3D Transport Tycoon

A 3D Transport Tycoon-like game, an incomplete version of which was released as "Trains & Trucks Tycoon".
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

hmm yes there is a dutch version but it is crappy translated.
an example:
ingezworen:1950 ??? | wth is ingezworen ? it had to be "opgericht
Thanks Arathorn! That really is a compliment to my work. Yes, I am the translator. As I posted somewhere on this forum: I do like feedback, but can you keep it constructive? It can't be that difficult. I spent some hours on translating it to dutch, just for fun. I tried to do my best and I used all the english knowledge I have (and that's quite something). Hence, sorry if I served you wrong.
gryvix
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gryvix »

it's not that, hmm In Simutrans u have a languagefile where u could make changes to everything quite easily (just like txt-document) and had been reviewed many times and find now and then some mistakes or badly translated, I just wanted to say u did hell of a job !
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Hyronymus: do you use the quote button when you quote someone, i saw in your last quotes that you leave out who you are quoting and changed it for you, but this one i haven't !

This is how you quote:
hmm yes there is a dutch version but it is crappy translated.
an example:
ingezworen:1950 ??? | wth is ingezworen ? it had to be "opgericht
This is when you quote with the quote button:
gryvix wrote:hmm yes there is a dutch version but it is crappy translated.
an example:
ingezworen:1950 ??? | wth is ingezworen ? it had to be "opgericht"

Is there a language file where u can change all the words like they have in simutrans ?
Off-course , you can leave out some text in that quote !
But now you can see that it wasn't Arathorn who said this, it was someone else
Hyronymus wrote:Thanks Arathorn! That really is a compliment to my work. Yes, I am the translator. As I posted somewhere on this forum: I do like feedback, but can you keep it constructive? It can't be that difficult. I spent some hours on translating it to dutch, just for fun. I tried to do my best and I used all the english knowledge I have (and that's quite something). Hence, sorry if I served you wrong.
I saw your translated pics too, and that 'ingezworen' thing was the only strange word i saw, shouldn't it be 'opgericht' ?
You have done a very fine job :D

gryvix over-reacted a bit by saying 'crappy', anyway , he said he was sorry too :wink:
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
Rogier
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rogier »

yep I think it must be 'opgericht'....
Transport Tycoon rulz....
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Rogier wrote:yep I think it must be 'opgericht'....
Don't think to much here.

Leave that to a horse, it has a bigger head then you (I hope) :lol:

No offence 8)
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

OK, I'm sorry for misquoting, apologies to Arathorn. And I will include who qouted what whenever I quote again. A 'thank you' to you, Spiff. But you see how much constructive feedback can be. And it ain't all that difficult. Now I feel like adapting the suggestion more then before.
gryvix
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gryvix »

Arathorn wrote:There is a translator somewhere. I think there's a link on this forum somewhere.
I think the guy who made the translation didn't know a word English or Dutch and looked everything up in his dictionary.
I personally think this is more insulting than mine...
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

It is. I'm sorry, won't do it again. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Shal we go back to 3DTT?
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

That's OK with me. All forgiven :D
gryvix
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gryvix »

Anyone has screenshots about that other 3D Tycoon u know the one that is sueing Trains and Trucks Tycoon...
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Isn't that almost exactly the same?
gryvix
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gryvix »

prolly; that is why there is a lawsuit....
Jan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Jan »

No, the game is identical. For more go http://way-x.got-game.org/faq.htm
Sorry, only in German, but you can use Google translator if you add Google search to your browser.
Jan

3DTT=Trains and Trucks Tycoon=Schiene und Strasse=T&TT=S&S=Schiene&Strasse=Trains&Trucks Tycoon=3D Transport Magnat=3dtt
(All done by same programmer, same game under different names)
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Jan wrote:3DTT=Trains and Trucks Tycoon=Schiene und Strasse=T&TT=S&S=Schiene&Strasse=Trains&Trucks Tycoon=3D Transport Magnat=3dtt
That's easy

(great Hyr/Ara/gryv :D )
ashley26ph2002
Tycoon
Tycoon

?

Post by ashley26ph2002 »

any english link
I go to link that says it english but german?
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

You already asked it and i'm not gone post that again here :P
G-Klav
Chairman
Chairman

Post by G-Klav »

Jan wrote:No, the game is identical. For more go http://way-x.got-game.org/faq.htm
Sorry, only in German, but you can use Google translator if you add Google search to your browser.
Jan

3DTT=Trains and Trucks Tycoon=Schiene und Strasse=T&TT=S&S=Schiene&Strasse=Trains&Trucks Tycoon=3D Transport Magnat=3dtt
Read what's in here, Ashley!!
It says "only in German"!!!

Try to read what people write!!!
G-Klav

Note: my avatar is best viewed with the 'silver' scheme on the forums.
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

G-Klav wrote:Read what's in here, Ashley!!
It says "only in German"!!!

Try to read what people write!!!
Everyone wants from his only one ... READ WHAT OTHERS SAID :roll: ... but he usually doesn't read ....
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Peter Dobrovka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter Dobrovka »

There has been written very much painful nonsense here, so I must correct some errors.

3DTT was planned to be a 3D version of TTDX. Which can be seen quite clearly by the signalling system, the high-flying green sums when earning money and that you have to build depots to build and destroy trains (remember the paper basket? its still there!) and that you have fixed trains. Even the camera movement is done in the same way: right click and move.

There are 2 major improvements done:
1. No tiles, you can build freefrom. This includes curved and sloped bridges and tunnels, bridges over bridges and other nice stuff.
2. Professional economy system (optional in the options), where passengers and goods have already fixed goals. This means they do not unload all at every station and do switch over when needed. Complex networks now make sense by gameplay.

The view in which you should play the game is from above looking down, which is very similar to the look of TTDX but looks about 1000 times better. You have got the possibility to go down and look the world from human perspective, and most screenshots use that to give a close look to the detailed vehicles, but that gives a wrong impression of the game itself.

The way to make a schedule has been simplified and functions like scheduling in Railroad Tycoon 2. Instead of TTDX opening half a dozen windows you have a scheduling screen with a large 2D overview map where you can click on the stations.

3DTT contains also ships and planes, but they have been deactivated since
a) there were not enough models being made until release
b) there were bugs in the pathfinding
c) VX wanted to release an add-on with them and so make cash two times with the same product

3DTT Beta 4 has been released illegally by Ubi Soft as "Schiene und Strasse" in Germany and as "Trains & Trucks Tycoons" abroad. Ubi self has been betrayed by my former partner VX software, who pretended to be the author and delivered an incomplete game that they could not finish since they even had no compiler for the source code when I left them. I sued VX primarily, but Ubi isn´t innocent, too, so I sue them too.

I am currently working on Beta 8. Presignalling works since Beta 6.

3DTT has a language file which is a text file that can be edited to support an unlimited number of languages, switching during the game is possible like it is in simutrans. VX made some "protection" over this, so you cannot run the German version in English and vice versa.
VX crippled also some dialog boxes so you don´t see always why you earn/loose money and the deactivated the built-in scenario editor.

Peter
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Are you working on it alone ?

I can see you've had your troubles, must be terrible trying to develop something and getting screwed by partners

Return to “3DTT (Trains & Trucks Tycoon)”