[CZTR / 32bpp ] - Czech total replacement

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

stefino_cz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [CZTR / 32bpp ] - Czech total replacement

Post by stefino_cz »

New 742 class engines :)
Výstřižek.JPG
(307.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
stefino_cz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by stefino_cz »

Hi all. I need some help with "loading graphics" code. I have this code for loading sprites

Code: Select all

switch (FEAT_TRAINS, SELF, switch_Gags_stred_cut_0_load, [STORE_TEMP(0, 0x10F), var[0x61, 0, 0x0000FFFF, 0xBC]*100/var[0x61, 0, 0x0000FFFF, 0xBA]]){
0..33: spriteset_Gags_stred_cut_0_empty;
34..66: spriteset_Gags_stred_cut_0_half;
67..100: spriteset_Gags_stred_cut_0_full;
spriteset_Gags_stred_cut_0;
}
where first three lines are empty half and fully loaded vehicle. Last line is vehicle with closed doors. But this works at vehicles where the cargo is still visible. But there are a vehicles whatare covered. So the doors are closed during the vehicle moves and loading stages (this code) are visible only when the vehicle loads the cargo in station. So the question is, what I have to add into this code? Thanks :)
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

You may look at the 2cc TrainsInNML code at the Devzone, if i remember correctly indian passenger cars have loading effects.
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

stefino_cz wrote:...So the question is, what I have to add into this code? Thanks :)
Magic code, again. :roll:
UML provides very easy way to configure loading stages. Please read about "spritegroup".
For exmple:

spritegroup sgroup_gags {
    loaded:     [sset_gags_open_empty, sset_gags, sset_gags];
    loading:    [sset_gags_open_empty, sset_gags_open_full];
}
Section "loaded" apply when the train is running (or waiting for leaving the railstation). Section "loading" apply when the train is loading on railstation. You can use more loading stages than in example (3 for "loaded" and 2 for "loading").

In my example empty Gags wagon is running with open doors (http://www.wgk.cal.pl/details.php?image_id=4095)
stefino_cz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by stefino_cz »

TadeuszD wrote:
stefino_cz wrote:...So the question is, what I have to add into this code? Thanks :)
Magic code, again. :roll:
UML provides very easy way to configure loading stages. Please read about "spritegroup".
For exmple:

spritegroup sgroup_gags {
    loaded:     [sset_gags_open_empty, sset_gags, sset_gags];
    loading:    [sset_gags_open_empty, sset_gags_open_full];
}
Section "loaded" apply when the train is running (or waiting for leaving the railstation). Section "loading" apply when the train is loading on railstation. You can use more loading stages than in example (3 for "loaded" and 2 for "loading").

In my example empty Gags wagon is running with open doors (http://www.wgk.cal.pl/details.php?image_id=4095)
Yes, I had this spriteroups before - or I have it still on passengers wagons, cause I need only opened doors/closed doors graphics. But in case of cargo wagons there I need the code waht I wrote, because the long vehicle graphics - divide into three graphics parts per one vehicle - loads each of this part individualy. So front part has for example fully loaded graphics and rear part has empty graphics due to loading a cargo part by part.
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

stefino_cz wrote:So front part has for example fully loaded graphics and rear part has empty graphics due to loading a cargo part by part.
And where is the problem?
In my opinion it can be very interesting effect - first door of Gags covered wagon will be closed (fully loaded part), but second door opened (part not loaded yet).
Of course, it need spliting sprites in very smart way. But it doesn't block use of spritegroups.
nirasa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nirasa »

stefino_cz - děláš moc dobré mody! S tvou prací a prací další lidí dostává OpenTTD úplně jiný rozměr. Díky
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/nirasa/videos Czech language. :D
stefino_cz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by stefino_cz »

TadeuszD wrote:
stefino_cz wrote:So front part has for example fully loaded graphics and rear part has empty graphics due to loading a cargo part by part.
And where is the problem?
In my opinion it can be very interesting effect - first door of Gags covered wagon will be closed (fully loaded part), but second door opened (part not loaded yet).
Of course, it need spliting sprites in very smart way. But it doesn't block use of spritegroups.
Yes, this efect would be nice :) I solved the problem yesterday with Eddie's help :)

spritegroup sgroup_Gags_stred_empty {
	loaded:     [spriteset_Gags_stred_0];
    loading:    [spriteset_Gags_stred_0_empty];
}
spritegroup sgroup_Gags_stred_half {
    loading:    [spriteset_Gags_stred_0_half];
}
spritegroup sgroup_Gags_stred_full {
    loading:    [spriteset_Gags_stred_0_full];
}

switch (FEAT_TRAINS, SELF, switch_Gags_stred_0_load, [STORE_TEMP(0, 0x10F), var[0x61, 0, 0x0000FFFF, 0xBC]*100/var[0x61, 0, 0x0000FFFF, 0xBA]]){
0..33: sgroup_Gags_stred_empty;
34..66: sgroup_Gags_stred_half;
67..100: sgroup_Gags_stred_full;
sgroup_Gags_stred_empty;
}

where: XXX_stred_0 is wagon with closed doors and XXX_stred_0_empty/half/full are loading sprites
I tried the same thing before but switched. I put switch into sgroup.

nirasa: Díky :) Snažíme se.
stefino_cz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by stefino_cz »

Class 110/111/210 is in the game and in the second picture all the trains what are available atm. Each of them has more colour versions.
cd110.PNG
cd110.PNG (1.13 MiB) Viewed 551 times
all.PNG
(1.89 MiB) Not downloaded yet
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Great ! However, is the first double-decker the same as the second double-decker ?
Mizari
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mizari »

acs121 wrote:Great ! However, is the first double-decker the same as the second double-decker ?
The first double-decker is not a double-decker, it just has off-set seating arrangement. Class 451/2. I'm guessing there's some equipment below that part of the carriage.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Oh yeah, didn't even notice that.
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Yup..

451/2s are split level (the "high" sections above bogies are around the usual height as "normal" passenger carriages, the "low" sections are truly low-floor (as in, level with the platforms).

the other one, Class 470, is a trio of double-deck trailers sandwiched between split level driving motors (iirc they couldn't be doubledeck because of weight concerns).

I've ridden on both, they're both crap - 451s are old, worn out and decrepit, 470s are cramped (length of car that one bank of facing seats takes is less than a meter), and since only two were made they were designated nonstandard and pretty much driven until they fell apart with only absolute minimum maintenance (so.. worn out and decrepit).

Edit: Regarding the multiple units - since some of them (451s etc) could be operated in varying lengths (standard was M-T-T-M, but as many as 4 trailers could be used).. is the unit length hardcoded?

Also slight nitpick - some carriages look inconsistently bright and vivid-toned (as in, way too vivid and bright, wouldn't look that way even when brand new) compared to others of similar pattern, the blue Ds luggage carriage on third track from the right is the worst offender in my eyes. Is this some rendering quirk, and can some filter be applied? Not that it's a high priority (or any priority at all), but it's a bit jarring.
My visits on the forums are sporadic only, so PMs may go unanswered for a long time. If you wish to report a bug etc., the best option is via DM or ping on r/Openttd Discord
stefino_cz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by stefino_cz »

Valdez: It is possible to give some filters to this vehicles.

First beta test of our trains and rails. We add updated ground and effects too.

You can download it for next 30 days here:
http://leteckaposta.cz/120261771

It will be add as official version on Bananas in next month.

PS:
200km/h rails graphics bug will be repaired. Let's enjoy it :)
stefino_cz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by stefino_cz »

Hotfix of the rails graphics bug :)
http://leteckaposta.cz/348390840
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

OMG, this looks beautiful !!!
You really make it an art! Me like!
I'll try this defenitely whan official version is released.
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
jioksa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jioksa »

Hello, I've been following this project for a while and I must commend your work :)

I have several questions that I would like to ask: Firstly, is the Be passenger carriage a pre-1956 2nd class carriage (i.e. post-1956 1st class) or a post-1956 one? Secondly, in the Facebook group I can see people already playing with Czech trucks, were these unofficially released at some point in the past? I can't find the GRF anywhere :/

I also have a couple of suggestions:

Maybe it would be better to just have a single double-ended 451 engine and 051 cars available separately as a passenger carriage. Same with 460 and 560.

The rotated version of the 753 could be a refit of the standard one to reduce clutter.

It would also be cool if it was possible to disable all the speed-limited railtypes in parameters and keep only regular/electrified track. I can barely see the difference between a 40km/h and a 60km/h track without the info tool :P

Another thing I would love to see is the possibility to refit vehicles to company colors livery, but I understand that this would require repainting most, if not all sprites...
Zley_Muffle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zley_Muffle »

Hi there!

Thanks for liking our set, I has been a great deal of work to get it to this stage. And still a lot more work is needed.

Regarding your questions:
I have several questions that I would like to ask: Firstly, is the Be passenger carriage a pre-1956 2nd class carriage (i.e. post-1956 1st class) or a post-1956 one?
Be is 2nd class carriage (A means 1st, B is 2nd and C is 3rd class designation) available from 1936, there will be 3rd class counterpart designated as Ce (1938). Both were redesignated in 1956 8)
Secondly, in the Facebook group I can see people already playing with Czech trucks, were these unofficially released at some point in the past? I can't find the GRF anywhere :/
We will make CZTR Truck set available ASAP so you can play too, it was released through our FB page (thats where is newest info about development too) :D
Maybe it would be better to just have a single double-ended 451 engine and 051 cars available separately as a passenger carriage. Same with 460 and 560.
Regarding EMU's a DMU's we have chosen this solution, so when there are multiple skins, you always have it right and whole unit gets the same livery. Also the compatibility is a bit tricky - different railsets (Japanese for example) use different railtypes to make those carriages possible to add only to the right leading engines. We use those railtypes to enrich the gameplay.
The rotated version of the 753 could be a refit of the standard one to reduce clutter.
Well, perhaps we will try it in the future, for now we are just happy that it is working 8)
It would also be cool if it was possible to disable all the speed-limited railtypes in parameters and keep only regular/electrified track. I can barely see the difference between a 40km/h and a 60km/h track without the info tool :P
Oh my god, your accountant must hate you! :lol: There is great difference in build and maintenance cost, and also between standard and electrified versions. It could be a critical in early game to use "slower tracks" for branch lines and short routes. For example rail for 40km/h is roughly 3 times cheaper than rail for 120km/h.

But we will think about making it a little bit different... for example more grass between tracks in the 40km/h version ;)
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Regarding EMU's a DMU's we have chosen this solution, so when there are multiple skins, you always have it right and whole unit gets the same livery. Also the compatibility is a bit tricky - different railsets (Japanese for example) use different railtypes to make those carriages possible to add only to the right leading engines. We use those railtypes to enrich the gameplay.
IIRC:

- you can limit what vehicles you can put behind a locomotive (or in this case in a multiple unit). Either a cargo check ("can this carry passengers and/or mail?") or VehicleID check ("Only vehicles named Trailer04 can enter, the rest of you can buzz off").

- regarding the multiple skins in a unit - callbacks should be able to take care of that, so that all trailers in a given unit have the same livery

Don't ask me how to do any of those things (the above are just guesses, my experience with NML or NFO coding is limited to fiddling around with other peoples' sets and the NML equivalent of "hello world" program), but I know for a fact that they're possible to do, because there are sets that act that way (UKRS, the Swiss rail set etc), maybe Dandan and Pikkabird would be willing to share their secrets.
My visits on the forums are sporadic only, so PMs may go unanswered for a long time. If you wish to report a bug etc., the best option is via DM or ping on r/Openttd Discord
AB3-74
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AB3-74 »

Hello.
New Graphics are stunning.

But I have an issue with economics. No train can earn even a half of what its running costs are. For example: My 210 class hauls a coal train with 32 Es cars with coal, transporting it on a distance of about 100 squares, generates about -9000 income per year. And it is rolling about 70% of a time. It doesn't even earn on its own service. On the other side, 451's earn quite okay. Just inverse universe. Don't you know, please, how to fix it?
Attachments
Výstřižek.PNG
Výstřižek.PNG (30.25 KiB) Viewed 4368 times

Return to “Graphics Development”