Danish Trains

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

nihues
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Danish Trains

Post by nihues »

Nice! I think it`s the first time I see something like these ones (like very rounded front)

OBS: They seems HAPPY looking upside down!!! :lol:
Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

The MY/MX are indeed some very nice looking locomotives! 8) :D

It's very interesting to see the voxel model, and how it turns out in the game. I think the shape and shading are very good.
I don't know if the red color is too bright, and it will only be possible to see, when a few wagons are attached to the locomotive :wink: :wink:
Jimi Okstoft
2TallTyler
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by 2TallTyler »

0-8-0.PNG
0-8-0.PNG (37.7 KiB) Viewed 200 times
0.8.0 now includes the Class MR, a cost rebalance to match RUKTS, and a new naming scheme.

Next up will most likely be the Copenhagen S-Tog trains, although I've had my eye on adding some coaches to give the locomotives something to haul...
Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

The MR DMU is a great addition for the branch lines and regional services!

I have noticed a few extra red pixels on the white/red version. It happens in the rear end, when going in the / direction.

On the gray/blue version you sort of open a pandora box, by adding a green color at the doors. Originally the gray/blue design had green stripes at the doors, but later this changed to red. I don't remember exactly when this change happened, but maybe around 2011? However the process from green to red was quite random, and even the same trainset could have both green and red doors. And even today you can still spot a few green doors.

My point is that you could make both the green and red doors for all the trains, but this is much work for a small detail. It might be better to focus on adding more trains first, and then maybe this detail later...

Regarding the MR train, it actually consists of a MR unit and a MRD unit. There are some small differences with the windows and the doors. The MRD has only one window before the first door, which is a bit wider as the others. Later the rear door has been closed. Again this is rather small details!
Jimi Okstoft
Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

Please ignore my comments about the MR train, because these details are not worth implementing! :roll:

It's better to prioritize adding other trains, and the S-trains would be very cool! You could start with the 2nd and 4th generation, as the 3rd were only built in a limited number.

Adding some B and Bn+Bns coaches would really improve the gameplay for the 1970-2000 period. Later the B+ABs would fill a gap as well, along with the ME, EA and the brand new EB.
I look forward to see how you will implement the push-pull trains, because you have added many nice features already! :lol:
Jimi Okstoft

Return to “Graphics Development”