[ottd] Danish transport set (Version 0.0.3.B) (14.10%) [dead / 2020]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

BjarneG
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Danish transport set (Version 0.0.3) (14.10%) need artist

Post by BjarneG »

hello

Ill start woking on this project again.
It will be on goodswagens

Hi.
BjarneG
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

BjarneG,

In answer to your e-mail (assuming you're the same BjarneG);

Any graphics I made are licensed under GPL, which means you can use them for whatever project you want.
I did draw a few Danish trains in the past, and it'd be an honor if they'd end up in a Danish Trainset.

So in short, yeah, sure, use them :)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

BjarneG wrote:hello

Ill start woking on this project again.
It will be on goodswagens

Hi.
BjarneG
This sounds good, it has been a long time :)

If I get the time, I will draw some more sprites for the set. Maybe some older passenger cars. :P

However it seems that this set really could use a coder. There are many sprites ready for coding. If these sprites was coded, the set will be much bigger.

I have tried to read in the wiki and other documents, but the nfo coding is a bit hard for me to understand at the moment. Maybe i should try to read it again some day. But for now I can't help with coding. :?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Jimbow wrote: I have tried to read in the wiki and other documents, but the nfo coding is a bit hard for me to understand at the moment. Maybe i should try to read it again some day. But for now I can't help with coding. :?
Perhaps you could try GRFMaker (link in sig). It did the trick for me. It doesn't have the most advanced features, and you'd still need to consult the wiki sometimes, but at least it heavily reduces the amount of hex code needed.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

Purno wrote:Perhaps you could try GRFMaker (link in sig). It did the trick for me. It doesn't have the most advanced features, and you'd still need to consult the wiki sometimes, but at least it heavily reduces the amount of hex code needed.
I just had a quick look at those user guides, and they actually looks quite simple. :)

So maybe I'll try to code some sprites, and see if i can get them to work. :D

If I can make it work, I could have a go on coding the missing trains for the danish set, if I get the GRFMaker files from DanMacK.
But for now, I will first see if i can get some simple trains running :P
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

If you are interested, can this set probably be coded along with the dutchset and the austrian set, atleast the trainpart :) I guess they share a common nominator :)
Member of the
ImageImage
Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

DJ Nekkid wrote:If you are interested, can this set probably be coded along with the dutchset and the austrian set, atleast the trainpart :) I guess they share a common nominator :)
That could be cool. :)
I really like how the paint on the dutch trainset changes over time. That feature would be nice to see on the danish trains too. :P

However, I'm not the one to ask who should code the set, as I has only done one small part of this set (that are not finished yet). :)
BjarneG
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BjarneG »

hey.

I am the BjarneG former Bjarnek

If there new sprites your can send them to me and i will work on the coding.

I use the GRFMaker to do that.

Hi. BjarneG

PS. Missing a list of the ID used i The Danish Trainset Published.
Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

BjarneG wrote:..If there new sprites your can send them to me and i will work on the coding...
I think the newest sprites are allready posted in this topic. :)

Another place in this topic, there is a file with the rest of the sprites (including those that are not coded yet).
BjarneG
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BjarneG »

hello.

What is wrong here to mush space betvein wagons
The sprites is schorted to 12.5 %

Hi.
Bjarneg
Attachments
error.png
error.png (12.79 KiB) Viewed 1880 times
OKF2000
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by OKF2000 »

good to see some work being done again on this project, i will help as much as i have time for,
Sorry if u can't understand my English i have word-blindness.
I'm using IeSpell (some time)
Projects Currently Working On | the Danish Transport set ::
website - Topic - DSB Denmark

AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

BjarneG wrote:What is wrong here to mush space betvein wagons
The sprites is schorted to 12.5 %
As it is drawn now, it looks like the cars are much closer in the diagonal views, while in in fact it's the cylindrical tank that is drawn longer. It is 17 px long in the _ view and 11 (or 12?) in the / \ views. If it is 22 long in the _ view, or 8 (9?) in the / \ views, the proportions would remain the same. It seems the platform in one end is forgotten in the diagonal views.
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

/ and \ viewes should be (__/2)+6 px long.

i.e.
full length __ view is 32px long. (32/2)+6 = 22...

6/8th = 24 px in __ view

(24/2)+6 = 12+6 = 18

where the (length/2) is the "side", and the 6 is the end...

slightly shape-depending also, but this is the thumb-rule...
Member of the
ImageImage
BjarneG
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BjarneG »

hi
new sprites am working on

Triangel Motor Wagen

BjarneG
Attachments
triangel motorvogn.png
triangel motorvogn.png (793 Bytes) Viewed 1832 times
OKF2000
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by OKF2000 »

looks good.
Sorry if u can't understand my English i have word-blindness.
I'm using IeSpell (some time)
Projects Currently Working On | the Danish Transport set ::
website - Topic - DSB Denmark

Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

BjarneG wrote:hi
new sprites am working on

Triangel Motor Wagen

BjarneG
Looks decent, but somehow it lacks the ability to tell me right away that it's a Triangel. However I wonder if that's even possible to draw with such a limited number of pixels. After all the "Triangel-like" features all tend to be less than a pixel at this scale. It sort of looks like it's a carriage driving without a locomotive, but then again without knowing for sure I think that's how people viewed it when it was new. After all it was the first DMU (or GMU as it's running on gasoline, not diesel) and it predates diesel locomotives as well meaning only steam was around.

Having said this I say that this is clearly something we can use. Ages ago (before this set even began) I tried drawing a Triangel. The result was... well I will not go into details, but you haven't seen it and you never will. It's actually harder to draw than one would imagine and this makes me even more happy that somebody managed to do it :)

Now I wonder about the encoding of the Triangel. It has to have a unit in both ends (it can drive in reverse, but the driver can't see anything when reversing, hence the need for a pair). Because the carriages are both pushed and pulled at the same time it allows max 2 carriages between the engines. Those carriages should be limited to two axle passenger and mail carriages (read: light weight carriages). Reliability.... well it has never been good with the early Triangel. The engines were somewhat fragile and all operating Triangels today have had their engines replaced because it was like for every hour they were driving they needed 2-3 hours in the repair shop. Sure they were presumably more reliable when new, but... the design sucks when it comes to reliability.

I have an interesting note about Triangel. Quite a lot of DMUs in Denmark are called pigs (unofficially). The first one to get this name was Triangel. The reason is that when they were new all trains so far had been steam (there are a very few exceptions, which most people didn't know about, such as HHGB M1). Because people listened for steam whistles when crossing tracks the new trains had to imitate the sound of a steam whistle using compressed air. Sadly the air pressure was only around 1/3 of the boiler pressure and air and steam gives different sounds even in the same whistle. This means the air whistle ended up not really sounding like planned, but at least it had a sound, which didn't really sound like anything else meaning people could learn this as sound from a train and only a train. However the general population is quite good at comparing stuff to other stuff which the constructor didn't imagine and it was discovered that this new horn sounded like the whine from a scared pig. Now 50-60 years after the Triangel have disappeared from daily use people still call the lines they used to run for pigs, yet close to nobody have a clue to why they are called like that as the logical connection is gone.
BjarneG
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BjarneG »

hi.

a teaser of train/cars i work on.

BjarneG
Attachments
msts sprites til imp.zip
(23.14 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Bjarni