Elevated Subway Bridges set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [PixelTeam] Elevated Subway Bridge set

Post by wallyweb »

Tony Pixel wrote:What format of image you use:png or bmp?
png or pcx; bmp
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

wallyweb wrote:Did you know that the Montréal, Canada subway (Métro) does not have rails? It has rubber tires. 8)
True, but it has guiding bars. However, in Paris, where i live, and at Lausanne, in Switzerland, where i come from, the metros have normal track, but with the guiding bars. It is mostly because subways running on normal tracks need to take pneumatic-equipped tracks to go to their depot for service.A subway for normal tracks, like the MF88, can then run on pneumatic-equipped tracks autonomously, however pneumatic subways like the MP89 need to be attached to a shunter which will get them to their destination.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

acs121 wrote:
wallyweb wrote:Did you know that the Montréal, Canada subway (Métro) does not have rails? It has rubber tires. 8)
True, but it has guiding bars. However, in Paris, where i live, and at Lausanne, in Switzerland, where i come from, the metros have normal track, but with the guiding bars. It is mostly because subways running on normal tracks need to take pneumatic-equipped tracks to go to their depot for service.A subway for normal tracks, like the MF88, can then run on pneumatic-equipped tracks autonomously, however pneumatic subways like the MP89 need to be attached to a shunter which will get them to their destination.
The guiding bars in Montréal's Métro are also the power source. The rubber tires allow stations to be built closer to the surface as the trains can more easily climb the slopes and best of all for the passengers, the trains are very, very quiet. 8)
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

wallyweb wrote:
acs121 wrote:
The guiding bars in Montréal's Métro are also the power source. The rubber tires allow stations to be built closer to the surface as the trains can more easily climb the slopes and best of all for the passengers, the trains are very, very quiet. 8)
It's the same for our Paris Metro. The MP59 is very quiet, however the MP89, for reasons of powerful motorisation to provide a high horsepower (our subway has stations very close to each other unlike you UK or US guys), makes even more sound than a normal metro.
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

acs121 wrote: (our subway has stations very close to each other unlike you UK or US guys)
Our stations aren't exactly distant: in London (where I live), Covent Garden and Leisticer Square are about 200 meters apart, with most in the city less than 500 meters apart. But then you get out the city, and stations can be kilometres apart. However, I'm going off topic. The closest we have to metro bridges is heavy rail in areas like the north east of London (Hackney, Enfield) and some most of the southern suburbs.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Yes, in city centers stations aren't distant. And like you say, then you get out, and then you need to walk kilometers for a subway.
But in Paris, even when you get out stations aren't distant. Line 13, for example, from Porte de Saint-Ouen (when we get out of Paris) to Saint-Denis Université, you have to go through 5 stations. This is not the case in London if you want to get to zone 3.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Can we please just get this back on topic, and about bridges, instead of all these useless/petty arguments that everyone (and I'm the first to admit I've also been involved in the past) appears to be having with acs121. There is no real need to derail another topic and talk about the gap between stations on Underground/Metro lines on a topic about Subway Bridges!

I'm interested in seeing some Bridges!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Pilot wrote:I'm interested in seeing some Bridges!
Tony has a rough demo for him to test but it is too far from complete to preview or release. Hopefully I'll be able to complete the contract and deliver the product to him during the first week in February. 8)

EDIT! Oops! :oops: Tony posted his demo in the first post of this topic. It should be save-game safe for when the final product is delivered. :D
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

wallyweb wrote:EDIT! Oops! :oops: Tony posted his demo in the first post of this topic. It should be save-game safe for when the final product is delivered. :D
Ok, I will write what it's beta ver.
Image Image
Sprite artist and NewGRF developer, coding in NML. My projects:
NewGRFs: Not Enough Subways Set | North American Passenger Railroads | Elevated Subway Bridge | Tony Pixel's Subway Equipment Set (frozen)
Screenshots: New York City Subway Episodes
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

New version is attachet to first post.
Image Image
NewGRFs: Not Enough Subways Set | North American Passenger Railroads | Elevated Subway Bridge | Tony Pixel's Subway Equipment Set (frozen)
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

GRF uploaded at BaNaNaS. Search it with tags Subway, Transit, Bridge :) .
Image Image
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Tony Pixel wrote:GRF uploaded at BaNaNaS. Search it with tags Subway, Transit, Bridge :) .
Super-Great ! Now people just have to find it in BaNaNaS, instead of searching here.
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

acs121 wrote:
Tony Pixel wrote:GRF uploaded at BaNaNaS. Search it with tags Subway, Transit, Bridge :) .
Super-Great ! Now people just have to find it in BaNaNaS, instead of searching here.
They also can use in-game content searcher :) .
Image Image
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

Good news! I started drawing of the second part - wooden old bridges. They were popular in 20-60s years of XX century. Also steel structures under bridge will have brown color with rusty tiles 8) .
Image Image
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

So, summer goes to town... Khm, I start work with the second bridge.
Image Image
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Elevated Subway Bridges set

Post by SimYouLater »

Any chance I could get the source code?
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

SimYouLater wrote: 02 Nov 2019 10:01 Any chance I could get the source code?
Heck, I already forgot that I submitted something like this :D
Generally I just created the sprites, you can ask Wally for the code.
Image Image
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Tony Pixel wrote: 02 Nov 2019 10:05
SimYouLater wrote: 02 Nov 2019 10:01 Any chance I could get the source code?
Heck, I already forgot that I submitted something like this :D
Generally I just created the sprites, you can ask Wally for the code.
wallyweb wrote: 24 Jan 2018 21:23
Pilot wrote:I'm interested in seeing some Bridges!
Tony has a rough demo for him to test but it is too far from complete to preview or release. Hopefully I'll be able to complete the contract and deliver the product to him during the first week in February. 8)

EDIT! Oops! :oops: Tony posted his demo in the first post of this topic. It should be save-game safe for when the final product is delivered. :D
I'm hoping to get both the code and the sprites. Thanks in advance, I'll be sure to credit both of you.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

SimYouLater wrote: I'm hoping to get both the code and the sprites. Thanks in advance, I'll be sure to credit both of you.
Basically, I can send my half of work when I will get to PC. If it's not the secret, what are You going to do with them? :)
Image Image
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Tony Pixel wrote: 02 Nov 2019 10:12
SimYouLater wrote: I'm hoping to get both the code and the sprites. Thanks in advance, I'll be sure to credit both of you.
Basically, I can send my half of work when I will get to PC. If it's not the secret, what are You going to do with them? :)
I'm going to try and create a bridge set where the graphics are dependent on the railtype or roadtype, to work around the limit of 16 bridges.
Licenses for my work...

Return to “Graphics Development”