Iron Horse "Quicksilver" Add-On

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Re: Iron Horse "Silver Streak" Add-On

Post by CMircea »

You could first try coding the locomotive itself without the tender. Maybe this can help you, a very preliminary version of BRTrains on dev.openttdcoop.org: http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/brt ... Trains.nml

It appears to be a shunting locomotive, you could use that as a base, it has all the train locomotive settings in one place. Then just look in the NML specs or the train tutorial if you don't understand something.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

SimYouLater wrote:Fair enough. I'm looking into it myself but I'm not seeing anything useful in the NML Tutorial.
It's not obvious from the way it's set out in the wiki, but the Train tutorial continues after the "Railtypetable block" page.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

andythenorth wrote:Why not this? o_O

https://www.cockothenorth.co.uk/
Because making the graphics was a little too easy. I realized I'm getting confused trying to figure out how the code works, since I'm not working from a template like I am for ToyTrax (see separate topic).

EDIT: We've made some good progress today. Hopefully this will be done quickly! :D
Last edited by SimYouLater on 26 Apr 2018 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Iron Horse "Quicksilver" Add-On

Post by Gwyd »

Probably by tomorrow! Well done on that!
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Iron Horse "Quicksilver" Add-On (Coding question)

Post by SimYouLater »

Does anyone have some advice for the problem in the screenshot below?

For some reason the tender shows up as a purchasable vehicle.
Attachments
BadTender.png
BadTender.png (28.74 KiB) Viewed 3507 times
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

SimYouLater wrote:Does anyone have some advice for the problem in the screenshot below?

Show me your code please.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Set climates_available for the tender to NO_CLIMATE.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

acs121 wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:Does anyone have some advice for the problem in the screenshot below?

Show me your code please.
Code is available in the OP, but it's fixed now.
PikkaBird wrote:Set climates_available for the tender to NO_CLIMATE.
Managed to figure this out on my own, but thanks!
Licenses for my work...
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Source code updated, I think it's completely done.
Licenses for my work...
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Now includes the Combine Car, a combined passenger-mail car meant for the early 20th century.
Licenses for my work...
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Hey SimYouLater :D
I was thinking about adding more UK-based trains to Iron Horse, so i don't know if we could do our project together :wink:
I already have sprites for Class 22, Class 88, Class 89 and preparing some for Class 43.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

acs121 wrote:Hey SimYouLater :D
I was thinking about adding more UK-based trains to Iron Horse, so i don't know if we could do our project together :wink:
I already have sprites for Class 22, Class 88, Class 89 and preparing some for Class 43.
I've got no problem coding in your graphics, as long as Gwyd is okay with continuing work on this.
Licenses for my work...
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

I'm happy to keep helping when I have the time
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

First the Class 22 sprites !
Broken Nose.png
Broken Nose.png (2.96 KiB) Viewed 3270 times
Now we only have to find names for that. "Broken Nose" seems good, but it's not very original as it is the name of this locomotive series...
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

acs121 wrote:Hey SimYouLater :D
I already have sprites for Class 22
All I'm gonna say here is that calling a Class 22 a British locomotive is like calling a Class 92 (CC92000) a French one. In fact, I'm sure 92s have seen a hell of a lot more of the French network than a 22200 will ever see of ours. Pretty sure the furthest they've ever made it is to Dollands Moor, which is about 3.5km above ground on British soil. A TGV La Poste set has made it further (St. Pancras)!

Basically, calling a 22200 a British train is silly.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

A lot of Class 22s made it to London. I even saw one once at Redhill !

Also, it's not because a locomotive is built in another country that it is not british or whatever. It has a British Rail class name, so it is a british locomotive, just as the Class 92s are french ones as they had been used under the name CC 92000 ! :wink:
Meanwhile, Class 66s and 67s did get on the French newtork, but as they were never used by the SNCF, they are not french ! As simple as that !
Let's say then that the A-Trains are not British because they are built by an italian manufacturer. :mrgreen:
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

This "class 22" was a very temporary arrangement while we got our 92s... In those days the overhead wires only went as far as Ashford, so the BB22200s wouldn't be able to get past there. As for going to London and Redhill: they wouldn't be able to get to London or Redhill due to loading guage and electrification.

Anyway... Iron horse...
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

acs121, I've talked with Gwyd and the Class 22 couldn't get to Redhill due to the loading gauge. In short, the platform edges are too close together for it to pass between them. What about the other trains you suggested?
Licenses for my work...
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Well, Class 22 needs debating before inclusion though. So let's skip this, and move on to other thingies...
Brush Avocet.png
Brush Avocet.png (2.21 KiB) Viewed 3210 times
Stadler Euro Dual.png
Stadler Euro Dual.png (2.16 KiB) Viewed 3210 times
If you're wondering, the Avocet is the Class 89 and the Euro Dual is the Class 88. I gave them those filenames for the simple reason that i didn't find a proper name yet. Maybe "Shark" for the Avocet and "Double Juice" (reference to IH 1) for the Euro Dual ?

Return to “Graphics Development”