[OTTD] BRStations

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] BRStations

Post by Quast65 »

Luxtram explained a very quick and handy way to add textures by using a "noise-block"
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74911&start=20#p1172243
I use this method now too and it can give some very nice effects quickly.
So, in short, start out by drawing the structure and giving it the desired shadings, then apply the noise-method, tweak the colors to a desired outcome (as the original colors may have become a bit darker after applying the noise-method).

There is another thing I would like to comment on, but that may be my personal taste... So feel free to ignore this comment ;-)
The shadows under the roofs...
Be careful with that... Most things in OpenTTD dont create shadows... And if they do, they dont create shadows like these (as now it looks like the sun is straight above the roofs and even though there is not a real agreement over where the sun is, it is not straight above structures ;-) )...
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Quast65 wrote:Luxtram explained a very quick and handy way to add textures by using a "noise-block"
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74911&start=20#p1172243
I use this method now too and it can give some very nice effects quickly.
So, in short, start out by drawing the structure and giving it the desired shadings, then apply the noise-method, tweak the colors to a desired outcome (as the original colors may have become a bit darker after applying the noise-method).

There is another thing I would like to comment on, but that may be my personal taste... So feel free to ignore this comment ;-)
The shadows under the roofs...
Be careful with that... Most things in OpenTTD dont create shadows... And if they do, they dont create shadows like these (as now it looks like the sun is straight above the roofs and even though there is not a real agreement over where the sun is, it is not straight above structures ;-) )...
Ive been quite critical of the shading with the artist too, these will be reduced on the next iteration ;)
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

I don't mind really, it's quite a change from the trains I'm used to doing. I'll get good soon enough hopefully/
Cocoro
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cocoro »

Gwyd wrote:I don't mind really, it's quite a change from the trains I'm used to doing. I'll get good soon enough hopefully/
I really like what you've done so far but will you add large stations like reading and the new London bridge aswell asa station canopies? if so I am looking forward to this station grf http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/e976a12599a14 ... eb2y4c.jpg
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

We will have a seperate GRF for old stations and one for real stations. Canopies will come as well
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Cocoro wrote:
Gwyd wrote:I don't mind really, it's quite a change from the trains I'm used to doing. I'll get good soon enough hopefully/
I really like what you've done so far but will you add large stations like reading and the new London bridge aswell asa station canopies? if so I am looking forward to this station grf http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/e976a12599a14 ... eb2y4c.jpg
Real Stations will indeed be included, but in their own GRF. One for London Terminii and one for the other iconic stations around the uk.
NMSLAWSLWDNMD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by NMSLAWSLWDNMD »

so did this grf finnished?
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

NMSLAWSLWDNMD wrote: 15 Nov 2023 02:02 so did this grf finnished?
No. It hasn't been in active development for a few years now.
Take a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74993
Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today

Return to “Graphics Development”