i appeciate your help, but its just not working
i unpack the data file and then extract the editor into the folder. both the files you mentioned are there. the editor opens up but when i select a file to load nothing happens.
Ok, follow my steps:
MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL DATA.WDB FILE FIRST!!!
1. Unpack the Data.wdb file with the wdbentpacker program. This will create a DATA_WDB folder inside the DATA folder.
2. Copy the vehicle and building editor into the DATA_WDB folder. Also copy the repmaker program + the data.rif file into the DATA_WDB folder. You will need it to reconstruct a new customized data.wdb file.
3. Once you have the vehicle and building editor in the DATA_WDB folder, copy and paste the ADDONUK.LGD and the ADDONDE.LGD into de UI folder that is inside the DATA_WDB folder. Don't remove the files from the DATA_WDB root!
4. This is a thing I forgot to tell you. You need to copy and paste the 3 road(STRASSE) (straight, + junction and T juntion) textures and the 5 rail track(GLEIS or GLEISE) (straight, 2 closed junctions and 2 open junctions) textures from the GFX_HI to the GFX folder.
5. Start the vehicle editor and now you will see a piece of road and a piece of rail track. Congratz it now works!
6. Make the changes you want, save and use the repmaker program to create the new customized data.wdb file. Now cut the new created data.wdb file from the DATA_WDB folder into the DATA folder and overwrite the existing one.
7. Start the game a check your changes!
DON'T FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL DATA.WDB FILE FIRST!!!