Elevated Subway Bridges set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Elevated Subway Bridges set

Post by Tony Pixel »

SimYouLater wrote: 02 Nov 2019 10:17
Tony Pixel wrote: 02 Nov 2019 10:12
SimYouLater wrote: I'm hoping to get both the code and the sprites. Thanks in advance, I'll be sure to credit both of you.
Basically, I can send my half of work when I will get to PC. If it's not the secret, what are You going to do with them? :)
I'm going to try and create a bridge set where the graphics are dependent on the railtype or roadtype, to work around the limit of 16 bridges.
Then you must know that the set is created in NFO
Image Image
Sprite artist and NewGRF developer, coding in NML. My projects:
NewGRFs: Not Enough Subways Set | North American Passenger Railroads | Elevated Subway Bridge | Tony Pixel's Subway Equipment Set (frozen)
Screenshots: New York City Subway Episodes
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Tony Pixel wrote: 02 Nov 2019 10:19
Tony Pixel wrote: 02 Nov 2019 10:12

Basically, I can send my half of work when I will get to PC. If it's not the secret, what are You going to do with them? :)
I'm going to try and create a bridge set where the graphics are dependent on the railtype or roadtype, to work around the limit of 16 bridges.
I do. I'll have to figure it out, but I'm going to try and learn m4nfo.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

SimYouLater wrote: 02 Nov 2019 10:21
Tony Pixel wrote: 02 Nov 2019 10:19

Then good luck. I had tried to learn M4NFO, but I was pretty dumb then, so I abandoned that thing.

I do. I'll have to figure it out, but I'm going to try and learn m4nfo.
Image Image
NewGRFs: Not Enough Subways Set | North American Passenger Railroads | Elevated Subway Bridge | Tony Pixel's Subway Equipment Set (frozen)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Tony Pixel wrote: 02 Nov 2019 10:05
SimYouLater wrote: 02 Nov 2019 10:01 Any chance I could get the source code?
Heck, I already forgot that I submitted something like this :D
Generally I just created the sprites, you can ask Wally for the code.
There is nothing in my code that is not already described in the NewGRF specifications, so yes, use my code as you see fit. My license is aimed at my graphics.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Using m4nfo for coding bridges is not that helpful as it is for coding other TTD's "features", since bridges in TTD are implemented in a quite basic way, just as a bunch of numerical sprite references. Nothing special, just tedious.

[edit]
I remember having once posted a m4nfo recoding of one of TBRS bridges by thgergo here:
viewtopic.php?p=1203281#p1203281
Might be helpful in understanding even the original nfo code.
[/edit]

regards
Michael
Last edited by michael blunck on 03 Nov 2019 06:55, edited 3 times in total.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

wallyweb wrote: 02 Nov 2019 10:49
SimYouLater wrote: 02 Nov 2019 10:01 Any chance I could get the source code?
There is nothing in my code that is not already described in the NewGRF specifications, so yes, use my code as you see fit. My license is aimed at my graphics.
Alright, then all I ask from you is the code. Tony, can I have a copy of the graphics, please?
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

SimYouLater wrote: 02 Nov 2019 20:04
wallyweb wrote: 02 Nov 2019 10:49

Alright, then all I ask from you is the code. Tony, can I have a copy of the graphics, please?
Sorry sim, hadn't time enough today to send them. Will do tomorrow, ok?
Image Image
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Tony Pixel wrote: 02 Nov 2019 20:28
wallyweb wrote: 02 Nov 2019 10:49 There is nothing in my code that is not already described in the NewGRF specifications, so yes, use my code as you see fit. My license is aimed at my graphics.
Alright, thanks.
Licenses for my work...
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

wallyweb wrote: 02 Nov 2019 10:49 There is nothing in my code that is not already described in the NewGRF specifications, so yes, use my code as you see fit. My license is aimed at my graphics.
Still nothing?
Licenses for my work...
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

SimYouLater wrote: 15 Nov 2019 21:55

Still nothing?
Sorry man, forgot again. Here's it
Attachments
SubwayTransitBridgeNewWorksheet4_8bpp.png
SubwayTransitBridgeNewWorksheet4_8bpp.png (22.66 KiB) Viewed 688 times
Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”