STGFX Dev Posts

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Slovak Transportation Graphic Set (STGFX)

Post by spajdy »

Hello, informational update.

Trolleybuses will be rolled in waves due to some expected complications, but here is how they will be released.

First:
  • Road pack
  • Škoda T 11
  • Škoda 14 Tr a TrM
  • Škoda 15 Tr a TrM
  • Škoda Sanos S 200
  • Škoda 21 Tr AC
  • Škoda 24 Tr Irisbus
  • Škoda 25 Tr Irisbus a Škoda 25 Tr DG Irisbus
Second:
  • Škoda 30 Tr
  • Škoda 30 TrDG
  • Škoda 31 Tr
  • SOR 12 TNB
  • Škoda 26 Tr Solaris
  • Škoda 27 Tr Solaris
And probably the third one, but I will update info on this one.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

You can find what I am planning next, or doing right now right in my developer diary.
Slovakia | lang : slovak | english

SLOVAK DISCORD SERVER I (and others Slovak and Czech creators) write there in Slovak about what I (ot they are) am planning. This invitation is valid for 100 users.
It is alive and well. :)
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Hello Tycooners,
here I am with another update to my developer diary.

Allow me to introduce you to trolleybus Škoda Sanos S200. The one in the middle. Škoda had not articulated body for its trolleybuses so they co-produced 77 pieces of these trolleybuses between the years 1982 - 1987. They operated in Czechoslovakia (later Czechia and Slovakia), Russia, Serbia, and Bosnia and Herzegovina. In Slovakia, they were operated only in Bratislava and Prešov, and they stopped being operated around the year 1999. Max speed of Škoda Sanos S200 is 65 km/h and its capacity is 44 seated and 99 standing passengers.

Well, for the first time I've included something that will affect gameplay more than having an eye candy vehicle. The older the vehicle is, its price goes down, but running costs will go up. Even passengers start to dislike traveling by this vehicle if newer types are available. Small change, but I kinda like it. Do you like it?

I am done with drawing Škoda 14Tr/TrM in Slovak liveries.

I am moving towards making Sanos complete and 15Tr/TrM, so I am once again closer to finishing it.
Have a nice day.

PS: I've made a DISCORD server where I post in the Slovak language the same things as there, but I am planning to have there "archive of released versions". Link in my signature.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

You can find what I am planning next, or doing right now right in my developer diary.

SLOVAK DISCORD SERVER I (and others Slovak and Czech creators) write there in Slovak about what I (ot they are) am planning. This invitation is valid for 100 users.
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Hello, I am started creating some cargo wagons and one has this condition, if empty it can go 120 km/h if not empty, it can go 100 km/h. In game it seemed okay and it did work, but as I tried it with FIRS, it only goes 120 km/h all the time. Why is that? It only checks for cargo_amount, nothing else.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Hello, OpenTTD World,

here is another post from me.
Here I am showing trolleybus Škoda Sanos S 200, with all set as it should be in the final release.
The main thing here is setting through parameters, as there are more liveries hidden in here. What do I mean? When you download and start the game you will notice, there are only basic and one Slovak livery of Prešov town. So not so many as elsewhere.
slovakmenu.png
slovakmenu.png (7.76 KiB) Viewed 8753 times
But if you check in Parameters settings you will see, that you can activate advertising liveries, or world liveries, and combinations. Or you can switch off everything to basic liveries. But if you allow everything, there will be a few more options in the subtype menu. This takes extra time to do, but I want to deliver Slovak trolleybuses mainly. But I want to make good ground for future updating.
allmenu.png
allmenu.png (10.64 KiB) Viewed 8753 times
Škoda Sanos S 200 ingame.
Attachments
snímka9.png
snímka9.png (117.13 KiB) Viewed 4761 times
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Hello, Transport Maniacs,

I am gonna update you on the decisions and progress of the Slovak Trolleybus Set. I want to make it a little bit faster than buses, but I am really lazy. Sorry for that. Anyway, opposed to the Slovak Bus Set, there is better planning, a better understanding of the NML itself and it feels more natural to me, than ever.

Slovak Trolleybus Set B.1.00.01 is planned to be released in December 2021. But there should be a small update to the Slovak Bus Set at the end of March, but maybe, I am gonna delay that one, and gonna push the Slovak Trolleybus Set a bit sooner. Who knows. My main problem is with included roads, which apparently only I want, so I am considering, that I will switch them off for the first BETA release and we would be pretty much good to go. (I hate doing bridge surfaces.)

I've said it before, I am slowly adding support for Andrews Night Base GFX, so you have the option to play with my set in the night. Anyway, this feature is not precisely promised, and not everywhere. This means if I reach the release date and NightGFX won't be done, there won't be delays to the release, as this is BETA and it will be included later.

Enhanced Graphics Mode. Look, I don't like shiny 32-bit graphics, so there is a thing I've talked about on Discord with other players. If they like 4x ZOOM Level 8 bit, and apparently not everyone is keen to have it. So there is no point to do this, but I would love to, but I am not gonna say it will be there. This is something, that may be added later, or so. And I like 4x ZOOM in PKP Set, but I hate the fact it is not everywhere, so I want to avoid this behavior in the "get-and-go" Slovak Trolleybus Set. So, I've decided if I am ever going to add eGFX, it will be switchable by parameter. And yeah, it will be called eGFX.

So let's talk more about parameters, right?
Because there is more to be set. Roads, obviously. I've written that my roads will be switchable on/off, and this remains true, but there is one more thing.

Liveries. Unlike buses, trolleybuses currently have the Liveries parameter active. That means, there may be more liveries activated, or there can be only basic liveires.
What does that mean?
Well, if you get this NewGRF, it will be set to Basic+Slovak liveries. By towns. And that is it.
But you can choose to use only basic liveries, like there will be CC, CC2, and some liveries that were used so often it is practically basic.
But you can toggle on commercial liveries, that will add to your game liveries like TESCO and some other companies. And vehicles with these liveries will have the advantage of smaller running costs, as a simulation of someone else paying for the livery.

I hope I've said everything, what I wanted for now.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

December 2021???? ?( :shock: :shock: :shock:
Is it necessary to release trolleybuses with electrified roads? It'll work with Ufiby's roads.
I need them much more sooner :bow: My cities need them!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

fridaemon wrote: 18 Feb 2021 08:46 December 2021????
Roads will be included, someday. I hope for December 2021.
The first batch of Slovak Trolleybus Set will be released probably after I update every bus so, they will be aware if there are/are not my roads. Due to Bus lane included. So far every Karosa and Ikarus got this update. Now SORs and Ivecos are in order.

As I've said before, the first batch will only include few Trolleybuses, namely: Škoda T11, Škoda 14 Tr/M, Škoda Sanos S200, Škoda 15 Tr/M, Škoda 21 TrAC, Škoda 24 Tr, Škoda 25 Tr/DG. I'll be adding more later. The main reason behind this is to shorten the time of waiting for you guys, and for us to get feedback in time.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Psst, you know how there is an infinity of liveries of Škoda 14Tr and 15Tr trolleybuses? That is time-consuming. But, as you can see it is going well.

With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

I ma just gonna post this here. Škoda 25 Tr with helping diesel engine to go anywhere. Added some more sprites to it, so it looks good. And I've made it compatible with U&RaTT roads and Timberwolf's roads. Is there any road set, you're using? So I can check if I can make it work there either?

With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

kamnet wrote: 26 Feb 2021 23:12 Check Docklands and Unspooled.
Okay, I found what I've needed in the Unspooled topic so my trolley is now capable of running with this set, but with Docklands I am not so sure. I'll ask supermop about it.

Thanks for your suggestions.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

perverted monkey
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by perverted monkey »

spajdy wrote: 26 Feb 2021 22:37 Škoda 25 Tr with helping diesel engine to go anywhere.
Shouldn't it reduce speed when using the diesel engine, like in real life?
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

perverted monkey wrote: 27 Feb 2021 04:30
spajdy wrote: 26 Feb 2021 22:37 Škoda 25 Tr with helping diesel engine to go anywhere.
Shouldn't it reduce speed when using the diesel engine, like in real life?
What do you mean?
If you mean, changing state, it should happen while the vehicle is stopped, but due to OpenTTD mechanics that is not precisely possible (maybe somehow yes, but it may be very complicated). The maximum speed of the 25Tr is 65 km/h, so I don't see a point in making it slower while using a diesel engine (at least in the game), and I've never noticed going any slower while using a diesel engine.

What happens in-game is a change in running costs and power drop. But 65 km/h is so slow for the OpenTTD, you do not notice almost anything.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

perverted monkey
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

I was thinking of the trolleys we have in our city (not skoda-as long as I am aware of because due to covid government is even renting tourist coaches). Their diesel engines are weak and I don't think they can reach 65km/h when loaded.
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

perverted monkey wrote: 28 Feb 2021 05:21 I was thinking of the trolleys we have in our city (not skoda-as long as I am aware of because due to covid government is even renting tourist coaches). Their diesel engines are weak and I don't think they can reach 65km/h when loaded.
Well, this was used normally with/without a diesel engine. The speed was the same, but fuel consumption was freakingly high (at least I was told). (like 60 liters / 100 km)

This is simulated by rapidly changing running_costs.

What trolleybuses are used at your place? For inspiration.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

perverted monkey
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

ELVO-Neoplan, Van Hool.

Before:
ZiU, FIAT, others...
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

perverted monkey wrote: 01 Mar 2021 08:00 ELVO-Neoplan, Van Hool.
Before:
ZiU, FIAT, others...
Okay, I am gonna make a note here. (The first photo is from kamim.sk, nice (I get info about Slovak/Czech vehicles from there).)

So Neoplan N6221, Neoplan N6216, VanHool A300T, Neoplan N6014, ZiU 9 (ЗиУ-9), and some Fiat what is trolleybuses but for some reason people on internet call il small Fiat electric bus. Anyway, I am not promising anything yet, but after I am done with Slovak trolleybuses I am gonna expand the pack by adding there as many liveries and vehicles as I am capable of and as much as is possible. So this can be good for planning. ;)
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

perverted monkey
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

No problem! I just posted for inspiration, not asking anything. :)
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

perverted monkey wrote: 04 Mar 2021 04:26 No problem! I just posted for inspiration, not asking anything. :)

It was inspiring. :)
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Hello travelers,
a little big announcement:

Slovak Bus Set will change it's name to STGFX Bus set with the upcoming update. The update should come out on 21st March. It is a small update with small fixes. And I am really sorry, but it will break back compatibility. Why? Let's look together:

STGFX Bus set !BETA! - Version B1.00.02
Small fixes:
Fixed issue with disappearing back part of the Ikarus 280.08.
Fixed issue with wrong direction indicator flashing at the stop for Škoda ŠM 16,5 M.
Fixed issue with not opening doors on the back part of the Iveco Citelis 18M CNG.
Attempt to fix the issue with messing liveries of Karosa B 731/732/732 CNG.

The main reason for releasing the update:
An added a piece of code that it will make it work with the road set of STGFX Trolleybuses. Mainly bus lanes. (This will break back compatibility.)

Added vehicles and liveries.
Karosa B951/B952 was added, liveries not included yet.
Ikarus 435 was added, liveries not included yet.

Karosa B 932 - DPMK I, DPMK II liveries added to an existing vehicle.
Karosa ŠD 11 - Post livery added to an existing vehicle.
Karosa B 732 - Púchov (ex Ostrava) livery added to an existing vehicle.
Karosa C 744 - Zvolen (ex Ostrava) livery added to an existing vehicle.
Karosa ŠM 11 - Bratislava livery added to an existing vehicle.
Iveco Citelis 18 M - Trenčín livery added to an existing vehicle.
Iveco Crossway 12 M (Line) - Zvolen added to an existing vehicle.

Added Czech and Hungarian language.

I hope I wrote everything here, as this update was not exactly planned and I was more focused on the Trolleybus set.

STGFX Trolleybus set !BETA! - B1.00.01 (first of 3 waves) will be probably released shortly after the update.

Banzai!
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Graphics Development”