American Bridge Replacement Set [0.5.0 Released 12-13-2020]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: American Bridge Replacement Set [0.5.0 Released 12-13-2020]

Post by Gadg8eer »

Andrew350 wrote: 15 Mar 2021 17:44
Gadg8eer wrote: 14 Mar 2021 19:48 Would it be possible for you to make a GRF that only replaces bridge 05 with the Cable-Stayed bridge? I understand if that's too much to ask. Thanks for your hard work!
I can probably make one in a few days for you, I'll send a PM when it's done.
Received the file via PM, got permission from Andrew350 to post it here. It's best-used with Ufiby's bridges and JGRPP, to overwrite the "Miracle Bridge", the only bridge in Ufiby's set that isn't graphically-compatible with custom bridge heads. Licensed under GPL v2 like the main set, full credits to Andrew350!

IMPORTANT EDIT: Made a version, bridge_05_limited.grf, with a smaller maximum length. Only download "bridge_05.grf" if you're going to join my server!

IMPORTANT EDIT 2: Modified the sprites because the cables looked funny. Please re-download if you haven't already!
Attachments
bridge_05_modified.7z
(958.62 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
bridge_05.grf
(41.68 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
bridge_05_limited.grf
(41.68 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
Flygon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Flygon »

Hey, is it possible to get an update for this bridge set that uses the regular rail bridges as temporary placeholders for the Maglev track type? I've been playing (and enjoying) a game with this GRF without realising it has this compat issue. I can get around it with using the tubular style bridges, but I'm still locked into 1994 or so. :P
Andrew350
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Andrew350 »

Flygon wrote: 22 Oct 2023 21:46 Hey, is it possible to get an update for this bridge set that uses the regular rail bridges as temporary placeholders for the Maglev track type?
Are you using a railtype set for your maglev track? If so it may be relatively easy to make a quick hack to enable that, otherwise if you're using the standard maglev it would be quite a bit more work to make it look right and I'm unlikely to do that anytime soon. Either way I'll certainly put it on my list for a future release :)
Flygon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Flygon »

Andrew350 wrote: 23 Oct 2023 07:31
Flygon wrote: 22 Oct 2023 21:46 Hey, is it possible to get an update for this bridge set that uses the regular rail bridges as temporary placeholders for the Maglev track type?
Are you using a railtype set for your maglev track? If so it may be relatively easy to make a quick hack to enable that, otherwise if you're using the standard maglev it would be quite a bit more work to make it look right and I'm unlikely to do that anytime soon. Either way I'll certainly put it on my list for a future release :)
I took a while to reply! I've been using the FS-Maglev Track set, because I felt the standard Maglev track looked really ugly and out of place.

Return to “Graphics Development”