Auz Road Sets

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Auz Road Sets

Post by Emperor Jake »

These belts are looking great, but I think it would be more convenient if you had a universal vehicle to carry all bulk cargos. If you want I can give you code for recolour sprites that would automatically provide a unique load sprite for every FIRS cargo.

But regarding your issue specifically, what I do is list every cargo I don't want to refit to under cargo_disallow_refit instead of leaving it blank. It's a bit tedious because you have to find and define all the labels first but it works :wink:
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Emperor Jake wrote: 05 Aug 2020 04:24 These belts are looking great, but I think it would be more convenient if you had a universal vehicle to carry all bulk cargos. If you want I can give you code for recolour sprites that would automatically provide a unique load sprite for every FIRS cargo
I wasn't planning for all cargos, but that might be ok the way to go .. using all labels from FIRS might be good idea as there be new cargos there that might use conveyor belts too. Plus I have a few odd ones with my Industries as well.
Emperor Jake wrote: 05 Aug 2020 04:24 But regarding your issue specifically, what I do is list every cargo I don't want to refit to under cargo_disallow_refit instead of leaving it blank. It's a bit tedious because you have to find and define all the labels first but it works.
I tried putting in labels to cargos that particular cargo_mover didn't need, but still not worked. So maybe I need to included all labels available. Any help you can give be so much appreciated.

I just tried something different with all the labels in my sets, but still not work properly.
This source to what I just tried .. previous cargo and cargo_mover have been remmed.

Not getting much time to work on it at the moment as it my daughters 16th birthday so she keeping me busy. Hope after diner I get time to sit here and try some more ideas.
Cheers pal, and thank for coming to my rescue.

EDIT: I removed the newgrf file as either this one or another had some problems so try remove all old versions. Go to page 3 for latest.
Last edited by GarryG on 10 Aug 2020 00:55, edited 1 time in total.
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

While my daughter is busy with some of her friends, I had another go with the conveyor belts.

Looks like what Emperor Jack told me works.

There are 5 Cargo Movers. (I called them cargo movers as not sure what else to call them) .. maybe I could call them conveyor belts.
Conveyor Belts 8.png
Conveyor Belts 8.png (21.97 KiB) Viewed 7046 times
* Cargo Mover for Coal .. It suppose to refit for Coal and for Coke, but coke not showing available.

* Cargo Mover for Iron Ore .. suppose to carry Iron Ore, Copper Ore, and Bauxite. But only showing Iron Ore.

* Cargo Mover for Sand .. suppose to carry Sand and Gravel, but only showing Sand.

* Cargo Mover for Grain .. carry Grain, Wheat, Maiz and Cereal .. but only showing Grain and Wheat.

* Cargo Mover for Clay .. to carry Clay, Lime, Uranium and Waste .. but only Clay available.

After writing all about the 5 Cargo Movers it told me what the problem is :roll: The problem those cargos are not available is because my industries don't produce them. Silly me took all this time to realize what was wrong.

Those who use these with FIRS or another Industry some of those cargos should be available.

So question now is .. what else could be added to these Cargo Movers to be conveyed on a Conveyor Belt :?: :idea: :idea:

Here the game file and new source file to show what changes I made.

EDIT: I removed the newgrf file due to some error with cargos being out of alignment. Newer version is on Page 3.
Attachments
AuzconveybeltsSource5thAug2020.rar
(655.37 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Last edited by GarryG on 10 Aug 2020 00:56, edited 1 time in total.
Soot Happens
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Salt , Nitrates , Sulphur , Fish - Seafood - Food, Packages - Goods , Mail ..... Is what I'm thinking .
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Yeah I think everything not liquid (for that we have pipes) or alive ;-)
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

piratescooby wrote: 05 Aug 2020 15:29 Salt , Nitrates , Sulphur , Fish - Seafood - Food, Packages - Goods , Mail ..... Is what I'm thinking .
Ok I make a few more cargo movers to carry over items. .. For some of those items see if I can make some thing a bit like what Andrew350 did for his Conveyer System. Probably the crates from Chips set might do the trick .. if make the cheap to purchase and have a low capacity.
Quast65 wrote: 05 Aug 2020 16:10 Yeah I think everything not liquid (for that we have pipes) or alive
Almost every thing that is not screwed down :D Maybe for the novelty might be able to have the old 44 gallon (200 litre drums).

Can we let kids ride on them :D

EDIT (for got to mention): This image of a conveyor belt not far from where I live in Australia. The roads not let me put the roof on it, but like to see if I can make a set with this design. To add a roof, I probably make some over lap objects to place along side it.
Attachments
Coalconveyorbelt.png
Coalconveyorbelt.png (424.62 KiB) Viewed 6948 times
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Although it was not in my original plans for the conveyor belts, I ended up adding some crates and drums to carry other cargo.

These are those travelling on the belts.
Conveyor Belts 9.png
Conveyor Belts 9.png (50.1 KiB) Viewed 6894 times
They cheap to buy just $666 (not sure what that is in other countries currency).

There are 2 conveyor belt the one due in 1892 only travels at 16 km/h or 10 MPH.

The belt that due in 1950 a wee bit faster at 40 km/h or 25 MPH.

At moment crates and drums have a 5 tons/tonnes capacity but wonder if they could be less or maybe a bit more?

Still got timbers, logs, steel and some other long cargos to do. But I suppose can let you try what I done to date so you can let me know if a few changes might be needed.

EDIT: I removed the newgrf file due to some error with cargos being out of alignment. Newer version is on Page 3.
Last edited by GarryG on 10 Aug 2020 00:57, edited 1 time in total.
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

This is how logs look on the conveyor belts .. might look good sending logs to the sawmill.
Attachments
Logging.png
Logging.png (54.73 KiB) Viewed 6836 times
Soot Happens
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

The logs look great! I'll need to try your conveyors in my next game. Do they work with bridges?

I wonder how best to implement driving logs on a river, with men standing atop the logs to prevent jams. Ships or Krumelchen's WWAY roads might work. There were often kitchen rafts following the drive to feed the workers; perhaps this could be the empty vehicle for the upstream journey.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

2TallTyler wrote: 06 Aug 2020 15:24 The logs look great! I'll need to try your conveyors in my next game. Do they work with bridges?

I wonder how best to implement driving logs on a river, with men standing atop the logs to prevent jams. Ships or Krumelchen's WWAY roads might work. There were often kitchen rafts following the drive to feed the workers; perhaps this could be the empty vehicle for the upstream journey.
Several years ago some version of FISH had a simulated log run as a ship. I believe it was even articulated.

Or I might be imagining it. I dunno. But as both a ship and WWAY vehicle would be cool.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

2TallTyler wrote: 06 Aug 2020 15:24 The logs look great! I'll need to try your conveyors in my next game. Do they work with bridges?
The belts cross bridges okay, it just finding a good bridge that looks good. From my bridge set the culvert seems to be best as it has the hand rails to stop people who inspect the belts falling off. Might be something better in other sets.
Logging 1.png
Logging 1.png (69.01 KiB) Viewed 6736 times
2TallTyler wrote: 06 Aug 2020 15:24 I wonder how best to implement driving logs on a river, with men standing atop the logs to prevent jams. Ships or Krumelchen's WWAY roads might work. There were often kitchen rafts following the drive to feed the workers; perhaps this could be the empty vehicle for the upstream journey.
The image shows some logs on one belt and the other belt shows so bark where logs had been. I think that best way to do the empty returns. But how to do that for rivers not sure. The men who rode the logs need to go back up river so maybe a canoe or the raft idea with 1 or 2 men in it. ?
kamnet wrote: 06 Aug 2020 15:54 Several years ago some version of FISH had a simulated log run as a ship. I believe it was even articulated.
I think you is right but thought it had a barge pulling or pushing the logs. In Redfish there is the Pine Island Log Tug.

See if can get the conveyor belts with the logs, timber and steel available for the weekend.

Cheers
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

I think the Conveyor Belts are ok to use in game. Probably add a few more items to it later, mainly object pieces to load and unload the cargos.
This image shows some of the cargo movers and a few object pieces to load raw material such as coal and ore.
Conveyor Belts 10.png
Conveyor Belts 10.png (64 KiB) Viewed 6702 times
The 2 brown things on the conveyor belt just to right of the redish/brown crate are empty pallets .. one if for timber and the other is for steel products.

When loaded they will look like this.
Pallets.png
Pallets.png (1015 Bytes) Viewed 6702 times
The crates, drums, logs, timber pallet, and steel pallet courtesy of the CHIP set and the raw material loaders are courtesy of the ISR sets.

Although I designed these to go with my Auz Freight Stations they should also work well with other sets.

I still using the GUIs from the Original Conveyor Belts made by Andrew350. Whether I stick to his GUIs as they stand out and easy to see in the road menu and normally they be at the bottom of the road list. Or maybe I should make my own GUIs .. not sure yet.

All the cargo movers will carry almost all cargos .. I left out the livestock, passengers, tourists and the Yeti.

Next for this set going to try and make a set of coal skiff tracks to use in mines. The object set I did are a bit wider then normal tram tracks which is deliberate so look better entering the mines.

Enjoy.

EDIT: Forgot to mention these can be used in Toyland as well as they coded to carry Toyland cargos as well so hope kids will like.

Last edited by GarryG on 10 Aug 2020 00:57, edited 1 time in total.
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Trying something a bit different and so it don't interfer if your using the previous one I renamed it and have it a new ID so they both can be used together if any one likes to compare which could be the better.

Did some research on conveyor belt speeds and they say average speed is around 9 km/h or about 5 mph.

As much as I like to make the belts that speed for realism, we can not have a continuous flow of cargoes going along the belts.

So I set some parameters .. you will have a choice of 3 speeds .. default default 10mph/15kmh, Easy 20mph/30kmh and Easiest 40mph/60kmh. (Let me know if this idea should remain or be removed)

Also removed the date belts become available and added some new belts.

There are now 3 types of belts.
Conveyor Belts 11.png
Conveyor Belts 11.png (41.07 KiB) Viewed 6620 times
On Left: The one used for coal and other minerals. Middle: Default ground tiles. Right: Concrete ground tiles. The concrete looks a bit odd being wider at the back, but for now I will leave it like that as it looks better when used in industries other then mining.
Yesterday I designed a Waregouse to use with the conveyor belt and the belt with stone and spilled coal looked odd, that why I did the 2 new conveyor belts.
Conveyor Belts 12.png
Conveyor Belts 12.png (58.61 KiB) Viewed 6620 times
The conveyor belt does not go through the buidling like it looks in image. But hope to add more to the building so can actually do that.

Last edited by GarryG on 10 Aug 2020 00:58, edited 1 time in total.
Soot Happens
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

GarryG wrote: 08 Aug 2020 12:05 Trying something a bit different and so it don't interfer if your using the previous one I renamed it and have it a new ID so they both can be used together if any one likes to compare which could be the better.

Did some research on conveyor belt speeds and they say average speed is around 9 km/h or about 5 mph.

As much as I like to make the belts that speed for realism, we can not have a continuous flow of cargoes going along the belts.

So I set some parameters .. you will have a choice of 3 speeds .. default default 10mph/15kmh, Easy 20mph/30kmh and Easiest 40mph/60kmh. (Let me know if this idea should remain or be removed)

Also removed the date belts become available and added some new belts.

There are now 3 types of belts.
Conveyor Belts 11.png
On Left: The one used for coal and other minerals. Middle: Default ground tiles. Right: Concrete ground tiles. The concrete looks a bit odd being wider at the back, but for now I will leave it like that as it looks better when used in industries other then mining.
Yesterday I designed a Waregouse to use with the conveyor belt and the belt with stone and spilled coal looked odd, that why I did the 2 new conveyor belts.
Conveyor Belts 12.png
The conveyor belt does not go through the buidling like it looks in image. But hope to add more to the building so can actually do that.
Can you make the "vehicles" have a top speed of 80 mph? That way if I load your GRF before Andrew's conveyor GRF, your vehicles will be compatible with the "lightning" belt.

I also noticed the alignment between your conveyor cargo and your conveyor belts could be improved, and I'd be willing to give you some help with that if you want it.
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Gadg8eer wrote: 08 Aug 2020 20:25 Can you make the "vehicles" have a top speed of 80 mph? That way if I load your GRF before Andrew's conveyor GRF, your vehicles will be compatible with the "lightning" belt.
Thanks for your comments.

When I made these belts they wasn't intended to be compatible with Andrew's belts .. I originally had my own road code, but when I was having the issues with cargos I used his setting to try sort my problem and forgot to change them back.

So a question for others .. would you like them to stay compatible with Andrews set so they can be used together?

I added another difficult level to the "Set Parameters" Now have 4. The previous 3 plus "Very Easy" which has the 80 mph/120 kmh speed.
Gadg8eer wrote: 08 Aug 2020 20:25 I also noticed the alignment between your conveyor cargo and your conveyor belts could be improved, and I'd be willing to give you some help with that if you want it.
Which cargo mover you found that not align properly? I thought they all was ok. As easy to fix here if know which one.

But if you and other like to play around with the source and play the game with the higher speeds here the update GRF and the source.

Cheers all

Attachments
AuzconveybeltsSource9thAug2020.rar
(613.06 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Last edited by GarryG on 10 Aug 2020 00:58, edited 1 time in total.
Soot Happens
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

There's no reason to be "compatible" with Andrew's belts. Different goals entirely. If you're already using Andrew's roads, you don't need a duplicate set.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

kamnet wrote: 09 Aug 2020 02:03 There's no reason to be "compatible" with Andrew's belts. Different goals entirely. If you're already using Andrew's roads, you don't need a duplicate set.
True .. as that wasn't my intentions to have them compatible .. just forgot to change from some of his codes to what I had intended.
Soot Happens
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

GarryG wrote: 09 Aug 2020 02:54
kamnet wrote: 09 Aug 2020 02:03 There's no reason to be "compatible" with Andrew's belts. Different goals entirely. If you're already using Andrew's roads, you don't need a duplicate set.
True .. as that wasn't my intentions to have them compatible .. just forgot to change from some of his codes to what I had intended.
Sorry, when I said "compatible" I meant in terms of how the GRFs behave, not that you can't use the GRFs together.

As for the alignment issues, I would run a test vehicle of every type on a test road with no cargo. They do not match up well with the narrow conveyor belts.
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

I checked the empty timber and steel carriers and they all align correctly ..
Conveyor Belts 13.png
Conveyor Belts 13.png (24.41 KiB) Viewed 6399 times

They meant to be inside the brown edges and all the above are correct, at least by my eyes. The pallets are a pixel high so should align with the far edge of belt.

The first five Cargo Movers for Coal, Iron ore, sand, grain and Clay are meant to be inside the brown edges both sides as these are flat cargos. Not sure if I should heap these yet.

I retested all the templates and none of them seem to be out of position.

The ones with Andrew's conveyor belts might not align with these.

Could you do me a favor and do a screenshot of where you think they are out of alignment.

I will test some more in game tonight by doing some loaded tests.

Cheers
Soot Happens
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

GarryG wrote: 09 Aug 2020 09:20 I checked the empty timber and steel carriers and they all align correctly ..
Conveyor Belts 13.png

They meant to be inside the brown edges and all the above are correct, at least by my eyes. The pallets are a pixel high so should align with the far edge of belt.

The first five Cargo Movers for Coal, Iron ore, sand, grain and Clay are meant to be inside the brown edges both sides as these are flat cargos. Not sure if I should heap these yet.

I retested all the templates and none of them seem to be out of position.

The ones with Andrew's conveyor belts might not align with these.

Could you do me a favor and do a screenshot of where you think they are out of alignment.

I will test some more in game tonight by doing some loaded tests.

Cheers
You must be using a different NewGRFthan the one you uploaded, because the vehicles are not aligned with the conveyor belts in the version I'm using, but look fine in the version you posted a screenshot of.
Attachments
Nelson & Co., 01_01_2200.png
Nelson & Co., 01_01_2200.png (35.81 KiB) Viewed 6354 times
Nelson & Co., 01_02_2200.png
Nelson & Co., 01_02_2200.png (35.48 KiB) Viewed 6347 times

Return to “Graphics Development”