Recycled Bridge Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: BARRB (Beautifully Awesome Roads, Rails & Bridges)

Post by SimYouLater »

roads.png
Freeway, incomplete. Also the lane markers look like crap.
(148.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The outer lanes are fake for obvious reasons, but there will be a substantial speed limit increase on Freeways/Motorways/Autobahn/etc.
roads.png
Tar-Paved Roads, based loosely on ancient roads of the Arabian Peninsula.
(148.17 KiB) Not downloaded yet
That's all for now. I'm trying to make steady progress on roads, as almost all the railtypes have been covered by borrowing from other GPL v2 sets.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
buttercup
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by buttercup »

I would suggest toning down the white of the road markings. They look a bit too bright at the moment.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Will this use the NotRoadTypes spec? If so, you don't need the base tile in the sprites for the road surface. Knowing now might save some effort later :)

This is the heavy haul road spritesheet from Road Hog.
Attachments
heavy_haul_road.png
heavy_haul_road.png (17.68 KiB) Viewed 1763 times
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

andythenorth wrote:Will this use the NotRoadTypes spec? If so, you don't need the base tile in the sprites for the road surface. Knowing now might save some effort later :)

This is the heavy haul road spritesheet from Road Hog.
Thanks for the info! Also, are those sprites licensed under GPL v2? I'd like to have the HAUL roadtype in BARRB, with a parameter to decide whether or not it would be compatible with other roadtypes, and since you've already done the work?
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

According to conflicting sources, the roads from Total Town Replacement Set are either GPL v2 or Creative Commons?

Which is it, and if they are CC, can they be used with this GPL v2 set?
Licenses for my work...
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

I believe ECS and TTRS are under Creative Commons licenses.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

SimYouLater wrote:According to conflicting sources, the roads from Total Town Replacement Set are either GPL v2 or Creative Commons?

Which is it, and if they are CC, can they be used with this GPL v2 set?
AFAIK it is neither. Zimmlock's views on copyright are here. All he wants is credit. Note that he does not mention licenses.

Return to “Graphics Development”