[NRT] RattRoads - 1.0.2 released 05-17-20!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Andrew350
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: [NRT] RattRoads - 1.0.2 released 05-17-20!

Post by Andrew350 »

Kruemelchen wrote: 12 Jan 2021 20:10 That's good to know! Somehow I completely missed that :lol:
I'm gonny fix this in my sets, too.
Sorry about that, that's what I get for trying to add silly features :oops: I've updated the first post with a more thorough list of all the current roadtypes and which labels they use (including the "hidden" ones). Hopefully it's a little more clear and helpful now, but if you have any questions just ask :)
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

I may be a bit late with this, but I may have a proposal regarding construction alongside roads..

in my opinion the ideal solution is having separate roadtypes.
Another thing, perhaps where road has both urban (with houses) and country (without) variants the country variant could allow for higher speeds. Proposed speeds below in km/h, maybe changeable via parameter?

Dirt road - country and urban - 50-60 / 40, country could represent a macadam road?
Sett pavement - should stay urban only, 50
Basic asphalt - country and urban, 70-80 / 65
Improved asphalt - country and urban, 100-120 / 90
Modern asphalt - urban only, its country niche is already filled by highway
My visits on the forums are sporadic only, so PMs may go unanswered for a long time. If you wish to report a bug etc., the best option is via DM or ping on r/Openttd Discord
Crocuta Crocutie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Crocuta Crocutie »

Hi, I've been enjoying your mod! I do have one question - I like to play from the early 1900s or the mid 1800s, and towns don't ever seem to replace the roads, leading them to become this ugly mismash of dirt, sett, and plain asphalt.
I don't really know anything about the details of how modding works, so for all I know this is impossible - is there a way for towns to automatically upgrade their roads, or else for you to add it potentially?
Andrew350
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Andrew350 »

Crocuta Crocutie wrote: 28 Mar 2021 17:38 is there a way for towns to automatically upgrade their roads, or else for you to add it potentially?
Unfortunately no, they can only build new roads of a different type, not change existing ones. If you want them to look consistent you have to upgrade them yourself either by converting them directly or using the 'fund road reconstruction' option in the town window.
Crocuta Crocutie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Crocuta Crocutie »

Andrew350 wrote: 29 Mar 2021 10:08
Crocuta Crocutie wrote: 28 Mar 2021 17:38 is there a way for towns to automatically upgrade their roads, or else for you to add it potentially?
Unfortunately no, they can only build new roads of a different type, not change existing ones. If you want them to look consistent you have to upgrade them yourself either by converting them directly or using the 'fund road reconstruction' option in the town window.
Ah, okay! Fair enough. I didn't think road reconstruction did anything, but maybe I just didn't notice - it only upgrades the randomly affected tiles, right?
Andrew350
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Andrew350 »

Crocuta Crocutie wrote: 30 Mar 2021 02:33 Ah, okay! Fair enough. I didn't think road reconstruction did anything, but maybe I just didn't notice - it only upgrades the randomly affected tiles, right?
Correct. If you do it enough times it may eventually replace all road tiles, but it's definitely the worse option compared to just converting everything at once :P

Return to “Graphics Development”