TTD-Scale Development Thread (Feedback welcome!)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

TTD-Scale Development Thread (Feedback welcome!)

Post by SimYouLater »

Toyland Tracktype Deluxe, or TTD-Scale

Yes, I have in fact been working on it.

Here is what I have so far for TTD-Scale...

The example tracktype from the NML example file.

Transport Tycoon Deluxe for Comparison.

Current state of TTD-Scale.

It is currently unshaded, due to me not knowing how. It will be shaded, but as the toy-like appearance used in TTD is hard to imitate without breaking copyrights, I'm trying to use very little shading to compensate.

Question to go with it, do tracktypes require ballast in the graphics (as seen with glitches in NRT)? If so, an OpenGFX with grass tiles in place of rail tiles could be a good non-coding solution.
Attachments
Numbers explained in post.
Numbers explained in post.
TTD-Scale Visual Test.png (1.65 KiB) Viewed 2142 times
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
Nondidjos
Engineer
Engineer

Re: TTD-Scale Development Thread (Feedback welcome!)

Post by Nondidjos »

Interesting, I wonder how this will look in game :?:
I sprite sometimes, currently working on the BTS (Belgian Train Set) and a World War GRF (kinda).

Discord; 'nondidjos#8585
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Project cancelled. I tried to figure out tracktype scales, got nowhere, was insulted for my efforts. I promised not to spite people for the actions of a few, so...
barely_started_toyland.zip
(65.87 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
There. Available under all licenses, no permissions needed, no questions need to be asked. As you guess, barely anything was done while I tried to figure out the graphics.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Locked after author request.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)

Return to “Graphics Development”