FixEs

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

FixEs

Post by Wahazar »

Some players asked me for improvements of my ECSext newgrf, which originally was designed to fix some things for ECS vectors, but was used successfully also for FIRS.
I decided to make new fork of this grf and rename it to FixEs, it is available on bananas, and source code is maintained thanks to dev.openttdcoop.org server.

Currently, v.3 of this add-on provide following features:
[*]additional small industries (tar kiln, food market etc)
[*]option for decreasing payment of town generated cargoes (pass., mail and recyclables)
[*]option for flattened payment curve
[*]option for improved station ratings for non-express cargoes.

Other features will be added later, when steeltown economy will be stable.
Flat payment curve and station ratings can be changed only for FIRS Extreme economy, other economies will be added on demand.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FixEs

Post by Wahazar »

Version 0.5 is available online.
Besides of FIRS3 Extreme economy, also FIRS1 is supported, for sake of compatibility with some old good scenarios.

Payment curve is change only if "flat payment curve" or/and "improved station ratings" options are selected AND appropriate economy (FIRS3 or FIRS1) are chosen.
I it up to you to have these economies really loaded, otherwise all will be messed up.
Decreased payment for passenger/mail works regardless of economy type.

Here is an example of payment curve with "flat payment curve", "improved station ratings" and "decreased passenger/mail payment to 2/5" options enabled:
Raw (primary) materials have low payment, but usually there is small delivery time and last visited station rating penalty.
Secondary resources have medium payment. Final products have high payment.
Recyclables payment is forced to be lower, because their production is overpowered.
Other payments modifiers are original ones modified by appropriate bonuses (more flat curve or improved rating).
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
Dr. B. Ching
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr. B. Ching »

A minor suggestion: FIRS allows you to prevent secondary industries from closing, and it would be nice if FIXES would either adhere to that parameter (if possible) or duplicate the functionality. It was a bit disappointing to see the new shops and stores disappear one by one with regard to custom scenarios and the time it took to place them manually.

Kind Regards,
The Axe
My scenarios for JGRpp: Motor City (1910), Fortune Bay (1993)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Dr. B. Ching wrote:A minor suggestion: FIRS allows you to prevent secondary industries from closing, and it would be nice if FIXES would either adhere to that parameter (if possible) or duplicate the functionality. It was a bit disappointing to see the new shops and stores disappear one by one with regard to custom scenarios and the time it took to place them manually.

Kind Regards,
The Axe
The 4th parameter is "Protection time (months)". Set this to 0 to disable closing down of industries. This should protect the secondary industries as well.
Dr. B. Ching
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr. B. Ching »

And so it does! Now that's a bit embarrassing; I must be blind sometimes. Never post when you're dead tired.

Kind Regards,
The Axe
My scenarios for JGRpp: Motor City (1910), Fortune Bay (1993)
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Version 0.6 released - some fixes to fixes - tar kiln can't be placed on desert, farmstead can be placed only on flat, removed ambiguous labels for fruit and food.

Return to “Graphics Development”