3D Transport Tycoon

A 3D Transport Tycoon-like game, an incomplete version of which was released as "Trains & Trucks Tycoon".
Peter Dobrovka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter Dobrovka »

anaconda wrote: Is there any official sites that I may watch for announcements preferably in english?
The newsgroup alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc was always my announcement board for English people.
http://www.3dtt.de doesn´t support English since I don´t have the time to write everything twice. I had several webmasters to maintain the site, but none of them wrote good English, anymany of them never ever wrote anything at all.
Ahh, so I didn't step on your toe there about the 20 year limit...
No, it was not my idea. The existence of a time limit has been introduced for scenarios, and somebody has set the default to 20. My default was the year 3000.
But may I then return my trains&trucks tycoon to the store that sold it to me, and get my money back, if you win in court? Since it's an illegal copy of the game. And would that affect you if I did or did not?
It is very likely that you may do this, but I have to ask my lawyer.
It will not affect me since I didn´t see anything of the money anyway. My claim for compensation will try to guess what money they could have make if they would have released complete 3DTT instead of a bugged beta. I think for calculation I will take the sales of the upcoming RRT3, which will be very similar to 3DTT.

Peter
anaconda
Chairman
Chairman

Post by anaconda »

Peter Dobrovka wrote: The newsgroup alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc was always my announcement board for English people.
http://www.3dtt.de doesn´t support English since I don´t have the time to write everything twice. I had several webmasters to maintain the site, but none of them wrote good English, anymany of them never ever wrote anything at all.
I'm an active reader and writer at alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc, so I'll guess I'll get some rumours there. And I'll try to read a bit german. I think there will not be a problem understanding if.. no, when you win in court and when a new version of your game is finished. :mrgreen:
Ahh, so I didn't step on your toe there about the 20 year limit...
No, it was not my idea. The existence of a time limit has been introduced for scenarios, and somebody has set the default to 20. My default was the year 3000.
Sounds like a much better time limit! :)
But may I then return my trains&trucks tycoon to the store that sold it to me, and get my money back, if you win in court? Since it's an illegal copy of the game. And would that affect you if I did or did not?
It is very likely that you may do this, but I have to ask my lawyer.
It will not affect me since I didn´t see anything of the money anyway.
I have not saved my receipt so I guess my 500kr is lost forever. :roll: But that won't stop me from buying a new version, or ...
My claim for compensation will try to guess what money they could have make if they would have released complete 3DTT instead of a bugged beta. I think for calculation I will take the sales of the upcoming RRT3, which will be very similar to 3DTT.
RRT3?! Are you going to heal my wounds after what PopTop software did to me when they made RRT2? (That was almost as bad as Master of Orion 3). RRT is maybe the greates game ever made. I don't think even Civ has taken so much of my playtime, as RRT.

A final question for (for this time):

Is the AI a bit smarter in the newer version of 3dtt? I tried making a railnetwork yesterday, and some trains just had to go to an occupied track in the station. Making two trains stand head to head :roll:
I'm lost in space. Visiting mother earth once in a while.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

If you still need someone for the english part, I am willing to give it a try. Though english and german are not my native languages I always found both easy to understand. Just PM me in case.
Gspot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gspot »

My native langauge is English, I can help grammar and spelling and shït.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Gspot wrote:My native langauge is English, I can help grammar and spelling and shït.
Yes ? langauge ? shït ?
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
sultana
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by sultana »

I think it means:

I can help grammar and spelling, and just plain stuff....
Things to do:
1) Bend
2) Cheese It
Peter Dobrovka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter Dobrovka »

I don´t need help with grammar, I need somebody who does the WHOLE work!
I simply do need a translated copy of the website, not less, not more.
Well, if anybody is interested in doing this for free, he/she can PM me.

The AI of 3DTT is not touched yet. It is not as bad as it seems, there are simply some remaining bugs.
And what you report about the trains standing head to head is no AI issue but the lack of presignals (which is fixed already in Beta 8).

I don´t know many details about RRT3 and I am not allowed to tell you even the little which I do know and I even don´t know why I am not allowed to tell it since it is only good news yet and could start the hype already.

Peter

PS: 3 days until the hearing...
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Peter Dobrovka wrote:PS: 3 days until the hearing...
Good luck with it!
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Yes, good luck with the hearing indeed! I hope they are willing to listen to independent programmers and don't get fooled by big business glamour lawyers!
peaz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by peaz »

spaceman-spiff wrote:
Gspot wrote:My native langauge is English, I can help grammar and spelling and shït.
Yes ? langauge ? shït ?
lol spiff...
Three cheers for first tiger and el presidente
Hobbes, the delight of all cognoscenti!
He's savvy! He has a prodigious IQ,
and lots of panache, as all tigers do!

MY COMICS!!
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Arathorn wrote:
Good luck with it!
Hope it works out :!:
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
anaconda
Chairman
Chairman

Post by anaconda »

Peter Dobrovka wrote: The AI of 3DTT is not touched yet. It is not as bad as it seems, there are simply some remaining bugs.
And what you report about the trains standing head to head is no AI issue but the lack of presignals (which is fixed already in Beta 8 ).
I managed to get it to work, by placing signals at once after the switch. It's like all other games, you just have to know how.
I don´t know many details about RRT3 and I am not allowed to tell you even the little which I do know and I even don´t know why I am not allowed to tell it since it is only good news yet and could start the hype already.
You have allready said enough. I didn't even know that anyone was interested in making another sequel to this game. This is good news! The best games, is the games where you may give a bit feedback to the creators. And I feel 3dtt and RRT3 will be like that. At least I hope for it.
PS: 3 days until the hearing...
Good luck! I cross all my cat-45 cables for you! ;)
Gspot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gspot »

If you lose, kick them in the junk and insult their mothers. It never fails.

Good luck, mate.
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

This game sounds good, but I can't find ANY download or beta version anywhere...

Do you know a link to get a version ?

I looked for it for more than 30 minutes in google, and visited about 50 sites, but none give me any information about download location :(
Gspot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gspot »

Peter Dobrovka wrote:There is no public download at this time.
Read the thread, save some time.
Peter Dobrovka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter Dobrovka »

Well, the crippled Beta 4 is available for download from Ubi Soft (still illegal, but who cares now after one year?).

http://www.ubisoft.de/bv/downloads/info ... 3-14-6388/

I am already at Beta 8, but that is not available for public.

Peter
Peter Dobrovka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter Dobrovka »

Well, today was nothing. I have got a new date for the 16th of April.
I won´t post any new until that date.

Peter
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

lawyers :roll: :roll: ... we can't wait ... :o
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
anaconda
Chairman
Chairman

Post by anaconda »

Argh! I guessed it. :roll:
Peter Dobrovka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter Dobrovka »

Two days ago I have got the shadows activated again.

Y´know, these ones:

There was a little bug. If I had it fixed before I have been betrayed, TTT would have had shadows in its release version.

Ha, technically I am still far ahead everybody.

BTW, this pic shows how isometrical 3D can look...

Peter

Return to “3DTT (Trains & Trucks Tycoon)”