Share screen shots of TTT

A 3D Transport Tycoon-like game, an incomplete version of which was released as "Trains & Trucks Tycoon".
TTgamer
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Share screen shots of TTT

Post by TTgamer »

You need also to download the ttt tools. In it there is an "WDBentpacker" to extract the "data.wdb" file.
After you extracted these file, you can see there is an folder called "data_wdb" in the data folder. In it you can chage textures, vehicles, etc.
After you change everything , you need to compress the folder. Put the "Repmaker" and "data.rif" file (also included in the tt tools) in the "data_wdb" folder and start the repmaker.
This will create a new data.wdb file in the folder. Copy and paste this new data.wbd into your data folder and overwrite the file. Start the game and see
of the changes work. Good luck! :)
francis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by francis »

Ok, I will try that, thanks for your help

Best regards

francis
iron_liu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by iron_liu »

where i can get TTT tools? Guys! I use google, but find nothing about it
Kruz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kruz »

My enginners does the darndest things!

How they managed to bribe the city council into letting me build those monstrocoties I don't know. I bet there were lots of cookies involved though! :mrgreen:
kombi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kombi »

Haha, I don't want to know :P A truck load of cash maby?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Looking at those screenshots, 3D graphics need to be übergood to be able to compete with old fashioned pixel art. I know it's a matter of taste, but I rather see screenshots of TTD.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Kruz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kruz »

Purno wrote:Looking at those screenshots, 3D graphics need to be übergood to be able to compete with old fashioned pixel art. I know it's a matter of taste, but I rather see screenshots of TTD.
Oh but you neglect to considerate the fact that this game came out before Anti Alising was an alternative for most gamers. I bet with some higher resolution textures and some AA this game would be quite good looking by todays standards. Also, the trains are truly beautifull in this game. Especially when you zoom in and get some nice sceenery in the background. :)

Still old fashoned pixel art is still one of my favourite artforms. Fancy 3D graphics simply can't create the same atmosphere. Imagine classics like Day of the Tentacle in 3D? Sends shiwers down my spine just thinking about it...
Kruz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kruz »

kombi wrote:Haha, I don't want to know :P A truck load of cash maby?
Indeed! Each of those stations cost above 1,5 million Euro to construct and connect to the main line. :)
TTgamer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TTgamer »

Haha, funny way to construct stations Kruz. :lol: I can imagine it is difficult and expensive to build that kind of stations.
I prefer to build as realistic as possible. I am now beginning with a new very complex railnetwork in a landscape full of mountains.
I will post my new screens very soon!

About the game graphics. I aggree they are a little outdated, but i enabled anti aliasing in the graphics drivers and the graphics are
less blocky and more sharp than normal. I also change de game resolution to 1680x1050 in the config file witch also gives better
graphics. 8)
teccuk
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by teccuk »

Wow great shots!

I have a problem taking screenshots, i just get black when i paste.

Also, i would love to know how you made the underground stations.
randknu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by randknu »

To build underground stations you need to hold shift and then decide how deep down you want it and then left click to build the station, or track. whatever you selected. By pressing shift you can manually change height of track and structures that you want to build. You may need to alter the ground a bit after it's built. you can use "b" to enter build mode and click and drag vertexes in the ground up or down. be careful though, save first, sometimes it goes haywire and you end up making a huge crater or a big mountain. And that cannot be fixed again.
-Knut
TootToot25
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TootToot25 »

is this game any good ?(
Kruz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kruz »

We wouldn't be playing it if it wasn't ;)
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Kruz wrote:We wouldn't be playing it if it wasn't ;)
Who would dig up a month old topic if you wouldn't?
Kruz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kruz »

Hyronymus wrote:
Kruz wrote:We wouldn't be playing it if it wasn't ;)
Who would dig up a month old topic if you wouldn't?
I don't see the problem to be honest. Not everybody has the time to surf on the TT forums every day.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

It's not bad to dig a topic if there is a good reason for it. (The older the topic, the better the reason should be)

Return to “3DTT (Trains & Trucks Tycoon)”