ECS vectors v1.1.2 realized
You can download it herehttp://george.zernebok.net/newgrf/downloads.html#decs
or here http://bananas.openttd.org/en/newgrf/
Documentation is herehttp://www.tt-wiki.net/wiki/ECS
-- old post --
According to the last discussions, the following decisions were done
1) production is divided by 4. For some industries it was done by reducing the number of production callbacks (by checking AA mod 4). It causes higher productions (1.5 times higher) periodically.
2) production with no supply would exist.
3) industry in service would be protected from close-down with 0.20% chance
4) vectors would stay separated.
-- old post --
There was a delay in my work for TTD, but now I'm back and would like to pick up ECS discussions again.
The best point for discussion is the GRF files - so, I reworked 3 GRFs and now they are available for download for beta-testing (r1380 required).
I did some work on compatibility and it was increased a lot, now the ECS vectors are fast compatible with most other industry sets. For better compatibility these sets need to be improved too. The town vector now supports 2 parameters (that can have 0 or 1 value). First parameter set to 0 disables default industries and cargos (that means all other GRFs should be below it in newgrf.cfg). Second parameter set to 0 disables changing snowline.
To complete translations, to add snowed versions, animations, some minor reworking and improving of a behaviour
Before working on all the other vectors, I’d like to make some decisions on these ones.
1) Are Production amounts Ok or should all the values be divided by 2 or 3?
7 Asiastars with 8 wagons (without speed limits) transporting livestock from animal farm to tinning factory on a distance of 20 squares at high production level – isn’t it too much? Or only processing industries should be affected?
2) Should output without raw materials exist?
As it was discussed before, the owner of the industry should have some activity even if you do not serve this industry. It leads to the problem with AI, that makes a route for transporting this small amounts of cargo, sometimes with 2 trains, and loses money because it is not profitable.
3) Should industry in service be protected from closedown?
Now they have a chance reduced to 3% from 6% (0.20% in total) every month for industry on very low production level. Also, the last one on the map and very young industries are protected. Is it Ok, too much (they should never closedown) or too little (a chance should be about 6% as it was before)
4) Should all the cargos and industries be united in one GRF or not? My tests shows, that 4 vectors in one game is too much, but what do you think?