anyone know if that animation could be done to the overlaping graphics parts, which would cover a functional lock
Sure, but it will very likely glitch/clip heavily and that would limit its visual effect a lot.
except there is no way to detect a ship is entering the lock though
That is the biggest issue....
so who knows maybe next thing is waterways types
I've got some animations in my beach-objects set and in my fake-airport-objects set, they are in NFO though and its been a very long time since I did those.... Cant help with NML-animations...
However I do believe some people are working on some in NML, I believe this set is currently being actively worked on:https://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=70306
i have no clue how many door sprites is required for animation
I think you need at least 12 steps:
1. all doors closed, water at high point.
2. doors at high point half open.
3. doors at high point full open (maybe double or triple that step, could look nice when it looks paused at open position for a while, you might then even add a ship going in)
4. doors at high point half closed
5. doors at high point closed
6. waterlevel drops halfway
7. waterlevel drops to lowest point
8. doors at lowest level halfway open
9. doors at lowest level full open (again, maybe double or triple that step)
10. doors at lowest level halfway closed
11. doors at lowest level full closed
12. waterlevel fills halfway
And then back to step-1
About the north facing lock, would that do ?
Personally I really like the straight look, but that is just a matter of personal taste. How does that rounded one look in normal zoom? Zoomed in doesnt aways give the best type of look
Winner of the following screenshot competitions:sep 2012
, jan 2013
, apr 2013
, aug 2013
, mar 2014
, mar 2016All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.