RIS: Recycled Infrastructure Set (3.9 available on BaNaNaS!)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: RIS: Recycled Infrastructure Set (0.3 available!)

Post by acs121 »

Egh... I tried to start a new game today, and there seems to be incompatibility between your GRF and Cars Cars GRF. I really can't tell why this is happening. I can give you the gamelog, i haven't done any NewGRF changes.

I struggle to tell what is blocking your GRF anyways. Tell me what's happening if you know.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

acs121 wrote:Egh... I tried to start a new game today, and there seems to be incompatibility between your GRF and Cars Cars GRF. I really can't tell why this is happening. I can give you the gamelog, i haven't done any NewGRF changes.

I struggle to tell what is blocking your GRF anyways. Tell me what's happening if you know.
Cars Cars intentionally disables RIS. An explanation as to why, and a replacement NewGRF, are posted at this link:
viewtopic.php?p=1213747#p1213747
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

kamnet wrote:
acs121 wrote:Egh... I tried to start a new game today, and there seems to be incompatibility between your GRF and Cars Cars GRF. I really can't tell why this is happening. I can give you the gamelog, i haven't done any NewGRF changes.

Cars Cars intentionally disables RIS. An explanation as to why, and a replacement NewGRF, are posted at this link:
viewtopic.php?p=1213747#p1213747
Check here for a more recent version.
Attachments
Cars_Cars-72.tar
In case of Reddit being down or Mega getting raided by the FBI.
(2.14 MiB) Downloaded 124 times
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

I missed an episode then. And I don't think I regret it.

Honestly, even though i am a non-creator, i'm not going to quit the forums, neither will I insult anybody. But if the OpenTTD community gets to create NewGRFs, but to block other users for the sole reason that they "insulted" them, where the heck are going ? Do you want all the OpenTTD community to be doomed ? I mean, really...

If anybody here is thinking we could go any further with this kind of behaviour, please go from the forums for a few days. If anybody here is frustrated with online communities just go see a psychologist, take a break from the forums and come back to the forums when you think you can.

I'll be clear : i'm ending it here. No one should go any further than this. I do NOT want to offend anybody.

Now, let's get back to our respective works, and stop hating each other.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: RIS: Recycled Infrastructure Set (1.1 available!)

Post by SimYouLater »

Version 1.1 now available, take a look.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
goremaniac
Engineer
Engineer

Re: RIS: Recycled Infrastructure Set (1.1 available!)

Post by goremaniac »

Nice work.

This will reduce the number of grf files one needs to import to get all those wonderful tracks graphics expert have created. I am loading some 4-5 grf files to get the combination shown in the image.
Attachments
track types
track types
Railtracks-OpenTTD 1.8.0.png (545.88 KiB) Viewed 861 times
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: RIS: Recycled Infrastructure Set (1.4 available!)

Post by SimYouLater »

Having some trouble getting my tri-guage track to work. Posting my files here.

EDIT: Let me know if you need anything else.
Attachments
railtrack_600mm.pnml
The full code is too big, here's the part that isn't working right.
(3.42 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
railtype.pnml
The railtype list.
(550 Bytes) Downloaded 130 times
Licenses for my work...
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: RIS: Recycled Infrastructure Set (1.4 available!)

Post by acs121 »

Just saying, but did you ask McZapkie for the IDs ? I'm not sure those are the right labels, although it seems to make sense.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: RIS: Recycled Infrastructure Set (2.0 available!)

Post by SimYouLater »

I finally managed to put together a version for JGR's Patch Pack, which doesn't have Roadtypes as of this writing. If you want to use roadtypes, use version 2.0, as 2.2-jgr has the tram tracks.
Licenses for my work...
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: RIS: Recycled Infrastructure Set (2.0 available!)

Post by SimYouLater »

Updated the Legacy version to 2.6-jgr. You can now create underground utility lines, by connecting UTIL (Utility Poles) to SSAZ and SUAZ (undeground metro tracks).
Licenses for my work...
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: RIS: Recycled Infrastructure Set (2.8 available on BaNaNaS!)

Post by SimYouLater »

Updated the legacy version to 2.8, due to 2.7 displaying incorrect sprites for the triple gauge tracks.
Licenses for my work...
Kaoso
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kaoso »

Hi. I'm a new registered in forum, but I'm a really old user of OTTD.
I want to suggest if you could convert the Wires and Wired in selectable options, because when it starts often before the 1800's, there weren't any kind of electricity (it could be started in 1880, when electricity was commercially-oriented. Your work is cool, and sorry for my english, I'm not a native-speaker.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Try making overhead wires transparent and using lots of two-way signals (but only one train). It gives the illusion of semaphore telegraphs.

Other than that, I'll see what I can do.
Licenses for my work...
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: RIS: Recycled Infrastructure Set (3.3 available on BaNaNaS!)

Post by SimYouLater »

3.3 is now available. Please report bugs here!

EDIT: The underground power lines have a bug. I'm not sure what's wrong, but you can't run utility pole "vehicles" (telecom carriers and electricity transformers) on them.
Licenses for my work...
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: RIS: Recycled Infrastructure Set (3.3 available on BaNaNaS!)

Post by SimYouLater »

3.4 is now available. The bug with underground utility lines is fixed!

EDIT: 3.5 now available; Recycled railtypes now have more balanced costs.
Licenses for my work...
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: RIS: Recycled Infrastructure Set (3.7 available on BaNaNaS!)

Post by SimYouLater »

3.7 has fixed the issues with railtype compatibility. You should now be able to build underground tri-guage rail to create what amounts to curved tunnels or metro lines, which support all standard guage, meter guage and 600mm gauge trains.
Licenses for my work...
ignasigh
Engineer
Engineer

Re: RIS: Recycled Infrastructure Set (3.9 available on BaNaNaS!)

Post by ignasigh »

Hi

It seems that RIS 4.0 has any conflict with fishing grounds when FIRST is extreme. I don't know how, but only by removing this GRF I got the fishing grounds working again.
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

ignasigh wrote: 15 Feb 2020 20:54 Hi

It seems that RIS 4.0 has any conflict with fishing grounds when FIRST is extreme. I don't know how, but only by removing this GRF I got the fishing grounds working again.
This is no longer supported. I knew SimYouLater, but he left the community months ago. If you want to use a version of this which is still supported, I made the Recycled Track Set to fill in the void left by this set's demise.
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
ignasigh
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ignasigh »

Gadg8eer wrote: 16 Feb 2020 08:41

This is no longer supported. I knew SimYouLater, but he left the community months ago. If you want to use a version of this which is still supported, I made the Recycled Track Set to fill in the void left by this set's demise.
Thanks Gadg8eer!! Yes that works, few items are lost like the Tram's depot GRF but that's fine!
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

ignasigh wrote: 16 Feb 2020 17:47
Gadg8eer wrote: 16 Feb 2020 08:41

Thanks Gadg8eer!! Yes that works, few items are lost like the Tram's depot GRF but that's fine!

No problem! Just make sure to start a new game when you change mods. Changing a game you already started causes the save to get corrupted.
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.

Return to “Graphics Development”