[WIP] Saturn V Rocket

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Andrew350
Chairman
Chairman

[WIP] Saturn V Rocket

Post by Andrew350 »

Hi all :)

In addition to OpenTTD, one of my great interests is in all things space-related. Physics, cosmology, and of course rocketry are some of my favorite things to dive into when I get bored. So of course this year being the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing, I've been having some fun lately drawing a pixel art Saturn V rocket, because....why not? :lol:
Released under CC-BY license. Basically just give me credit, otherwise do as you wish with it :)
Released under CC-BY license. Basically just give me credit, otherwise do as you wish with it :)
saturn_v_preview.png (2.12 KiB) Viewed 1325 times
The plan was to eventually draw the crawler transporter and tower structure as well, and possibly more spaceport stuff for some eyecandy. But since my main focus is the rocket itself I thought I might post it here now in the (likely) event I don't finish the rest in a timely manner.

I compiled it into a simple NewGRF which makes it buildable as an object; just be aware that because of its height, the top of it will sometimes flicker or disappear. I tried to make the rocket (mostly) proportionately correct and as a result this bad boy tops out at just over 260 pixels tall. Needless to say it pretty much dwarfs everything else in the game, and yet it still looks pretty close to scale with everything else (that's just how big it is!).

So anyway, it's just kind of a fun thing to plop down somewhere, and its a fun way to memorialize one of the greatest machines mankind has ever built. I mean, if your transport company has a Saturn V at its disposal, you pretty much win everything ;)

Hope you like it :)
Attachments
saturnv.grf
(3.18 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [WIP] Saturn V Rocket

Post by Wahazar »

Andrew350 wrote: I mean, if your transport company has a Saturn V at its disposal, you pretty much win everything ;)
Especially if you are the first player which reach Alpha Centauri :)
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.

Return to “Graphics Development”