Original Transport Tycoon graphics

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kri1219
Engineer
Engineer

Original Transport Tycoon graphics

Post by kri1219 »

Hi!
Where i can download the original graphics for OPENTTD? I not find in the game... Thank you!
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Original Transport Tycoon graphics

Post by Yoshi »

You may import them from your TTD-CD.
kri1219
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kri1219 »

I no have CD. I dowload the game from the internet
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
kri1219 wrote:I no have CD. I dowload the game from the internet
Then you can't use the original graphics. The graphics are copyrighted and you have to have a valid license to use them. To have a valid license you have to buy (or to have bought) the original game.

Tschö, Auge
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

This being said, you can still have most of the original graphics. Jezulkim has made a NewGRF out of it.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

acs121 wrote:This being said, you can still have most of the original graphics. Jezulkim has made a NewGRF out of it.
Which doesn't change a thing about the fact that these graphics are copyrighted material.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Hyronymus wrote:
acs121 wrote:This being said, you can still have most of the original graphics. Jezulkim has made a NewGRF out of it.
Which doesn't change a thing about the fact that these graphics are copyrighted material.
I never said it did. In fact, Jezulkim had the authorisation.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

acs121 wrote:
Hyronymus wrote:
I never said it did. In fact, Jezulkim had the authorisation.
You're both wrong. Jezulkim made TTO graphics and they can be used, but that was a long time ago when nobody cared about licenses or copyrights because TTDPatch was technically illegal. You can find them on GRFCrawler, and as for anything else...

AHEM!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3407
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.

Return to “Graphics Development”