Timberwolf's UK.... trains?

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

agnott
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Timberwolf's UK.... trains?

Post by agnott »

On trains v1.2.6 and using FIRS 4.0.0 beta 4, chemicals on bogie bolsters or salmons don't show up, the trucks just appear empty.
Timberwolf
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Timberwolf »

Oops... I failed to notice that chemicals could also be a piece good cargo. 1.2.7 uploaded which fixes this problem, improves the crate sprites generally and also has some roof detail improvements to the Class 37.
OKIMODO
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OKIMODO »

hey there I am very impressed with your uk rail set, its definitely the best in my eyes. I was wondering if you plan to add more 25kv ac multiple units like the class 309 or 357?
agnott
Engineer
Engineer

Post by agnott »

Timberwolf wrote: 05 Jan 2021 20:37 Oops... I failed to notice that chemicals could also be a piece good cargo. 1.2.7 uploaded which fixes this problem, improves the crate sprites generally and also has some roof detail improvements to the Class 37.
Nice one, thanks! :bow: :bow:
agnott
Engineer
Engineer

Post by agnott »

Sorry, me again. Same problem as with Chemicals but with Fruit (unless you already fixed it - I think I still have the previous version running).
Timberwolf
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Timberwolf »

Nope, I only updated chemicals - same problem, there are sprites for it as a bulk cargo but no information giving it a recolourable crate for the "piece goods on a bolster" case.
Timberwolf
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Timberwolf »

Since no other cargos with the same problem have been uncovered, I've uploaded 1.2.8 which also fixes the same problem for FRUT.
Timberwolf
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Timberwolf »

I added some new features to GoRender this weekend, with the aim of improving how small details are handled. So there's a new update 1.3.0, which doesn't add anything major but features subtle improvements to almost every sprite in the set. Example of the updates below:

This also fixes a bug I noticed a little while ago where bulk cargo in long vehicles would always appear as coal in the front and rear sections, due to a missing recolour specification.

Incidentally, the main driver for the GoRender updates was improving the quality of the 1x zoom sprites, which have always been a little on the "indistinct mess of pixels" side when the objects are optimised toward appearing chunky and detailed at 2x. I think I'm going to declare "moderate success" there:

(As ever, there are improvements to be made but I'm getting closer to my goal of GoRender output looking more like pixel art than rendered 3D models, voxel or otherwise)
President
President

Post by WWW »

Class 395 should probably be dual-voltage, but isn't in 1.3.0.

I'd also dispute it's award of the 10% long distance travel bonus but that's only because I once had to commute on the damn things and lordy they're uncomfortable, but that might be a matter of opinion.
Timberwolf
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Timberwolf »

Fixed... the dual voltage at least. I couldn't find good figures for what the power on third rail is (it's usually less for these high powered dual voltage units) so put in something that seemed about right.

The comfort stays the same, my reference point was warped by too much time on the 3x2 format Desiros which assume anybody who gets on them doesn't have arms.

There are also some further sprite rendering improvements, a little more detail in places and slightly fewer pixels out of place.
agnott
Engineer
Engineer

Post by agnott »

Could you make the DVT non-electrified so it can run with diesel haulage / on non-electrified lines? (Or add a MK3 DVT for the purpose?!) Thank you for considering!

Return to “Graphics Development”