[ottd] Danish transport set (Version 0.0.3.B) (14.10%) [dead / 2020]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

BjarneG
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Danish transport set (Version 0.0.2.B) (14.10%) need art

Post by BjarneG »

hey

Cargowagens i ben working of.

BjarneG
Attachments
dsbgodsw.png
dsbgodsw.png (6.4 KiB) Viewed 4965 times
Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

BjarneG wrote:...
We just get to have a place where wi alwais have the latest version to dwl. So wi can dwl. do codning and upload it again.
I think it could be good to put it in the #openttdcoop Development Zone.

I do not know exactly how it works, and how to put a new project there. But it would be very nice to have one place for all the sprites, coding and other informations needed.

Bjarne, it good to see that you are making some progress with the freight waggons. It looks like you are converting some MSTS files til OTTD sprites. I think you have to make them look a bit more OTTD-like.
OKF2000
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by OKF2000 »

sorry for being gone some time. but it has busy around here.

and i have that problem that i can not get den file form dav:ant in to the GRFmaker.
and by the way you shout just have PM me, as i have all the work i do on my pc.

//i got a stock on makeing a multihead trian link the MFA (IC3) train. plase can enyone help me on how to do that i GRFmaker.//

and you carco wagoons looks great.

a codeing update from V.0.0.3.A the Litra B(ll) is come one fine in codeing and the animation´s is working.
in the next update will they been to steamers one widt tender, and the passenger wagon widt to colors.

a light i my brain just came on, and now i trink i now how to make the wagoon chanch on DMU and EMU.
the tender is come fine on the Litra N in codeing. so heng in there, a new version is on its way.
now i will go out and get me self some food.

if all go´s as plant will i have a new beta version out tomorrow. :bow:

New Version 0.0.3.B

- Litra B(ll) - Added
- Litra N - Added widt Tender
- Litra MFA - Update to have the right wagon´s on
- made some small adjust ments on the place ment on the train´s
Danish_transport_setw.GRF
New Version 0.0.3.B
(27.11 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
Sorry if u can't understand my English i have word-blindness.
I'm using IeSpell (some time)
Projects Currently Working On | the Danish Transport set ::
website - Topic - DSB Denmark

Alseimik
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Danish transport set (Version 0.0.3.B) (14.10%) need art

Post by Alseimik »

I love ths newGRF :bow:

Good job! When i see more development and more trains, i will probably start a Danish server, as the one there have been online for a little time now, but with this newGRF and maybe swedish houses.
OKF2000
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by OKF2000 »

i will try to make a new version widt more trains in it, assoon as i get the time to it.

Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Hi,

I've recently drawn some Danish things for the 2cc trainset so here they are for you to use (or delete :) ). Mind it, they are in a 2cc livery so they should probably be recolored to a real Danish livery.

Enjoy. :wink:
Attachments
IC4.png
IC4.png (10.12 KiB) Viewed 4715 times
S-tog IV.png
S-tog IV.png (5.86 KiB) Viewed 4715 times
S-tog II.png
S-tog II.png (11.84 KiB) Viewed 4715 times
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

Thank you very much for sharing your sprites :D

These trains are already drawn for the danish set, so I doubt that we will use your sprites, but thank you anyway :).

I'm glad that some danish trains has made it into the (very nice) 2CC set, but it's a shame that the trains can't be coded realistic in the 2CC set, so you had to make the trains a bit less realistic. In the danish set, it should be possible to code the trains like in real life.

I really like the recent progress with the freight wagons for the 2CC set. And I think that the european sprites could make it into the danish set, because at least in TTD-scale, the european wagons look quite similar :)
Maybe we need to change some stats, and do some recoloring (because we do not use company colors), but it's better than starting from scratch ;)
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Feel free to take anything of mine, my friend. Don't even ask. :)
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
treinennet
Engineer
Engineer

Post by treinennet »

i got a question about your set.

are there going to be DFDS Seaways ships in the set?

treinennet.nl
Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

Untill now, this set has been focusing on trains only. :)

Of cause the name of the set (and some descriptions I have seen) are telling that busses, stations and even ships could be a part of the set in the future. But I think its way better to split the set into more parts, if ships, busses or stations are made later. So really this Danish transport set should be changed into Danish Train Set. ;)

It could be very nice with a danish/scadinavian ship set, but ships are a bit hard to draw, and gameplay-wise they cant be used as in reality. It could be cool if train or car ferries were possible in OTTD, but this is not an option (at least at the moment).

Now back to the train topic:
The progress of this train set has been very slow the last years. Its really a shame, because many trains are drawn and ready to be coded.
I think the progress could be speeded up, if the devzone was used to store all the files, and used to control the progress. And I have been thinking of using NML to code the set instead of GRFmaker.
If NML and the devzone was used, it would be a lot easier for others to continue the work, if one person gets tied of it :)

I have looked a bit into the NML Documentation, but my programming skills are limited, so I might have to do a lot of trial and error to get some real work done ;)
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

Jimbow wrote:Of cause the name of the set (and some descriptions I have seen) are telling that busses, stations and even ships could be a part of the set in the future. But I think its way better to split the set into more parts, if ships, busses or stations are made later. So really this Danish transport set should be changed into Danish Train Set. ;)
well, it could be "Danish Transport Set - Trains" and "Danish Transport Set - Busses" etc.
OKF2000
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by OKF2000 »

wait for anwers in the aftermoon

Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

OKF2000 wrote:wait for anwers in the aftermoon
Can we expect an answer soon? :P :lol:
OKF2000
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by OKF2000 »

i am sorry i forgot, i come with my ide here in the evering.
the resoon i forgot was that my mom was hospitalized with 5 double blood clot in the brain that day, os i forgot all about it.

Here is my renewing idees.
1. We er going to sperate the set but still keep it as a set.
2. We er going to sperate the topic in to 4 (Trains (this one))(Trams/bus/trucks)(Stations/house/backgound/industis)(Ships) this also opens op for the ablily to work on them alle at the same time :bow:
3. the topic subject name is going to been shoten to (Danish TS /XXXX) XXXX is go to been that part of the set is in this topic
(Danish TS /Trains (Version 0.0.3.B) (14.10%) need artist)
4. the join ment of the projeck is going to be on a new website, were it will be able to upload work form all parts, housing a bug report system with more.
5. the website is going to move to http://www.ooas.dk and been able to use my database.
6. it is go to be that the when ther is made a update to the .GRF you also has to upload the .IST file, for the resoon that it makes is posible for all coders to come widt updates, but also if one is busy and not have the time to update the .GRF code someone else can take over widt out have to start from the start agrin.
7. GRF names.
(DanishTS-trains.grf) for trains.
(DanishTS-TBT.grf) for Trams/bus/trucks
(DanishTS-SHBI.grf) for Stations/house/backgound/industis
(DanishTS-Ships.grf) for Ships

What do you think about thise 7 idees.

Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

OKF2000 wrote:i am sorry i forgot, i come with my ide here in the evering.
the resoon i forgot was that my mom was hospitalized with 5 double blood clot in the brain that day, os i forgot all about it.
Thats a very good reason for not writing on the forum! I hope she is feeling good again :)
OKF2000 wrote:Here is my renewing idees.
1. We er going to sperate the set but still keep it as a set.
2. We er going to sperate the topic in to 4 (Trains (this one))(Trams/bus/trucks)(Stations/house/backgound/industis)(Ships) this also opens op for the ablily to work on them alle at the same time :bow:
These are all fine ideas, but I think the main focus should be on the train set, and then maybe add more sets when the train set i done. I think it's a bad idea to combine stations, houses, background/NewObjects and industries. These should be made as seperate sets.
OKF2000 wrote:3. the topic subject name is going to been shoten to (Danish TS /XXXX) XXXX is go to been that part of the set is in this topic
(Danish TS /Trains (Version 0.0.3.B) (14.10%) need artist)
You can rename the topic to whatever you feel like :)
OKF2000 wrote:4. the join ment of the projeck is going to be on a new website, were it will be able to upload work form all parts, housing a bug report system with more.
5. the website is going to move to http://www.ooas.dk and been able to use my database.
6. it is go to be that the when ther is made a update to the .GRF you also has to upload the .IST file, for the resoon that it makes is posible for all coders to come widt updates, but also if one is busy and not have the time to update the .GRF code someone else can take over widt out have to start from the start agrin.
The ideas are fine, but why spend time on creating a new website, when the DevZone has all the functionalites needed? (And then the spare time can be used on progress of the train set ;))
Another advantage of using the DevZone, is that there would be a bigger chance of attracting more other developers, because they are already on the DevZone, and knows the system.

How about the idea of coding the set in NML?

Return to “Graphics Development”