Assuming from the overall interest in our sets there are many of you wanting to know what is happening and such, so here is little peek into the development:
(around mid-March, currently in pre-alpha testing):
- over 30 steam locos ranging from small shunters with tens of kWs of power to massive 1500+kW beasts designed for heavy express or freight trains.
- new purchase menu with improved class system to distinguish between steam/diesel/electric locos and extended information about the vehicle
- updated purchase/running costs to be more "user friendly"
WARNING: Although some steam engines are available as early as 1878, there is no rolling stock for them to haul (yet), so do not whine about it, it may come in the future, but so far the game should be playable from 1918-1920 (Creation of Czechoslovakia) depending on random values added to the introduction dates of trains and wagons.
- updated version of rails with enhanced graphics for x2 zoom (to eliminate alternating pattern on top-bottom tracks)
- new level crossing with mechanical signalling devices
- better stratification of signals and tracks during the game
- added parameter for player to choose between "Arcade" and "Historically accurate", generally influencing introduction date and vMax of available rails
- NEW icons for all that stuff
(otherwise known as CZTR_Infrastructure)
- minor graphical changes and fixes for railway bridges (still BETA though)
WARNING: Those bridges are mere replacement for original graphics and are conflicting with road bridges and another GRF sets, do not report it as a bug, rather use them if you are "railway oriented" company.
- features new icons and general GUI enhancement to fit CZTR graphics
(do not expect release soon)
- we have currently about 60% of basic work done (some 23 IDs covered)
- most of the houses are in 4 basic rotations to allow aligning with the roads and almost all of them have more than 3 colour variants, making the town seem really alive
- each housetype is basically unique (different cargos accepted or produced), allowing for player to accommodate his play style as he sees fit
- almost all houses are modeled after existing AND prevalent structures (some are even from blueprints) to enable the "real feel of our country"
- so far we have prepared our industry set by declaring cargoes and industries, currently we are trying to resolve industry closures, bonus production and such stuff (major hassle though)
- 53 cargoes
- over 70 different industries to allow really complicated chaining
- all based on Czech/Czechoslovakian environment (as much as possible)
Rail and Road sets
- after steam locos next to be expected are probably releases of rest of the engines (diesel and electric) and rolling stock update, though it is s***load of work
- road set will introduce few "early start" vehicles like Škoda Sentinel and some Praga trucks to enable haulage of materials via road from 1920's (currently road set works for cargo fully from 1970's)
- prices and running cost of road vehicles will be altered and balanced to be "in harmony" with other means of transportation.
(currently not developed, do not ask about that)
Planes and Ships
Czech republic (and even when we were Czechoslovakia) is quite small and landlocked country compared to others, so while industrially developed at the beginning of the 20th century, those modes of transportation were not heavily implemented in our country (railways HEAVILY ruled), so we do not prioritize them over the others (its the opposite to be correct). Even when time comes, do not expect more than few river barges and small-to-medium ships. Airplane industry has some history (Czech Airlines started public service in 1923), but still played lesser role, so there probably won't be anything new in upcoming months.
Well, thats for summaries for those who wish to play with our sets, we hope you are having fun
For those willing to help with the creation:
NFO/M4NFO coder wanted!
We are looking for someone with experience in coding Bridges/Station tiles. Our coder is currently preoccupied (2 small kids) and this will likely not change in the future. It is quite sad to have nice graphics prepared for months while not being able to get it into the game, so we have decided to try and recruit someone willing to participate and help us. If you are interested (and we will be grateful!), send me or stefino_cz a PM, we will work out details after that