Unspooled

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Unspooled

Post by Diesel Power » 31 Aug 2018 19:03

That's a problem with the openttd code, not just this set. The original tram wires do it too.

SimYouLater
Director
Director

Post by SimYouLater » 31 Aug 2018 20:10

Diesel Power wrote:That's a problem with the openttd code, not just this set. The original tram wires do it too.
Would it be possible to move all the poles to the front so that it's fixed?
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.

ucetcislo1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ucetcislo1 » 01 Sep 2018 07:37

Diesel Power wrote:That's a problem with the openttd code, not just this set. The original tram wires do it too.
oh, i didnt know that. Leave it as it is then.
SimYouLater wrote:Would it be possible to move all the poles to the front so that it's fixed?.
LoL why? I like it the way it is now.

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb » 20 Sep 2018 16:26

Sorry ... I'm a little late to this part of the discussion.
A possible workaround has been described here.

SimYouLater
Director
Director

Post by SimYouLater » 18 Aug 2019 16:14

supermop wrote: ...
Can I get a copy of the source code, please?
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.

Tsylatac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tsylatac » 19 Sep 2019 19:56

I'm getting an interesting bug with Unspooled 0.2.1 (can't reproduce when only RattRoads 0.4.1 is loaded) when trying to convert between roadtypes.

Company-owned roads are fine. I seem to be able to convert between types all day long with no issues.

For town-owned roads, though, it's inconsistent. I keep getting a red error message, "Can't convert road type here... ...incompatible road". Some types will only convert to some other types. Most visibly, once I convert a town-owned road to any flavor of road with Overhead Wire, it's stuck as an electrified road and can only be converted to any of the other types with Overhead Wire - but if I remove the (town-owned) road and rebuild it (as one owned by my company), I can convert back and forth at will between all roadtypes.

Behavior is the same in both nightly (20190914) and JGR's patch pack (0.32-rc4) builds.

Other than that, I'm loving the set, especially how the asphalt markings follow town zones. It does have some alignment issues with sidewalks, and I noticed the turnaround tiles for modern light rail are missing the triangle of support wire at the end of the track (leaving the catenary just floating in space), but those are minor things and don't affect gameplay.

Return to “Graphics Development”