

Our next scenario is "Teddybear". The bear is known from the Transport Tycoon demo as the only, on 30 minutes limited, playable scenario. Matching the name, it plays in the toy world.

To the Video: https://youtu.be/3nx4bEcthdg
flp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by flp »

There are two scenarios with AI and pre-built infrastructure: Scotland and MegaRail.

My next video is a feature of MegaRail. In my opinion, the gameplay in OpenTTD with the new AI is quite different to the original game.

To the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mup0MMBkJA
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

Kevo00 wrote:I like the idea of 'extreming' old scenarios - I've been replaying the old LinkGame Islands scenario using present newGRFs and it is fun!

Where did you manage to track down the West Country map? Used to love that one, along with the Scotland one.
You can always use the revamped version, which has motorways and an extra town or two (link in my signature). There's also a version there pretty much identical to the original (I think it just has some naming errors fixed).
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Pingaware wrote:
Kevo00 wrote:I like the idea of 'extreming' old scenarios - I've been replaying the old LinkGame Islands scenario using present newGRFs and it is fun!

You can always use the revamped version, which has motorways and an extra town or two (link in my signature). There's also a version there pretty much identical to the original (I think it just has some naming errors fixed).
Cool, did not know that was out there!
flp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by flp »

Remember Snow Tripped Peaks?

Yes, Snow Tripped Peaks. It is that scenario from the original Transport Tycoon game with, as the name says, mountains looking out of the sea with snow on top.

I played it today as an uncommented gameplay and i found this scenario quite hard, because you don't have the money for long bridges at the beginning and you also start with road vehicles only, they don't earn much money in the early game.

Watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRmPoZ7fPA0

Return to “General OpenTTD”