The current version of Av8(9)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

DerekCZ
Engineer
Engineer

The current version of Av8(9)

Post by DerekCZ »

I was using WAS, but decided to try out the Av8 plane set, because the development of WAS seems to be stagnating. May I ask where is the most up-to-date version of Av8? I did a google search which came up with multiple result, all of them inactive and years old.
Also, I see there is Av9 available in the games GRF explorer, but it actualy has less planes than Av8. Is that a follow-up version of Av8 or is it some different GRF.
Thank you in advance.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: The current version of Av8(9)

Post by piratescooby »

DerekCZ wrote:I was using WAS, but decided to try out the Av8 plane set, because the development of WAS seems to be stagnating. May I ask where is the most up-to-date version of Av8? I did a google search which came up with multiple result, all of them inactive and years old.
Also, I see there is Av9 available in the games GRF explorer, but it actualy has less planes than Av8. Is that a follow-up version of Av8 or is it some different GRF.
Thank you in advance.
Have a look at this site , gets updated very regularly ,http://rsync.nl.gentoo.org/pub/games/op ... as/newgrf/ , also you get nightly versions of certain grfs here , http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/?C=M&O=D , hope this of use , I prefer AV8 and AV8 v1.501 , also have a look at VACE - VTOL , Nice verticle takeoff craft , there is also a Russian plane set .Well can,t think when any major update was done for a plane set ,apart from VTOL ,I think that was the last big development in Aircraft grf .A fun grf I like now and again is the Mars Aircraft ,quite quirky .
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: The current version of Av8(9)

Post by PikkaBird »

DerekCZ wrote:Is that a follow-up version of Av8 or is it some different GRF.
Why not both?

The latest version of Av8 is the one available in-game. If you want a version later than 1.5 but without the range limitation, I think someone uploaded one towards the end of the av8 thread.

Return to “Graphics Development”