Go non-stop via waypoint

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Macchinista
Engineer
Engineer

Go non-stop via waypoint

Post by Macchinista »

the order "go via waypoint" has two options, "go away" and "go away no-stop", are they useful or is it an error? the waypoint is like the buoy, which in fact has no non-stop options.
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Go non-stop via waypoint

Post by Gwyd »

The non-stop order means that the train won't stop at other stops in-between, and collect implicit orders
vrn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vrn »

As Gwyd said, Non-stop means that trains will pass through stations on the way without holding there. If non-stop isn't set and a train runs into a station which is not in the orders, it will hold there and an implicit order will be created.
Attachments
Gordon & Co., 13th Apr 2232c.png
Gordon & Co., 13th Apr 2232c.png (154.47 KiB) Viewed 772 times
Macchinista
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Macchinista »

Quite right, I had not thought of that. Thank you!
Macchinista
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Macchinista »

Sorry, but why do not I create implicit orders? in my screenshot there are two tracks, one with waypoint "go via" order and the other with "go non-stop via", yet no implicit orders have appeared, even if the train passes by without entering the waypoint in the orders ?(

I ask to understand where I'm wrong, it should be as you say, but it does not happen to me :shock:
Attachments
no implicit order.png
(118.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

I don't typically use implicit orders so I could be wrong but ...

Explicit orders = orders that are actually mentioned
Implicit orders = orders that aren't actually mentioned, but are implied by how other orders are set up

In your screenshot, the train has orders for every station on the route; they are all explicit. So there can't be implicit order for anything as there's nowhere else to hypothetically stop. It's told at each point what's it supposed to do. Delete the orders for the end stations and you'll see the difference (or both stations even).

Classic use is probably to build a route Station 1 -> Station 2 -> Station 3. Tell the train to stop at Station 1 and Station 3. As long as there's no "non-stop" order, it'll create an implicit one for Station 2.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Because implicit orders are created when a station is not ordered and then the train encounters it while he hasn't said to go non-stop. In this case you need to input a station between the waypoint and the other station.
Also i don't see who would create implicit orders...
Macchinista
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Macchinista »

Sorry, be patient I'm a newbie. I do not want to create implicit orders but I want to understand how the "go away" and "go non-stop away" options work. My mistake was not to have understood that without intermediate stations does not change anything, now I understand thanks :)
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

We all got to learn ,dont worry about mistakes , you will learn from your mistakes , have a read of this it may solve some of the problems you are having ...... https://wiki.openttd.org/Orders
Macchinista
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Macchinista »

I agree, in fact I use the wiki a lot, I'm translating into Italian all that I can and in this period I'm translating that article,

Return to “General OpenTTD”