Timberwolf's UK.... trains?

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

PEPSprinterPacer
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Timberwolf's UK.... trains?

Post by PEPSprinterPacer »

:D I see a 185 :) :bow: :bow: :shock:
Only ever been on 2 185's and 144 023!
viewtopic.php?t=87546 a screenshot thread of mobile pictures!
tgregson
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tgregson »

I've found a (small) bug, when playing with FIRS steel town economy open wagons lack sprites for paints and coatings when loaded (see attached).

I like the approach your taking to the experimental designs the short life time defiantly makes me want to either replace them or have to watch my profitability decrease (made worse by playing with purchase costs X8 and running costs x4). I think you could take it further by giving everything that's prototype or lesser used a 1.5x multiplier on purchase costs and running costs and making all life times less than 10 years.
Attachments
Paint and coating sprite lacking.JPG
Paint and coating sprite lacking.JPG (183.02 KiB) Viewed 1560 times
Dave

Post by Dave »

Now then :!:

How have I missed this? Outstanding stuff
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Timberwolf
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Timberwolf »

Blimey, you're back in town! I must admit, at a few points in development I did think "Dave would have loved this"...

Paints and coatings, mea culpa. I didn't realise they could be a bulk cargo (either that or the later open wagons have a weird refit structure I've forgotten about). Should be an easy fix though.
agnott
Engineer
Engineer

Post by agnott »

Totally into the realms of eye candy here I admit, but a snow plough would be cool to drop on the front of arctic world trains chugging through the white stuff!
Timberwolf
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Timberwolf »

New releases live on BaNaNaS, early wagons supported taking liquid cargo in barrels but paints and coatings was missing from the list of things to provide barrel sprites for, now fixed. I also added a little something in the 1860s in the addon set...

Snowploughs... hmm. I need a gameplay mechanic, even if not a totally realistic one. Possibly something as simple and dumb as giving a big tractive effort boost if it's the first thing in a consist, at the cost of maximum speed? (Not sure if callbacks update at the right moment for this to be possible only in snow, needs playing around with)
Electricfox
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Electricfox »

Timberwolf wrote: 19 Feb 2021 18:16 New releases live on BaNaNaS, early wagons supported taking liquid cargo in barrels but paints and coatings was missing from the list of things to provide barrel sprites for, now fixed. I also added a little something in the 1860s in the addon set...

Snowploughs... hmm. I need a gameplay mechanic, even if not a totally realistic one. Possibly something as simple and dumb as giving a big tractive effort boost if it's the first thing in a consist, at the cost of maximum speed? (Not sure if callbacks update at the right moment for this to be possible only in snow, needs playing around with)
Nice little addon to the 1860s, lovely little engines.
Rezot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rezot »

Electricfox wrote: 20 Feb 2021 21:32
Timberwolf wrote: 19 Feb 2021 18:16 New releases live on BaNaNaS, early wagons supported taking liquid cargo in barrels but paints and coatings was missing from the list of things to provide barrel sprites for, now fixed. I also added a little something in the 1860s in the addon set...

Nice little addon to the 1860s, lovely little engines.
Seconded! Filling the niche perfectly- trains too long range for early tank engines, but too minor for Singles/Spinners. :-) Thanks!
"Their is much pleasure to be gained from useless infomation"
agnott
Engineer
Engineer

Post by agnott »

Timberwolf wrote: 19 Feb 2021 18:16 Snowploughs... hmm. I need a gameplay mechanic, even if not a totally realistic one. Possibly something as simple and dumb as giving a big tractive effort boost if it's the first thing in a consist, at the cost of maximum speed? (Not sure if callbacks update at the right moment for this to be possible only in snow, needs playing around with)
The traction boost wold encourage sending heavy freight trains over the mountains rather than just tunnelling or cutting through. Could they use the 'Class 20' mechanism for facing outwards on both ends?
agnott
Engineer
Engineer

Post by agnott »

Talking of the Class 20, if you top and tail them around a single waggon they don't orient properly - both face the same direction with cabs forwards.
Timberwolf
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Timberwolf »

The double heading logic for the class 20 was originally designed around them only being at the front of the train, however I've been meaning to go back in to the double head switches for a while as the HST being reversed until you build the rest of the consist was annoying me. Turns out it's possible to add an extra layer to the type of switch used by the Class 20 so when it's the last vehicle in a consist, it displays reversed for the rarer "top and tail" arrangement.

I should also mention there have been some recent improvements to alignment of 10/8 and 11/8 length vehicles in partial turn states - there are still some limitations with sprites being shared with 2 directional transitions meaning each has to be a compromise alignment-wise, but instances of the 1920s passenger carriages popping out of their consist in turns should be much reduced.
agnott
Engineer
Engineer

Post by agnott »

Back with more invisible cargos! FIRS (4.4.8 beta-8 ) fertiliser on bogie wagons is not showing up.
Timberwolf
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Timberwolf »

At some point I should put in a default "fallback" sprite to allow for cargo which doesn't have an explicit recolour, although for now it's quite useful having an obvious failure mode for the gaps in coverage so I find out when something's missing.

Both sets updated to handle fertiliser in bulk and crate form. I also added the Class 88 to the main set, which I've been meaning to do for a while, and fixed some bugs with bulk cargo not displaying correctly in long wagons.

agnott
Engineer
Engineer

Post by agnott »

Thank you, I'll grab the latest today! :bow: :bow:
PEPSprinterPacer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PEPSprinterPacer »

Ooh! A late game freight engine that isn't in transpennine livery :) ;) :bow:
Only ever been on 2 185's and 144 023!
viewtopic.php?t=87546 a screenshot thread of mobile pictures!
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

Hi Timberwolf

Just about to bring in HST but high speed carriage has disappeared :cry:
No idea when it disappeared.
Sacro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sacro »

mak wrote: 25 Mar 2021 11:28 Hi Timberwolf

HSTs don't use high speed carriages, they ran with BR Mk3s
We Am De Best

Host of ThroughTheTube site
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

Sacro wrote: 25 Mar 2021 11:52
mak wrote: 25 Mar 2021 11:28 Hi Timberwolf

HSTs don't use high speed carriages, they ran with BR Mk3s
Yes but the BR Mk3s are not there either. although the HST is, can run with Mk2s but speed is limited to 110mph
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

Forget it just fast forwarded and I had the HST when it was experimental a year before it was 'normaly' avaialable, when it (HST) became available the BR Mk3 appeared.
Just me trying to get the HST early :(
Sacro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sacro »

mak wrote: 25 Mar 2021 15:04 Forget it just fast forwarded and I had the HST when it was experimental a year before it was 'normaly' avaialable, when it (HST) became available the BR Mk3 appeared.
Just me trying to get the HST early :(
I wonder if that's something that can be fixed, the MK3s were built alongside the prototype HST, they should both be available together.
We Am De Best

Host of ThroughTheTube site

Return to “Graphics Development”