CZTR Houses - Townhouses orientation, cargo generation and general questions

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Zley_Muffle
Engineer
Engineer

CZTR Houses - Townhouses orientation, cargo generation and general questions

Post by Zley_Muffle »

Hi guys, I have few questions about houses - some are general for confirmation, some with precise purpose. Thanx for answering!

1) There is a possibility to match orientation of town house so that it is facing desired direction (towards a road for example). I know the basic principle - house is animated, trigger checks for roads on nearby tiles and stops animation on right frame so the house faces the road as wanted. Sadly my greatest skill (partly joking) in NML is ctrl+c and ctrl+v, so I am stuck because only piece of code I have found on this was in NFO or M4NFO and that is way beyond my comprehension. I would appreciate any insight :bow:

2) Regarding the production of houses in town (or anything) I need to confirm some things. Here is example of code I am using:

Code: Select all

switch(FEAT_HOUSES, SELF,production_HIST_VILA_1_1_switch, getbits(extra_callback_info1, 0, 8)) {
  0: return (PASS * 256) + 3;
  1: return (MAIL * 256) + 2;
  2: return (RCYC * 256) + 1;
  return CB_RESULT_HOUSE_NO_MORE_PRODUCTION;
}
a) Because there are 8-9 production cycles per month, this means that any quantity produced monthly is divisible by 8 or 9, so the least amount of cargo produced if any is 8 pieces (or tonnes or whatever)?
b) All three defined cargos are produced each cycle, that means this house will produce 24-27 PASS, 16-18 MAIL and 8-9 RCYC per month, right?
c) Can I change the interval between cycles? For example I would like to have Church in the set that produces substantial amount of PASS every week (assuming it is Sunday), meaning I need to have only 4 cycles per month, not 8. So far I have tried changing the "number of itinerations" from 8 to 4 (nothing happened over few months at least according to Town info window) or the number of ticks from 256 to 512 - and the house started producing enormous amounts of... GOODS! :shock: Can anybody explain if it is possible and can anybody explain WHY GOODS? (well it was really funny though :D )

3) Is it possible to use IDs from other climates than TEMPERATE? I would like to have more large buildings (2x2) than three classes (2 stadiums and one shopping mall). I believe it should be possible, just asking for confirmation 8)

Thanks for anwers :)
nirasa
Engineer
Engineer

Re: CZTR Houses - Townhouses orientation, cargo generation and general questions

Post by nirasa »

Škoda, že neumím tohleto programovat :-( Moc ráda bych pomohla.
Co můžu - fandit vám, že jste se do toho projektu pustil...
Díky
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/nirasa/videos Czech language. :D

Return to “Graphics Development”