3DTT Source Code

A 3D Transport Tycoon-like game, an incomplete version of which was released as "Trains & Trucks Tycoon".
SSvO
Engineer
Engineer

3DTT Source Code

Post by SSvO »

Hello Community,
I have good news to all programmers, modders, graphic Moddler and all who like to works on computer games.

I talked to Peter Dobrovka, the creator of 3DTT or SUS.
Unfortunately 3DTT is not in active development, but he offers to provide the SoureCode to a community of interested people, who could then work on the game to finish it.

However, as someone who was many years in the legal dispute over the rights to the code, he wants to be involved in the development, and not completely leave the project.
If we can find interested people here, we could 'sit together' with him, to clarify the framework conditions under which he would publish the code.
The game is quite advanced, but because the code is already about 13 years old, there is certainly still much to do.

This call, I will also start in other forums to reach as many people as possible.

Best regards
SSvO

German:
Hallo Community,
ich habe ein anliegen an alle Motivierten Programmierer, Modder, Grafiker, Moddler und alle die gerne an Spielen Arbeiten.

Ich habe mit Peter Dobrovka gesprochen, dem Schöpfer von 3DTT bzw. SuS.
Leider befindet sich 3DTT nicht weiter in aktiver Entwicklung, er bietet jedoch an, den SoureCode einer Community von interessierten Leuten zur Verfügung zu stellen, die dann an dem Spiel weiter arbeiten könnten. :) Was ich persönlich grandios finde.

Als jemand, der Jahrelang im Rechtsstreit um die Rechte an dem Code gelegen hat, möchte er jedoch an der Entwicklung beteiligt sein, und das Projekt nicht komplett abgeben.

Wenn sich hier also interessierte Leute finden würden, könnte man sich mit ihm 'zusammen setzten' und die rahmen Bedingungen abklären unter denen er den Code veröffentlichen würde.
Es wäre doch bestimmt für viele Fans interessant an diesem Projekt mit zu arbeiten.
Das Spiel ist schon relativ weit fortgeschritten, aber da der Code jetzt schon ca. 13 Jahre alt ist, ist dort sicher noch viel zu tun.

Diesen Aufruf, werde ich auch in anderen Foren starten um möglichst viele Leute zu erreichen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
SsvO
siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: 3DTT Source Code

Post by siu238X »

Sounds good, but it looks like 3DTT board's place in this forum is a bit low. I'm interested to see whether you have posted this on other 3DTT communities (if exist)
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

pinkpony
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pinkpony »

What about the code, where to look?

Return to “3DTT (Trains & Trucks Tycoon)”