Coding station graphics

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Saskia
Director
Director

Post by Saskia »

Not yet
Bernhard
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bernhard »

Saskia wrote:Cool, can you send me the pcx? I'll try something new* :)

* not even used by MB so far :wink:
yes, of course. But you must wait till this evening (8:00 pm), because i have the pcx only at home.

edit: at the Platforms with \ -direction are Moms/Daddys with buggy!
If someone is wondering........
ChrisCF
Transport Empire Developer

Post by ChrisCF »

Saskia, would you like to join the new stations project that was recently launched? every extra resource is appreciated :)
Saskia
Director
Director

Post by Saskia »

@Bernhard: ok, thanks!

@ChrisCF: Hm ... I don't like the idea of a "collected stations" package. I would rather join a specific project, that says "ten suburban stations" (or whatever). Besides that, I'm still with my small passenger stations and cargo stations :wink: In any case: I could help you with coding, and supply you with some sprites.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

There are some old-style stations under development in the US set thread, for inclusion in it.

I like the overpasses, but I don't think most stations would have two. They're expensive, one's enough unless it's a really long platform.

I like the idea of including people, it makes the platform look better.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Me too,

love the ones with the people on it....

Keep up the good work...
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
Bernhard
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bernhard »

here are the files, as zip and rar
Attachments
bhf.rar
(6.76 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
bhf.zip
(6.88 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
ChrisCF

Post by ChrisCF »

Saskia wrote:Hm ... I don't like the idea of a "collected stations" package. I would rather join a specific project
It is a specific project - it deals specifically with more stations :P

Seriously, it would be a shame to divide the audience here, and further down the line I hope to get PNS listed on the main Patch page. Though, for now, I might be looking for some casual help with .nfo surgery, and I'll announce in the project topic when I work on that. First, I need to work out what the existing one means, which I'll eventually be publishing on the Web somewhere.

Good luck anyway
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

it would be nice if ya could only make the passengers apperear when station got passengers waiting at it..
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Yes it would be, but as far as I know that's impossible.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Oracle
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Oracle »

You should be able to make the people only appear when there are lots of them waiting, I think. And you might even be able to decide how many "lots" is if you're lucky.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

If it could be done, that would be just awesome. If there's more than, say, 500 people waiting, then the platforms are just jammed full, and you can see them thin out when a train arrives for them. Cool! Any idea how to code that?
Louie Armstrong
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Louie Armstrong »

well thinkin about it, surely it would be related to the small pictures in the station window, that show how much cargo is at a station cos the more passengers there are the more little pictures there are, its just a thought. Sorry if that doesnt make much sense

Official TT-Jewel Staite FanClub
Official TT-Ellen Page FanClub
Official TT-Hayley Williams FanClub
Official TT-generic yet cute emo woman FanClub
jonty-comp wrote:I accidentally wedged my frigate between some rocks. D:
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Of course this can be done. Just as with vehicles, action 2 for stations supports graphics that vary according to the amount of cargo waiting.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

This creates a whole new perspective on things. It'll be nice having a livestock station with more and more cows and sheep waiting in boxes, just to get picked up.

As soon as i have some time on my hands, i'll get on it.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Saskia
Director
Director

Post by Saskia »

Akalamanaia wrote:it would be nice if ya could only make the passengers apperear when station got passengers waiting at it..
Planned for tonight :)
Oracle
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Oracle »

Is it possible to get a non-building sprite to appear in the station construction window? I've got stations with no building sprite that make TTD crash when I go to build one if I don't set the building sprite to something. Or do I just have to set the building sprite to the platform sprite (as I'm doing at the moment)?
EDIT: Actually, if I set building = platform then I won't have to redefine the layout, so maybe it is worth doing after all :). But is there a way anyway?
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

You can use callback 14 for that, it applies to the construction window as well. You can also redefine the sprite layout for tile types 2 and 3 to not need a building sprite.
Oracle
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Oracle »

A rather-hopeful question: is there any way that snow or desert can be made to come onto station tiles if the station is in that area? It doesn't at the moment and I can't see any appropriate Action 2 properties to use.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Not automatically, no, I don't think so. I could however make a variable that allows you to draw the appropriate graphics yourself.

Return to “Graphics Development”