The OpenTTD Wiki NewGRF_List

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kamnet

The OpenTTD Wiki NewGRF_List

Post by kamnet »

For those who are not aware, there is an unofficial list of NewGRFs available on the OpenTTD Wiki.
https://wiki.openttd.org/NewGRF_List

This list is freely editable by anybody who has an OpenTTD.org account. I only ask for a few basic rules:
  1. Do not break the Wiki table or texts. If you do not know how to edit in MediaWiki, ask myself or others to make the edit for you.
  2. Try to keep things neatly organized in a logical manner. Feel free to re-arrange if necessary.
  3. If you feel that the entire list can be organized better, use your own wiki sandbox to make those changes, then ask for others to consider it.
  4. Do not delete any content added. Sometimes it may just be temporarily unavailable. If it is permanently unavailable, see if it is available from another source (such as Internet Archive) and then link to it. If no other source is available, strike it out via wiki markup and make a note. This lets others know what is no longer available, and perhaps somebody else will decide to duplicate it.
  5. Only add content that actually has a functional release. Teasers, beta releases, etc. are fine, but don't add content that hasn't published a NewGRF or has published test releases that are known to be exceptionally buggy and/or non-functional.
In addition, it may be helpful if we started creating some new wiki pages with organization and descriptions of certain content. Suggestions include:
  • List of 32bpp NewGRFs
  • Lists of NewGRFs organized by country / region/ operator
  • List of NewGRFs supporting the emerging NRT (NotRoadTypes) spec
Please use this topic to ask for help, make suggestions, etc.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The OpenTTD Wiki NewGRF_List

Post by Leanden »

Whats the chances of me swinging a user wiki page like Pikka has for BRTrains? Is there an additional cost onvolved?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Leanden wrote:Whats the chances of me swinging a user wiki page like Pikka has for BRTrains? Is there an additional cost onvolved?
If you wanted a subdomain (brtrains.openttd.org, for example) then you have to talk with Owen about getting that set up. Otherwise you can just create the wiki pages, such as the ones set up for Dutch Sets. Although now that I think about it, I can't remember what was decided for wiki.openttd.org and www.tt-wiki.net, as to which site was preferable for which type of content. Planetmaker may be able to help with that? Either way, there's no costs - just have to actually create the pages.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Its nice to see my stuff mentioned on the newGRF list there :)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

Return to “Graphics Development”