Multi dock/airport stations

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

einsteinyh
Engineer
Engineer

Multi dock/airport stations

Post by einsteinyh »

Hi everyone! I've got a question :!: .
Is there any way to have two or more docks or airports at a single station? Every time I try to do it (playing with vanilla or jgrpp), I get the a popup showing "There is an airport/dock too close to it" :cry: (I play spanish version, so I don't know how the message is showed in english...)
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Multi dock/airport stations

Post by Supercheese »

You can only have 1 airport or dock per station normally -- but in patchpacks (well, namely this one: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=58420) you can have multiple docks attached to the same station.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

I usually work with distribution centres, so you have a couple of docks that each have a dedicated station (be it train or truck), from these stations I then transport the cargo to a large single station (the distribution centre) and from there I transport the cargo to its final destination.
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
bear1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bear1 »

With docks I sometimes use one port for departures and one for arrivals. This is particularly necessary where the docks are not in the town centre and you need to work with transfers.
Airports can become troublesome when they reach capacity-although these days the big airports have substantial capacity. Try to use buses and trains to move passengers to another station-think London Luton airport!

Return to “General OpenTTD”