Cargo Age and Vehicle income questions

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Cargo Age and Vehicle income questions

Post by NekoMaster »

While I've been successful for the most part getting some locomotives in game with my NARS ADDON set, I'm noticing that most trains aren't making as much money as they should with many engines running in the red constantly even if they have tons of cargo to move.

I know they're making income on drop off to some extent as I can see the green floating income text above trains when they drop off cargo.

I suspect that this has something to do with cargo age period but it could be something else... either that or I really suck at making income from freight and passenger. Though I usually do make a decent amount with most industry sets, OpenGFX Industries, FIRS, and ECS Vectors.

If anyone has any insight on this issue, id like to hear it. I don't want to have an addon set that can't make a profit compared to NARS 2.5 rail vehicles.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Sylf
President
President

Re: Cargo Age and Vehicle income questions

Post by Sylf »

NekoMaster wrote:While I've been successful for the most part getting some locomotives in game with my NARS ADDON set, I'm noticing that most trains aren't making as much money as they should with many engines running in the red constantly even if they have tons of cargo to move.

I know they're making income on drop off to some extent as I can see the green floating income text above trains when they drop off cargo.

I suspect that this has something to do with cargo age period but it could be something else... either that or I really suck at making income from freight and passenger. Though I usually do make a decent amount with most industry sets, OpenGFX Industries, FIRS, and ECS Vectors.

If anyone has any insight on this issue, id like to hear it. I don't want to have an addon set that can't make a profit compared to NARS 2.5 rail vehicles.
Cargo aging is set by the industry grf, if it's modified at all.
Cargo aging modifier is set by logics built into wagons, not locomotives.
I suspect the problem is in the game itself, not in the grf. Ask the mods to move the thread to General OpenTTD section, post the game sav, then we can analyze what's going on.

Return to “Graphics Development”