European Building Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Chataigne
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 16
Joined: 20 Apr 2018 08:01
Location: Lyon, France

European Building Set

Post by Chataigne »

The European Building Set
European Building Set.png
European Building Set.png (62.67 KiB) Viewed 476 times
All the work i do is under GNU-GPL3

With this set, I want to make city in OpenTTD more like european city with it's lot of tiled roofs, park, boulevard and, of course, industrial and commercial hangar.

Here is some picture of the work in progress :
[+] Spoiler
Building_001.png
Building_001.png (3.02 KiB) Viewed 476 times
Building_002.png
Building_002.png (2.47 KiB) Viewed 476 times

Statut : Work in progress
Credit : Irwe (Swedish house set)
Krutzelpuntz (Danish house set)
Supported langage : EN, FR
Old text : I started to make for myself a grf with some graphic i like, based on work of other people (you can see it on the the screenshot competition).
Infortunately, a lot of graphic were not on public licence. But i decided to work on some stuff made by me. I create this post to show you the work i do and maybe, if i have enough time (got a young child that taking me a lot of time ^^), i will make enough graphic to make a grf.
Last edited by Chataigne on 24 Mar 2021 10:37, edited 9 times in total.
User avatar
2TallTyler
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Posts: 296
Joined: 11 Aug 2019 18:15
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Contact:

Re: European Building Set

Post by 2TallTyler »

Nice buildings!
User avatar
Erato
Director
Director
Posts: 599
Joined: 25 May 2015 09:09
Location: The Netherlands

Re: European Building Set

Post by Erato »

This looks lovely
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
kamnet
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7522
Joined: 28 Sep 2009 17:15
Location: Eastern KY
Contact:

Re: European Building Set

Post by kamnet »

If I may offer some advice, please add support for both sub-arctic and sub-tropical, even if you are not yet creating graphics for those environments. Many of us would like to use them even if they don't look entirely cohesive.
User avatar
Chataigne
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 16
Joined: 20 Apr 2018 08:01
Location: Lyon, France

Re: European Building Set

Post by Chataigne »

I will follow your advice and I will leave the possibility to use them in each climate. I hope, i manage to make graphic for the snow, but i don't understand for now, how to code in nml a snow aware graphic. Another thing i want to do it's to make them road aware too for some inner city building (like in swedish house set).
A lot of work to do, but i have lot of inspiration with all this stuff =>
House_ressources.png
(599.73 KiB) Not downloaded yet
gravelpit
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 69
Joined: 26 Feb 2015 14:49
Location: Poland

Re: European Building Set

Post by gravelpit »

if i make sugestion ,pleas think about old fashion city markt we in europe have buetyfull city landmarks calld Marktplace .U cant make this on four brikcs but diffrents styles that change the game or if you got time make europen churches we have a lot ,you know that good that you from beutyfull city Lyon placed in a awsome valley .bonvoyage :D
User avatar
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 2253
Joined: 11 Jul 2004 14:55
Location: West Midlands
Contact:

Re: European Building Set

Post by SkeedR »

Chataigne wrote: 21 Jul 2020 08:10 I will follow your advice and I will leave the possibility to use them in each climate. I hope, i manage to make graphic for the snow, but i don't understand for now, how to code in nml a snow aware graphic. Another thing i want to do it's to make them road aware too for some inner city building (like in swedish house set).
A lot of work to do, but i have lot of inspiration with all this stuff =>
House_ressources.png
I see you've re-used some of Zimmlocks buildings in there. Don't forget to credit him where it's due.
Last known as: Weirdy
User avatar
Chataigne
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 16
Joined: 20 Apr 2018 08:01
Location: Lyon, France

Re: European Building Set

Post by Chataigne »

SkeedR wrote: 21 Jul 2020 19:43
Chataigne wrote: 21 Jul 2020 08:10 I will follow your advice and I will leave the possibility to use them in each climate. I hope, i manage to make graphic for the snow, but i don't understand for now, how to code in nml a snow aware graphic. Another thing i want to do it's to make them road aware too for some inner city building (like in swedish house set).
A lot of work to do, but i have lot of inspiration with all this stuff =>
House_ressources.png
I see you've re-used some of Zimmlocks buildings in there. Don't forget to credit him where it's due.
Chataigne wrote: 20 Jul 2020 14:10 I started to make for myself a grf with some graphic i like, based on work of other people (you can see it on the the screenshot competition).
Infortunately, a lot of graphic were not on public licence. But i decided to work on some stuff made by me.
As i say, this is source of "inspiration" coming from other people, but now i try to make some new building. I know how sensitive the subject of user rights is and I prefer not to directly reuse buildings made by others even if I am given the right by citing the author.
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor
Posts: 449
Joined: 15 Jun 2007 09:27
Skype: madchimiste
Location: Berlin, Deutschland

Re: European Building Set

Post by arikover »

Looks really nice!
User avatar
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Posts: 763
Joined: 25 May 2007 16:31
Location: Sweden

Re: European Building Set

Post by Irwe »

Nice work! If you ever need some inspiration of just want to use my sprites they are free for the taking.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8hBGJ ... NvX0k/view
Swedish Houses Version 1.1 Released
Swedish Road Vehicles Work in Progress
User avatar
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 2253
Joined: 11 Jul 2004 14:55
Location: West Midlands
Contact:

Re: European Building Set

Post by SkeedR »

Chataigne wrote: 22 Jul 2020 08:14
SkeedR wrote: 21 Jul 2020 19:43
Chataigne wrote: 21 Jul 2020 08:10 I will follow your advice and I will leave the possibility to use them in each climate. I hope, i manage to make graphic for the snow, but i don't understand for now, how to code in nml a snow aware graphic. Another thing i want to do it's to make them road aware too for some inner city building (like in swedish house set).
A lot of work to do, but i have lot of inspiration with all this stuff =>
House_ressources.png
I see you've re-used some of Zimmlocks buildings in there. Don't forget to credit him where it's due.
Chataigne wrote: 20 Jul 2020 14:10 I started to make for myself a grf with some graphic i like, based on work of other people (you can see it on the the screenshot competition).
Infortunately, a lot of graphic were not on public licence. But i decided to work on some stuff made by me.
As i say, this is source of "inspiration" coming from other people, but now i try to make some new building. I know how sensitive the subject of user rights is and I prefer not to directly reuse buildings made by others even if I am given the right by citing the author.
The parts that I assume are your originals, are quite nice! Keep going and I look forward to seeing a full set :P
Last known as: Weirdy
User avatar
Chataigne
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 16
Joined: 20 Apr 2018 08:01
Location: Lyon, France

Re: European Building Set

Post by Chataigne »

I finish the 4 direction for the 1rst building and started the corner.
1rst building.png
1rst building.png (5.8 KiB) Viewed 1956 times
I was thinking that it's the holidays for children and in one month it will be the time to go back to school... but how going to school without a school in OTTD ? :P
House_305.png
House_305.png (3.19 KiB) Viewed 1956 times
gravelpit
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 69
Joined: 26 Feb 2015 14:49
Location: Poland

Re: European Building Set

Post by gravelpit »

Nice i cant wait :D :D for IT!
User avatar
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1894
Joined: 09 Oct 2011 13:51
Location: The Netherlands

Re: European Building Set

Post by Quast65 »

Chataigne wrote: 04 Aug 2020 07:48 I finish the 4 direction for the 1rst building and started the corner.
Very nice work!! :bow:

But... What if the roofs could link up, rather than have that gap?...
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
perverted monkey
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
Posts: 133
Joined: 02 Mar 2009 02:07

Re: European Building Set

Post by perverted monkey »

Amazing! Nice colour combination.
User avatar
fridaemon
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Posts: 275
Joined: 27 Oct 2019 21:06
Contact:

Re: European Building Set

Post by fridaemon »

How's it going? I plan a couple of skyscrapers for later years, when I draw them, you can use them :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image
Fridaemon's Objects: VERSION 1.2.1 OUT NOW
AN UPDATE COMES SOON!
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks 'n' Buses Parking Lots

Winner of the Screenshot of September 2020,
November 2020 and February 2021 :twisted:
Fraenklie
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 11
Joined: 01 Sep 2008 13:22

Re: European Building Set

Post by Fraenklie »

Hey Chataigne,

I made some buildungs a few jears ago that would fit into your building set. You can have them if you want them. I allready offererd them to the guy coding and drawing the TARS (Total Alpine Replacement Set). Just contact me.
User avatar
super_dan
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 9
Joined: 01 Jun 2015 14:25

Re: European Building Set

Post by super_dan »

Chataigne wrote: 22 Jul 2020 08:14
SkeedR wrote: 21 Jul 2020 19:43
Chataigne wrote: 21 Jul 2020 08:10 I will follow your advice and I will leave the possibility to use them in each climate. I hope, i manage to make graphic for the snow, but i don't understand for now, how to code in nml a snow aware graphic. Another thing i want to do it's to make them road aware too for some inner city building (like in swedish house set).
A lot of work to do, but i have lot of inspiration with all this stuff =>
House_ressources.png
I see you've re-used some of Zimmlocks buildings in there. Don't forget to credit him where it's due.
Chataigne wrote: 20 Jul 2020 14:10 I started to make for myself a grf with some graphic i like, based on work of other people (you can see it on the the screenshot competition).
Infortunately, a lot of graphic were not on public licence. But i decided to work on some stuff made by me.
As i say, this is source of "inspiration" coming from other people, but now i try to make some new building. I know how sensitive the subject of user rights is and I prefer not to directly reuse buildings made by others even if I am given the right by citing the author.
Despite your preference, I hope you will give credit to me for using the rear half of my building for your first creation. (see viewtopic.php?f=26&t=73137). Looking at your first post I also recognize the green building with the black roof as mine (which is, btw., the ugly first version of a building I've redrawn a couple of times by now).

As far as I'm concerned, you can keep on using the sprites. I just wanted to let you know that I will release a version of my set shortly which will contain said graphics. You'll then have the license to reuse them anyway. However, I don't want to see any messages accusing me of stealing what is originally drawn by myself afterwards. So I'll point this out here once.

Legal troubles aside, I like your work and if you change your mind on using others graphics or even want to collaborate on some bigger set, we possibly can figure out something. Just let me know.
User avatar
Chataigne
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 16
Joined: 20 Apr 2018 08:01
Location: Lyon, France

Re: European Building Set

Post by Chataigne »

Hi everybody,

There's a lot of time i don't post anything about my European Building Set. I think making this project all alone by myself is demotivating because i can't do all the thing i want to do for it. My thinking on this one has evolved. I spent lot of time on web maps to look at european city and searching for what is representative of european town. The first one i see is orange tiled roofs and that make me changed my mind about re-using stuff from other people. This why now i will not hesitate to recycle some building and credit people (of course) for their work. I update the first post to show you where i want to go and all people who want to collaborate by coding, drawing, translating or let me use their graphics are welcome to this project :D
Fraenklie wrote: 28 Feb 2021 22:11 Hey Chataigne,

I made some buildungs a few jears ago that would fit into your building set. You can have them if you want them. I allready offererd them to the guy coding and drawing the TARS (Total Alpine Replacement Set). Just contact me.
It could be great to implement your work with mine :)
fridaemon wrote: 28 Feb 2021 20:56 How's it going? I plan a couple of skyscrapers for later years, when I draw them, you can use them :)
For the moment i don't plan to make skycraper. But all your splendid work on commercial building can be wonderful... :P
super_dan wrote: 01 Mar 2021 18:43
Chataigne wrote: 22 Jul 2020 08:14
SkeedR wrote: 21 Jul 2020 19:43

I see you've re-used some of Zimmlocks buildings in there. Don't forget to credit him where it's due.
Chataigne wrote: 20 Jul 2020 14:10 I started to make for myself a grf with some graphic i like, based on work of other people (you can see it on the the screenshot competition).
Infortunately, a lot of graphic were not on public licence. But i decided to work on some stuff made by me.
As i say, this is source of "inspiration" coming from other people, but now i try to make some new building. I know how sensitive the subject of user rights is and I prefer not to directly reuse buildings made by others even if I am given the right by citing the author.
Despite your preference, I hope you will give credit to me for using the rear half of my building for your first creation. (see viewtopic.php?f=26&t=73137). Looking at your first post I also recognize the green building with the black roof as mine (which is, btw., the ugly first version of a building I've redrawn a couple of times by now).

As far as I'm concerned, you can keep on using the sprites. I just wanted to let you know that I will release a version of my set shortly which will contain said graphics. You'll then have the license to reuse them anyway. However, I don't want to see any messages accusing me of stealing what is originally drawn by myself afterwards. So I'll point this out here once.

Legal troubles aside, I like your work and if you change your mind on using others graphics or even want to collaborate on some bigger set, we possibly can figure out something. Just let me know.
The start is answering you on all the important point you mention :)
Post Reply

Return to “Graphics Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 9 guests