grafic mod progress thread ( Sus / TTT / 3DTT )

A 3D Transport Tycoon-like game, an incomplete version of which was released as "Trains & Trucks Tycoon".
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

grafic mod progress thread ( Sus / TTT / 3DTT )

Post by don_quijote »

In this thread i will show you new finished textures. Everything about the status of the project you will find here.

We will start withe latest finished textures of the german double decker coach.
Attachments
DB-AG DBpza, double decker coach of an german Regional-Express
DB-AG DBpza, double decker coach of an german Regional-Express
TTT_GL 2013-02-08 16-43-11-68.jpg (235.32 KiB) Viewed 30032 times
typical compilation of an german regional train
typical compilation of an german regional train
TTT_GL 2013-02-08 16-43-00-46.jpg (261.17 KiB) Viewed 30032 times
TTT_GL 2013-02-08 16-41-34-42.jpg
TTT_GL 2013-02-08 16-41-34-42.jpg (243.19 KiB) Viewed 30032 times
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Re: grafic mod progress thread ( Sus / TTT / 3DTT )

Post by don_quijote »

Some news: i reworked again the whole terrain textures to get a morr videogame-familiar grafic look. See the result below. You also can see the new bridge....
Attachments
TTT_GL 2013-06-17 22-39-50-99.jpg
TTT_GL 2013-06-17 22-39-50-99.jpg (207.45 KiB) Viewed 29563 times
TTT_GL 2013-06-17 22-50-38-44.jpg
TTT_GL 2013-06-17 22-50-38-44.jpg (235.88 KiB) Viewed 29563 times
TTT_GL 2013-06-17 22-45-05-74.jpg
TTT_GL 2013-06-17 22-45-05-74.jpg (241.04 KiB) Viewed 29563 times
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

The new loading screen:
Attachments
Loading.jpg
Loading.jpg (350.78 KiB) Viewed 29561 times
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

The new bridge and two HD screenshots for you to download ;)
Attachments
TTT_GL 2013-06-17 20-58-30-49.jpg
TTT_GL 2013-06-17 20-58-30-49.jpg (261.16 KiB) Viewed 29556 times
TTT_GL 2013-06-17 20-59-55-34.jpg
(311.92 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
TTT_GL 2013-06-17 20-59-21-79.jpg
(287.71 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

And i also reworked the street textures and replaced them with centralised and seamless textures. As you can further see, water/river textures are also replaced...i uploaded it in HD...so its not visible in the thread. click on it to enlarge ;)
Attachments
TTT_GL 2013-06-18 00-15-45-08.jpg
(369.05 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
TTT_GL 2013-06-18 00-16-11-65.jpg
(374.18 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
TTT_GL 2013-06-18 00-21-12-19.jpg
(289.24 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
DE1002
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DE1002 »

WOW, many thanks for this wonderfull impressions! :bow:
Is there any possibility to fix the programming Bugs too? What Version of SuS do you use, the patched or the unpatched?

Regards, Daniel
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

Hi Daniel,

unfortunately its not possible to fix code based bugs because i have no access to the the source code. Its encrypted ;)...even some programmers here tried to decompile it...but there was no success. The source code is locked and was never released to public...so you can just retexture and edit some models.

don
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

DE1002 wrote:WOW, many thanks for this wonderfull impressions! :bow:
Is there any possibility to fix the programming Bugs too? What Version of SuS do you use, the patched or the unpatched?

Regards, Daniel
A sorry....yes i use the german patched 1.1 Version. But this is not relevant for the grafic mod, works also with every other Version. The Patch just fix a few bugs an add some good tolls like the big map...but the main problems (way finding etc.) werent touched.
bugmenotbaby
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bugmenotbaby »

Hello - I like this Game very much...
I have the German Version... And now i find this Side..
Wauu :bow: ... The New HD Texture and the New Mod's from wagon's are very Very Cool

Wau

Well...
Now i have a Big Big Big Question. How is it Possible to put this NEW and Very Cool Mod To my own Game Directory
-
Well It's the German Version
With NO CD Patch
And Patch 1.1 Installed

What Now?
How i can play this Nice MOD too?
Please Step by Step...
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

Hi bugmenotbaby,

da du die deutsche Version hast und an der Form deines Englisch würde ich vermuten wollen, dass du tatsächlich auch der deutschen Sptache mächtig bist ?? ;)

Falls dem so ist:

1. Die Mod ist noch nicht fertig
2. Ich könnte dir trotzdem schon mal sagen, wie du die dann ins Spiel bekommst, bringt aber nicht so viel ohne die Mod ;) Von daher wärs vlt. besser du wartest bis ich die Mod veröffentliche. Das wird in jedem Fall noch dieses Jahr sein.

btw. for all english readers, who cant understand what i wrote here: nothing new or important ;)
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Hi bugmenotbaby,

da du die deutsche Version hast und an der Form deines Englisch würde ich vermuten wollen, dass du tatsächlich auch der deutschen Sptache mächtig bist ?? ;)

Falls dem so ist:

1. Die Mod ist noch nicht fertig
2. Ich könnte dir trotzdem schon mal sagen, wie du die dann ins Spiel bekommst, bringt aber nicht so viel ohne die Mod ;) Von daher wärs vlt. besser du wartest bis ich die Mod veröffentliche. Das wird in jedem Fall noch dieses Jahr sein.

btw. for all english readers, who cant understand what i wrote here: nothing new or important ;)
Crappy translation, no online translator thingie, follows:

Since you have the german version and looking at the construction of your sentences (?usage of english words?), I assume you understand and speak german ?? ;)

It is like this:

1. The mod is not ready.
2. I can tell you, if you get them into the game, it will not bring very much without the mod. ;) So perhaps it is better you wait untill I release the mod. That will, in any case, be before the end of this year.

While you claim nothing new to announce.
I can not find this info in your previous posts, at least not in this topic, sorry.
This is an international forum ... not really very nice is it?

Nice screenies by the way.

ps:
If it were not for that last line ... I most likely would not have made this post.
pps:
It is hard steering while sitting here in the back.
Mind the car Richard ...
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

Hi ChillCore,

no worries ;) in deed there was not really a new announcement, because i stated a couple of times in this forum, that i cannot say it exactly when its done. So the message is still the same: when its done. But maybe you are right and i never did it in this specific thread...in this case sorry ;) but keep in mind, that my post was just a friendly breif and unimportant note to a new member and as you can see i wrote 1000 of words in this forum in (modest;) english. Of course i would go on with a longer conversation in german only as a pm. If it would be my intention to post news you can bet on it, that i will do it in english, so that everybody can follow.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

don_quijote,
No wories neither mate. ;)

I do post in dutch and french too sometimes if I notice someone is not very good with speaking/writing english, but I always add the english version too.
You can not expect someone from china or africa or wherever to understand what you write, but you can bet your hat on it that they do want to know. ;)

Anyway, I hope my translation is a bit correct at least. ;)
And yes, the "it is done when it is done" approach is one I like too like, even more so when it is one of the proffesional bigshots going by that philosophy.

Do mind the bike richard ... :mrgreen:
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
Zerofill
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zerofill »

I played this game a long time ago... and it was great... now, 12 years old, i have the chance to play again... remember that time is so good... but i,d like to play at 920x1080 resolution, that its impossible until now... Will your mod fix the resolution limitation?

PS: sorry about my english, because i´m braziliam...

I´ll keep an eye at this topic...
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

Zerofill wrote:I played this game a long time ago... and it was great... now, 12 years old, i have the chance to play again... remember that time is so good... but i,d like to play at 920x1080 resolution, that its impossible until now... Will your mod fix the resolution limitation?
Hi Zerofill.

first of all make shure you refer to the right game. This thread is about the 2002 released Game Trucks and Trains Tycoon (TTT) or in german Schiene und Straße (SuS) also known under his working title 3DTT.

In the game options menu you can choose different Resolutions up to 1600x1200 but regardless of this you can set the resolution as you want by editing the TTT.ini in the game directory. Open this file with text editor and find the point ResX and ResY. Change this to the resolution you want and then save the file by overwriting the existing.

This works regardless to this mod. Referring to the fact that you want to play only at 920x1080, what is low in current times, your engine is maybe to slow for my mod.

regards
Zerofill wrote:PS: sorry about my english, because i´m braziliam...
Oh no problem. Thats nice and the main thing is that its good enough to understand it ;) I am from germany and at this forum are many people from everywhere around the world ;)
Zerofill
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zerofill »

don_quijote wrote:
Zerofill wrote:I played this game a long time ago... and it was great... now, 12 years old, i have the chance to play again... remember that time is so good... but i,d like to play at 920x1080 resolution, that its impossible until now... Will your mod fix the resolution limitation?
Hi Zerofill.

first of all make shure you refer to the right game. This thread is about the 2002 released Game Trucks and Trains Tycoon (TTT) or in german Schiene und Straße (SuS) also known under his working title 3DTT.

In the game options menu you can choose different Resolutions up to 1600x1200 but regardless of this you can set the resolution as you want by editing the TTT.ini in the game directory. Open this file with text editor and find the point ResX and ResY. Change this to the resolution you want and then save the file by overwriting the existing.

This works regardless to this mod. Referring to the fact that you want to play only at 920x1080, what is low in current times, your engine is maybe to slow for my mod.

regards
Zerofill wrote:PS: sorry about my english, because i´m braziliam...
Oh no problem. Thats nice and the main thing is that its good enough to understand it ;) I am from germany and at this forum are many people from everywhere around the world ;)

First, thanks for your quick reply ...

I'm talking about Trains & Trucks Tycoon ... I was wrong with the release date of the game as it was 11 years ago ... kkk (now I'm 38 years old, the age is weighing ...)

I'm happy now, knowing that I can edit the TTT.ini and put the resolution that I want ...

In time, the resolution that I want to play is 1920x1080 (full HD), not 920x1080 ... I wrote wrong ...

My computer is a six-core Phenom with 8 GB RAM and graphics card ATI Radeon 6870 Black Edition 1GB GDDR5, 256GB SATA3 SSD ... I think that is enough to run your MOD ... kkk
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

Of course "Trains and Trucks Tycoon". I always get a bit confused with ther order ;) I could have guess it of my own that 1920x1080 was meant :roll: because 920x1080 would be senseless somehow :lol: Yes, just edit it in the TTT.ini.

Of course your machine will handle it without problems. I am surprised that this game found his way to Brazil :shock:
Zerofill
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zerofill »

don_quijote wrote:I am surprised that this game found his way to Brazil :shock:
I believe that the game was never officially sold here in Brazil, but it eventually found his way to here. I bought the game in a brazilian online store, like "e-bay". Brazil is a huge consumer market games. Sector companies are discovering that. Even now we have local manufacturing of Xbox One.
Zerofill
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zerofill »

I tried to play at 1920x1080, puting that config at TTT.ini, but when the game starts, it automatically switches to 640x480... the better resolution that I can play is at 1280x1024... other resolution it automatically swutches to 640x480... Is there any way to fix this?

edit1: I´m running at Windows 8 64bits.

edit2: Doing some tests here, I discovered that if I run at open-GL mode, I get the 1920x1080 resolution, but the image is in "slow-motion" (this occurs at any resolution), but at DirectX mode, the picture is quite fluid... any tips for that?

edit3: I found something, my system is running a microsoft version of video driver. I'm downloading the driver make from ATI, to see if that resolves the problem.

edit4: After installing a new ATI video driver, the game finally ran at 1920x1080 :P :P :P :P , but just at OpenGL mode... the DirectX mode it automatically come back to 640x480 resolution... :shock: :shock: :shock:
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

Hi Zerofill,

yes, as far as i see the direct 3D mode is not not running properly on actual hardware. Only open GL works fine and i also running it on this mode. But that shouldnt be a problem because there is no advantage to run it in direct 3D. Just use Open GL and its fine. Maybe the only thing about it, is that (on my system) specific driver settings (like anti-aliasing) for the gemes .exe will not work. On my Geforce system only global settings affects the game. But maybe its the same in direct 3D mode, i never tested it ;)

Return to “3DTT (Trains & Trucks Tycoon)”