Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 6:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:33 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Egh... I tried to start a new game today, and there seems to be incompatibility between your GRF and Cars Cars GRF. I really can't tell why this is happening. I can give you the gamelog, i haven't done any NewGRF changes.

I struggle to tell what is blocking your GRF anyways. Tell me what's happening if you know.

My screenshots

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:36 pm 

acs121 wrote:
Egh... I tried to start a new game today, and there seems to be incompatibility between your GRF and Cars Cars GRF. I really can't tell why this is happening. I can give you the gamelog, i haven't done any NewGRF changes.

I struggle to tell what is blocking your GRF anyways. Tell me what's happening if you know.

Cars Cars intentionally disables RIS. An explanation as to why, and a replacement NewGRF, are posted at this link:
viewtopic.php?p=1213747#p1213747

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:13 pm 
Director
Director

kamnet wrote:
acs121 wrote:

Cars Cars intentionally disables RIS. An explanation as to why, and a replacement NewGRF, are posted at this link:
viewtopic.php?p=1213747#p1213747

Check here for a more recent version.

Attachments:
File comment: In case of Reddit being down or Mega getting raided by the FBI.
Cars_Cars-72.tar [2.14 MiB]
Downloaded 25 times

You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

I missed an episode then. And I don't think I regret it.

Honestly, even though i am a non-creator, i'm not going to quit the forums, neither will I insult anybody. But if the OpenTTD community gets to create NewGRFs, but to block other users for the sole reason that they "insulted" them, where the heck are going ? Do you want all the OpenTTD community to be doomed ? I mean, really...

If anybody here is thinking we could go any further with this kind of behaviour, please go from the forums for a few days. If anybody here is frustrated with online communities just go see a psychologist, take a break from the forums and come back to the forums when you think you can.

I'll be clear : i'm ending it here. No one should go any further than this. I do NOT want to offend anybody.

Now, let's get back to our respective works, and stop hating each other.

My screenshots

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:23 am 
Director
Director

Version 1.1 now available, take a look.

You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:58 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Nice work.

This will reduce the number of grf files one needs to import to get all those wonderful tracks graphics expert have created. I am loading some 4-5 grf files to get the combination shown in the image.

Attachments:
File comment: track types
Railtracks-OpenTTD 1.8.0.png [545.88 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:58 pm 
Director
Director

Having some trouble getting my tri-guage track to work. Posting my files here.

EDIT: Let me know if you need anything else.

Attachments:
File comment: The full code is too big, here's the part that isn't working right.
railtrack_600mm.pnml [3.42 KiB]
Downloaded 21 times
File comment: The railtype list.
railtype.pnml [550 Bytes]
Downloaded 16 times

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:54 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Just saying, but did you ask McZapkie for the IDs ? I'm not sure those are the right labels, although it seems to make sense.

My screenshots