>> CS Bus set : CS Truck set : Cstgfx Trams <<

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Re: >> CS Bus set : CS Truck set : CS Tram set <<

Post by Greyfur »

MLG wrote: 29 May 2021 06:22 Excellent, those T3 graphics are really nice! :bow: EDIT: Or is it a T2? They are so similar from side... (end of EDIT) Is it with 32bpp or extra zoom? Just asking, since they are sooo beautiful. :) Looking forward to seeing them in my games. Together with STGFX it will be an interesting combo.
However, T3 1435 mm and 1000 mm bogies are diffferent. https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi ... 435_mm.JPG (1435 mm), https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File ... 000_mm.JPG (1000 mm). Will your trams also include some reference to those different bogies?
BTW, do you plan only trams operated in former Czechoslovakia, or also tram models produced here and exported to other countries? Most of it would be similar models, also it would include more Škoda trams, for example Škoda 10T, which is in fact bi-directional 03T, and more modern example Škoda 35T for Chemnitz. Also, will it include those trams which are now produced for Pilsen/Plzeň and Ostrava?
It is indeed a T2, T3 will be done by Spajdy. T3 has been drawn from the side already, but yet doesn't have other views done. Our agreement was, that he will do the modern trams and I will work on the old ones. The divider is the Tatra T3. T3 up is Spajdy's and T2 and below are mine (but we work together, so I think there will be some overlap between T3-T6 as I love those trams as well). My aim is to present all the producers that did trams in service in Czechoslovakia.

They are not in 32bpp nor extra zoom at this time, good old 8bpp for now. The tram sizes are compatible with Spajdys and my scale. The boggies differences would be too detailed for 8bpp, if we go into more detailed graphics, I will certainly want it to be different. Your 1000mm boggie link shows a replacement by some other manufacturer, a 1000mm bogie from Tatra looks like this.

There are multiple phases of development and releases planned. Given the fact we are both from Slovakia, we will start with trams that are and were in service in slovak systems (together with horse powered and steam powered ones and including passenger and cargo trams + service cars) and then moving over to czech cities. I am really looking forward to Ostrava as it had a very widely diversified system using both steam and electricity on 760mm and 1435mm gauges. We also plan some commercial liveries for both new and older trams.

Spajdy mentioned he would like to have some trams that were in service in Hungary available (Combino, T5C5), I myself like Budapest Ganz trams and all Duewag trams a lot and tram-wise I always liked Vienna, so I think at some point we may go abroad. But there is so much work on Czech and Slovak vehicles left, that I cannot even predict when we could get to those. I still have the C bus package (years 2001-2021?), the CS trucks and all the work on the CS trams, Spajdy has his slovak trains and CS trolleybuses (where I maybe will also help with some older vehicles), while he still keeps working on his slovak buses.
My project: CS Bus Set viewtopic.php?f=26&t=87962

Škoda - Praga - Tatra - Karosa - Oasa - Prima TL - Zliner - TAM BUS - SOR - Novoplan - Granus - Slovbus - Tedom - Irisbus - Iveco

Woof !
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: >> CS Bus set : CS Truck set : CS Tram set <<

Post by gebik »

Yeah, my photo is from modernised one, so it is in that case replacement bogie from today's Škoda PARS. (PARS Nova at the time of reconstruction)
Are you an eye candy player? Check out Invisible engine set! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88934
You can write to me in English, or Czech. Můžete mi psát česky nebo anglicky.

Formerly known as MLG.
perverted monkey
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: >> CS Bus set : CS Truck set : Cstgfx Trams <<

Post by perverted monkey »

Eastern European Flats as ugly as they could be! :lol:
The blame goes to the architect. You did an excelent reproduction! :bow:
Kruemelchen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Kruemelchen »

Those flat buildings indeed look very realistic. You did a great job with that! It gives me a nostalgic feeling :)
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

Hi guys,

Yet another status update.
CS Bus Set 0.7.2 A pack - most of my work went here. I have re-drawn all the buses that seemed to be too wide. That encompases the oldest Praga NO, Tatra 23, 24 and 24/58, Praga N and Laurin and Klement MS. I have created more Saurer variants, created more color variants of most bus-carriages. I started to rework the code, most of it is done, most of it is written anew. With 6715 lines of code it's already more than 3000 lines longer than the original code for version 0.5.0 and it still isn't finished. I still have to rework 5 vehicles into articulated, as I have removed buses with carriages as extra items in the buying menu. They will be available as refits of the original bus type. That will also allow you to use various carriages for those types, that can pull them. It will also give you an effective tool to refit single buses into a bus with an carriage to upgrade capacity on your lines and convert back to single once the capacity isn't needed anymore. I have also added the preparation for new types I do not have drawn yet in the hopes that with securing the ID upfront, the file then will be compatible when I update it. Once the core is rewritten and the file is compiled, extensive testing tied with sprite alignment will need to happen, so there still is a lot of work to do.

Cstgfx-trams - I have worked on T3 and K2 trams a little, we agreed with Spajdy, that some tram types will be drawn by both of usand with a setting you will be able to choose which graphics you will want to use. This was a compromise we did when we had a couple of arguments about his and mine graphics style and rules. I will still stick mostly to old trams, the area of overlap is only with CKD Tatra trams.

Not the longest change log, but at least you know I am still working on all of this.

Škoda - Praga - Tatra - Karosa - Oasa - Prima TL - Zliner - TAM BUS - SOR - Novoplan - Granus - Slovbus - Tedom - Irisbus - Iveco

Woof !
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

I like when I don't have to write that stuff about trams.

Yeah, I've mentioned that I want some Hungarian Trams but that is really sound of future at the moment. And yet I would need to figure out how I am gonna do a lot of stuff, because these gauges can be really tricky to code, so far is everything working, but it really is only beginning of all big stuff, yet I want to make trains also, that will be funny story to.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

You can find what I am planning next, or doing right now right in my developer diary.
Slovakia | lang : slovak | english

SLOVAK DISCORD SERVER I (and others Slovak and Czech creators) write there in Slovak about what I (ot they are) am planning. This invitation is valid for 100 users.
It is alive and well. :)
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Some cars - the Ikarus 630, for example - look like vanilla buses. After refit to another subtype everything is OK, these coaches look vanilla even in the shopping list. :)
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

Argus wrote: 10 Jun 2021 21:44 Some cars - the Ikarus 630, for example - look like vanilla buses. After refit to another subtype everything is OK, these coaches look vanilla even in the shopping list. :)
Thank you very much for reporting this. I think I have found the reason, why the 706RO, Ikarus 620 and 630 were doing this. The new version will have this fixed. I am still working on the code of the RTOs and Jelcz buses before I can compile the code anew.

If you find any other bugs, I will be more than glad to hear about them, so that I won't miss them.

Woof !
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

These heats we have now are not very motivative to fry myself infront of a computer, so my work has considerably slowed down. I am still working on fixing the A package. I found, that I have not previously added the Easter eggs for RTO buses, so now I had to draw them and add them. You can look forward to Skoda 706RTO-K, the first articulated prototype, or the Liaz and Karosa prototypes of Skoda 706RTO. I will be also adding extra lux bodies, with windows over front, or both front and back. I just nee to code the RTO city and the Jelczs an rewrite the RTO LUX a little to be able to compile and then test the code and align the sprites. Dorry to not have more to report, hopefully it will cool down a bit.

Woof !
General_Mikaelkoo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by General_Mikaelkoo »

how do you download this
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

General_Mikaelkoo wrote: 29 Aug 2021 23:38 how do you download this
Hi, from your game. All released files are available through the in-game download. Just look for CS_BusSetA, CS_BusSetB1, CS_BusSetB2 and CS_BusSetB3.

Woof !
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

Ok guys, after a loooong vacation I am back, still working on code fixes, adjusting and debugging of CS_BusSetA. I am almost done with the code rewrite, what will follow will be the vehicle resizing (re-setting the length as the original set had 8 for even the tiniest buggers) and realignment to the roads.

It's a yucky work, so it eats my motivation a lot, herefore it is that slow.

The long gap was due to me taking part at Art fight in July, which ate all my free time, then some travelling, a lot of work during August at my job and also I was pretty busy with 1:87 RL bus models for a while, to get a break from coding and those digital ones, lol.

So, happy to be back. You should hear from myself soon.

Woof !
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

The return to coding is not particularly easy, mostly when you know how much work you still have left.

Despite being sick, I have coded the LUX long distance 706RTO lux coachs and continued through Ikarus 620 & 630 towards the Jelcz buses and coaches. That will be a lot of coding, the 041, 043 and 272MEX need to be coded without and with a trailer. I sure hope to re-use at least some part from the 706RTO-CAR & 706RTO-MTZ code. I expect about 600 lines for each type. After that is done, I will debug and finally compile the file. Next step will be correcting the lengths and fixing the alignment of the vehicles on the road. Once that is fixed, I will have to balance the newly added vehicle types, fix all the missing strings in the language files and only then will the A-pack of the 0.7 version be ready for release.

Can't wait working on the trucks and trams again...

Woof !
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

I have finished debugging the new A package, now I am working on aligning the sprites onto the bounding boxes. It is an ugly work, requesting a lot of changes and testing, so one procrastinates a lot.

Have some Mercedes buses and coaches sketches instead...

Woof !
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

New release of part A (buses, years 1907-cca1975) in version 0.7.6A.

The changelog:
1) completelly rewritten the code to fix random switches & livery refits, removed buses with trailers as separate types and added them as refits, prepared code for future additions per the planning list of types
2) Added Laurin & Klement HOP, Laurin & Klement HOS, Laurin & Klement DO, Walter PN, Škoda 506, Saurer 3C, Saurer 4C and Fiat 626 buses&coaches
3) adjusted graphics of Ikarus 55, Ikarus 620, Ikarus 630 and did a lot of graphic fixes & rewamps on a lot older buses like Škoda 505, Tatra 24/58 etc.
4) reworked a lot Easter eggs and added new ones
5) fixed vehicle data like weight, speed and power
6) added a couple refit liveries like for Skoda 706RTO LUX, Škoda 706RO, eyecandy Jelcz work cars, etc.
7) added czech and german language ontop of English and slovak
+ probably more I forgot to mention

I tried to test the set as much as I could, but if you find any issues with the set or vehicles, let me know and I will have a look.

The set is being released in the attachment below, I will upload to bananas and the source to github asap.
Attachments
CSBusSetN7.6A.grf
(678.9 KiB) Downloaded 99 times

Woof !
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

The 0.7.6A finally released, my attention moves to the trams. I would like to get the graphics for Bratislava finished up to K2 trams and start on Košice and Ostrava. This is a "soul-cleaning" process, to do something that I am motivated for after that long hassle with the bus set rework. I hope to have at least a basic-preview test finished within a month or two.
Currently planned trams (and their status) for Bratislava:
Ganz 1-5 (1895) (partially drawn)
Ganz 10-15 (1898) (partially drawn)
Ganz 51-54 (1910) (drawn&coded)
Ganz 21-30 (1911) (drawn)
Ganz-Pohév (1913) not started
Ganz locos an carriages for Pohév (1913) not started
Studénka 201-206 (1930) (drawn&coded)
plecháč 151-152 (built in own workshops) (1930) (partially drawn)
4-window tram 11-20 (built in own workshops) (1935-38) (drawn&coded)
5-window Tram 31-45 (built in own workshops) (1938-49) (drawn&coded)
TATRA Studénka 51-65 (1949-52) (drawn&coded)
TATRA Česká Lípa 6MT 66-75 (1952-1953) (drawn&coded)
ČKD TATRA TII (1957-1962) (drawn&coded)
ČKD TATRA T3 (1963-1989) (partially drawn)
ČKD TATRA K2 (1969-1983) (partially drawn)

I may also do some work on trucks and language files for the B-package + some work on B3 pack, as that one was cut short and could use some love. I am pondering also starting the C3 pack, I have a lot of graphics done already, but the amount of coding work is demotivating at the moment. Maybe after the tram relax I will be able to give it some push.

Woof !
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

Hi All,

I should probably write an update :)

The trams had a slow start, but I got into it and the TATRA T3s (1963-1989) got fully drawn and simple-coded for test purposes (or to get a reward and be able to play some :D ). They are available as single unit or double unit, will expand it later to support three-unit service. At this time there are three versions, T3, T3CS and T3SUCS which have subtle graphic changes based on the differences in reality. I have also added the T3M modernization that was done cca 1978-1981 and am testing advertisements on the roof I also started working on a couple advertisement liveries.

I also finished drawing and coded the TATRA K2 (1968-1983) articulated trams. They currently miss any refits or additional liveries.

I have drawn and coded the ČKD TATRA T6A5 tram (1991-1997) I have not planned. I got three variants, the first series from Košice and Bratislava (1991-1992), second which was in Bratislava and Ostrava (1993-1994) and the third that was in Prague (1995-1996). Am yet pending the last delivery from Bratislava. All are in red/cream or Prague liveries, Ostrava, Brno, Kočice and Bratislava + advertisement liveries will follow later. The trams are coded as single and double units and I plan to ad a support for tripple unit service as well. So far the trams can be refitted to a double unit using either front, back, or both pantographs.

As an addition, I have drawn and coded a KT8D5 ČKD TATRA tram (1986-1997?). It is only in red-cream production livery for now. I plan the low floor KT8D5N and reconstructed low floor ones + liveries for later.

From older trams I have drawn the SGP No. 38 from Bratislava, but I have not coded it yet.

My plans for the coming days/weeks/months are:
- new liveries and variants of the already drawn tram types
- new stuff:
Bratislava - finishing Ganz 21-30 with all modifications, adding trailers made from Ganz 51-54+121-127 at the end of their life, original small Ganz trams from 1895-1898 and that should be the base for Bratislava.
- work on cars from the Bratislava/Wien private line
Košice - will get the cargo Box MWG trams No. 1-3 as the first thing, adding their passenger cars 1-18 + trailers will be the next step. Motor cars No 1-10 should follow and I will add some Ringhoffer trams. They got them from Prague, so I will o the various versions.
Ostrava - if I will find my tram atlas, I would like to work on the intercity tram cars from the surrounding Ostrava/Bohumín region and Ostrava blocky tramcars
Brno - I would like to start with MT4 cars and some of their wooden-coated trams + steam tram locos and trailers
Prague - except of the formerly mentioned Ringhoffer cars I look for Mevro (with variants) and T1 trams for now.

Woof !
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

Hello everyone, upate is coming :)

The trams first.
I completed the below drawings of Bratislava trams:
Ganz 1-5 (year of build 1895)
- Colors: gold-red / Dark green / Dark brown / Red / CC1
- Refits: trolley-pole (1895-1906), lyre (1906-1915), tram with trailer 6-9, tram with open trailer 101-104, work car 150
- coding status: Not coded

Ganz 10-15 (year of build 1898)
- Colors: gold-red / Dark green / Dark brown / Red / CC1
- Refits: trolley-pole (1895-1906), lyre (1906-1915), tram with trailer 6-9, tram with open trailer 101-104

Ganz 51-54 (year of build 1910) - fixed shading, added new refits (in Bold)
- Colors: Dark green / Dark brown / Green-white / gray / red-white / CC1 / CC2
- Refits: Single unit / with one trailer 121-127 / with two trailers 121-127 / trailer 166-170 / trailer 161-165
- coding status: Partially coded

Ganz 21-30 (year of build 1912) - not yet finished (in Italic)
- Colors: Dark green / Dark brown / Green-white / gray / red / CC1 / CC2
- Refits: Single unit / single unit after refurbishment (added doors) / single unit with pantograph / trailer 141-145 / work car 151

I started with Košice, completing the horizontal view of their ex-Prague Ringhoffer trams and on the original Košice trams MWG 1-18.

I played with my sets to do some testing, fix tram alignments and have a little fun. And while I am pretty happy with the graphics of the RO and RTO buses, when the ŠM11 and ŠL11 came in, I was very unhappy with the graphics I did some 5 years ago. So I had to fix that. So I have drawn the new graphics for ŠM11 and ŠL11 buses for now, planing to also overhaul the other Š11 and ŠM16,5. I found a bug with Škoda 706RO city bus I will have to fix.

I have also fixed the shading of my most favorite trolley bus, the Tatra T400 and sent the altered graphics to Špajdy to eventually add to the trolleybus set he works on. I also did a Praga TOT trolleybus drawing, but will have to do the other sprites for that one.

Woof !
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

Hey everyone, long time no see.

There is a lot of new, so let me sum it all down.

Trams
Drawing of all Bratislava 2axle trams is now completed. From the pending work mentioned last time all is done:
trailer 141-145
trailer 166-170
trailer 161-165
work car 151

I have drawn, animated an coded horses for the horse-pulled tramway.
I have drawn all Brno horse-drawn carriages sprites (three trailers, tiny closed, large summer and large winter one).
I have drawn the Košice horse-drawn carriage sprites
I did some sprites of three Prague horse drawn trailers - a toastrack and two closed ones

I have drawn 4 of the 8 sprites for 4 Brno steam tram locos
I have drawn some sprites of the Košice diesel tram loco
I have partially drawn 3 narrow-gauge steam cargo tramway locos
I have partiarawn 3 narrow-gauge steam EMUs used as trams in the Ostrava region

I have partially drawn 6 (+refits) narrow-gauge trams from the Ostrava region + 3 trailers

Trolleybuses
I have fully drawn the AEG-Stoll trolleybus from Poprad from 1904
I have fully rawn the Daimler-Stoll trolleybuses from Bratislava from 1909 (both the open and the closed trolleybus)
I have fully drawn the MAN-Siemens trolleybus from Bratislava from 1941/2
I have fully drawn the FBW Oerlicon trolleybus from Bratislava from 1944-47.
I have fully redrawn and shaded the Škoda 3Tr trolleybus from Plzeň (1942-48)
I have fully redrawn the ČKD-Vetra trolleybus from 1948
I have completelly reworked the Škoda 6Tr trolleybus from 1948

Currently my plans are to continue work on the trolleybuses, which then should be part of Spajdys stgfx set. The following trolleybuses need refurbishment:
Škoda 1Tr
Škoda 2Tr
Škoda 7Tr
Škoda 8Tr
Škoda 9Tr
Tatra T86
Praga TOT

I have also gained materials on Košice steam tramway locos and some more materials on Kraus & Co steam tram locos, so I will be reviewing them and will continue my work on those as well.

Woof !
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

Hello after a while!

I had a lot fumble in my life causing OTTD to move onto a second track and then on hold for a couple months. Slowly I am returning to it, so here an update.

What was completed.
All trolleybuses bellow have been reworked to be shaded and all trolleys were sent to Špajdy for coding:
Škoda 1Tr
Škoda 2Tr
Škoda 7Tr
Škoda 8Tr
Škoda 9Tr
Tatra T86
Praga TOT
There are couple more trolleybuses to work on - one AEG-Stoll trolley is missing and both Tatry and Bratislava cargo trolleybuses are also not there. The FBW from Zlín is also yet to be completed, while I already done about half of it.

I have done all refits for the available horse powered trams and prepared them for coding. Further work on trams is currently on hold.

I have worked on fixing the Karosa 700 graphics as the roof was not coherent in the sprites and when I was test-shading it, I decided to rework it instead. I think I have found a solution, not really looking forward to rework all the refits.

My most recent work was on the A part agan.
I have done graphics for NW De Dijon Bouton steam bus from 1900, which will be the earliest bus in the set:
I have done graphics for RAF 20/24Hp bus from 1909:
Another one is a bigger city bus from thirties, the Praga TOv:
There should be six more buses for the next A-part update:
NW TL2 from 1915
NW TL4 from 1916
and a couple thirties buses:
Skoda 304
Walter PN for regional
Walter D-Bus
Liberta

The buses that are going to be added are already drawn shaded. The other graphics will be slowly adjusted later. The new A part update will also address a refit bug found on the Skoda 706RO city bus, which is the main reason I opened the A part this soon. Also, all the new buses are already pre-existing in the code with placeholders, which will, hopefully help with compatibility issues.

I have also received a couple requests to proceed with the buses to a more recent era, so I have proceeded with the preparation of the C parts. Currently I expect 70-90 buses and coaches (64 on the list at this time), from which I have around 30 fully drawn (may be missing refits yet) and around 15 more partially drawn. Solaris buses will be squeezed into the B3 set in the next update.

Ontop, there will be a set I have not named yet, that may contain Mercedes, MAN, Setra, Scania, Volvo, Neoplan, Bova, VDL and VanHool buses and coaches, that were in service in the area of Czechoslovakia since nineties and which have been sold as new (no second hands). That set will need a deep research from my side and probably will start only with a handful of modern buses, with the option to expand it later on.

Woof !

Return to “Graphics Development”