3D Transport Tycoon

A 3D Transport Tycoon-like game, an incomplete version of which was released as "Trains & Trucks Tycoon".
randknu
Engineer
Engineer

Re: 3D Transport Tycoon

Post by randknu »

If he wanted to make a new game of it now, he would need a new graphics engine and more detailed locomotives and cars. Maybe it would be possible to make a deal with 3d artists that has already made models for MS train simulator or Auran trains to modify the models for use in 3DTT. If i was such an artist i would love that my models were being used as long as there was a "made by" note ingame. in the spec section feks.
There is also plenty of freeware and shareware airplanes for flight simulator.
He can drop the lorrys, ships and airplanes for what i care. i'm only interrested in trains.
He should also make the game as modifiable as possible, adding new rolling stock, changing certain values, and possibility to make mods for it.
This will greatly lengthen the game's life.
And make it possible to increase map size. just because todays computers cannot handle it does not mean that tomorrows cannot.
Make it multi theaded. Multi core CPU's are here to stay.

I prefer open source programs becuse it allows anyone to improve it, even after the developer has lost interest and is working on something else.
But i understand if peter does not want this.
-Knut
kombi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kombi »

I prefer open source programs becuse it allows anyone to improve it, even after the developer has lost interest and is working on something else.
But i understand if peter does not want this.[/quote]

Like tycoon transport ;) Genius game with mods, several nations trains, like Norways ;)
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Transport Tycoon (Deluxe) is not "Open Source".
Last known as: Weirdy
thundercave
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thundercave »

forget about 3dttd people... if seen hardware references in this tread.. that were last seen at the end of world war 2... pfff and have bin upgrading couse s*** breaks down every time(figures....)
man i whas thinkin, if we could run a 3d version of TTD on a pentium 3 1000MHz... i mean that should be possible right ...but if 80% of the TT fan base still got a 200mhz 16mb vid and 64ram.. than 3d is screwed...

man i play the newest games on my rack at 1900/1024 full fleghed... but stil i come back every ones in a wile to old ttd.. and play it for a couple of days and then dreaming about how cool it would be if it where in 3d... nice antianalias.... mabley a bit of bloom or overbright...... shadows... revlective and reactive water with the sky an briges and trains etc reflecting in it in real time... dinamic lighting, so when its night the viecles headlights creates shadows from corners of buildings. but nothing is to change in the gameplay, stil acimetrical view, stil the same music etc, only graphic wise up to par.....

mannn live suckes....(well probebley not as mutsh as people with those stone coal pc's... but then again, not many people now how cheap it is, to build your own pc... im not kidding even some IT people dont know it...)
i just put a pc togethere for my brother for les then €200-, pentium dualcore 1600mhz, 1gig ddr2 ram ,nvidia E6600 256mb video card... i know it's not top noths but wat do you expect for 200 euros... but its a heck of a lot better then a weird videocard that gets a boost from a software upgrade, and that is notiseble...(font memories of a turbo button on a computer....whoho 25mhz more yeah mabley spear of destany wil now run with out giving me a headeack).....

ahhhh font memories of a 15'' monitor hahahahah......(glad thats over........)
randknu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by randknu »

When i first tried TTO, TTD wasn't ready yet, i was playing on a 486 DX2 66mhz with 8mb ram and a 14" monitor. That setup was an expensive setup back then. We even went for the stupiditly huge harddrive of 400Mb that the seller said was wayyy overkill... yea right.

For the same value of money today would give you a top-of-the-line gaming computer with sli or crossfire and 8gb ram.
However there are always those who
a) do not have money or
b) wish to spend money on something else.
c) have no clue and buys a cheap laptop for gaming purposes.

For a) the computer they have may have been bought a long time ago or inherited from a family member or an aquintenance or maybe it's put together from scrap computers that people have thrown away. (i have a couple of those friends)
For b) screw them! If they don't want to follow the progress and play the new games then that's their choice. But they cannot complain that their 10 year old computer cannot run a brand new game.
For c) they should check what they buy and not listen to sellers at wal-mart or the likes. (i really feel sorry for this group) tips: post a new pc topic here and give us your budget and we will help you choose.

just my thoughts...
-Knut
warman45
Engineer
Engineer

Post by warman45 »

you should have waited a few years. got the 1 GB version.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

warman45 wrote:you should have waited a few years. got the 1 GB version.
Please stop replying to topics that have been idle for considerable time.

Return to “3DTT (Trains & Trucks Tycoon)”