Purno's New Bridge Graphics

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

orudge wrote:Could these perhaps be used in OpenTTD? Of course, you will get full credit if we decide to use them. :)
That means you like them?

Yeah of course you may use them.

It seems people really like these bridges :mrgreen: !
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

Purno wrote:
SHADOW-XIII wrote:but I am missing some 'glass' there :wink:
Glass??? What do you mean?
look at orginall TTD bridge called (I think) 'tubular'
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

SHADOW-XIII wrote:
Purno wrote:
SHADOW-XIII wrote:but I am missing some 'glass' there :wink:
Glass??? What do you mean?
look at orginall TTD bridge called (I think) 'tubular'
My Bridge 12 has some glass. (it just isn't a tube)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Purno wrote:That means you like them?
Yes, they're excellent! :)
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Indeed they look nice (that doesn't mean you can ask/request me to add support for them)
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

i really, REALLY like those bridges. :shock:
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

right trying some stuff.... and one thing became clear to me, thye can be implented, but they need some work :D. I haven't replaced all sprites of the suspension bridge yet, but as you can see the bridges uses yet another set of action colours :(. Anotehr problem would be that now 3 bridges look exactley the same becouse they share sprites (only colours are changed)

anyway here is the curent state :)
Attachments
SCR16.png
SCR16.png (56.11 KiB) Viewed 10916 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I really think there's some major potential here. If we get a decent bridge set, that will be a huge improvement. I hope the Patchteam can get these integrated.

One small request I would have though, and that is, that your set include the large red girder bridge which was released separately. I think it's on Dinges' website.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Purno, if broodje finds a way to definetly implement your bridges in TTD then I'll be very happy to add them to my European Roadset. This looks very promising.
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

you mean that bridge from rob?
Well that would be fun, but (there is always a but :D) have you seen it as higher bridge?

ps. purno I won't do anything on thse bridges till I have spoken to you, as you can see some sprites need to be added/changed a bit, and I want to know what you will do before I go on, becouse replacing the back sprites takes a lot more work :)
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

As I recall, the "floor" of the bridge isn't part of the bridge itself, that's generated based on the roads or tracks used. So these bridges would already work even with people's changed roadsets, right? I don't think the bridges should be part of a roadset any more than the canals should be, the bridges should be their own separate set. I say this because I expect eventually the Patch will provide for more bridges, kind of like the newstations, and thus you would want to be able to upgrade the bridges alone to be compatible with that, and to add more than one set too.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

krtaylor, I didn't say I was gonna add them to my ER set and let noone else use it seperately. First of all that's not up to me to decide and second of all I share your vision. I just think users of the ER deserve the same bridges as users of the original TTD roads.
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

krtylor I wish it worked that way...but it doesnt. All track systems/roads have their own sprite
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Hmm. I guess I need to find out a little more about how it works, so I can see if I can't concoct at least a theoretical solution. Does anyone know, or can point to, a more thorough explanation?
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Here's a tip: decode trg1.grf and look at sprites in the 2400/2500 series. Enjoy it!
Endre
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Endre »

The bridges look good, although I don't like the red and the blue colouring. But the architecture is fine!
Indivisibiliter ac inseparabiliter
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

Most woosome bridges! :D :D :D

I really hope they can be included in some future version of TTDPatch.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT asking for Oskar to do it as part of his higherbridges work
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

YEAH!!! THREE NEW BRIDGES!

:arrow: Bridge 13 is a stone bridge, there wasn't any stone bridge in TTD so here's one!

:arrow: Bridge 14 is based on a bridge I drew during vacation a long time ago.

:arrow: Bridge 15 is based too on such a bridge. It's a big modern black suspension bridge.
Attachments
NewBridges.zip
New Bridges (15 total) sprite files
(99.02 KiB) Downloaded 734 times
New Bridges (15 total) Preview
New Bridges (15 total) Preview
NewBridges.png (33.04 KiB) Viewed 3295 times
Image Image
Saskia
Director
Director

Post by Saskia »

Whoa, they look soooo cool! I hope they are available in TTD soon :shock:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Saskia wrote:I hope they are available in TTD soon :shock:
me too :D
Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”