[OTTD] BRHouses - Development Thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Dave

Re: [OTTD] BRHouses - Development Thread

Post by Dave »

supermop wrote:That was Andy - I think he was naming something in Road Hog or Iron Horse for it. Andy's always good for a unique ornate brick building.
Correct.

download/file.php?id=59228

Henk drew it. He's not been around for five years. Feel free to use it if you can find a space.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Thanks Dave, will definitely be including this :)
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

supermop wrote:
Chrill wrote:
Pilot wrote: I mention all this as the specific branding imagery for big box chains is somewhat fluid not perhaps not all that beneficial to creating an atmosphere of 'Britishness' in a town set. I personally get very tired of seeing the same identical Ikea in every town over 1000 people with Swedish houses, but at least Ikea is stereotyped as being a cultural standard-bearer for Sweden as a whole in the global market - as much as I like Sainsbury's you just can't say the same about it. And certainly when asked, "what is evocative of a British town to you?" I doubt many would answer "Safeway!"... My suggestion is to draw a few generic supermarket buildings with CC accents on signs etc to provide vareity. The more specific you try to make it, the less likely it is to resonate - if for no reason than people thinking "my Morrison's doesn't look like that!" Unless the stores are paying you for the product placement don't waste time trying to make their specific signs look right at TT scale.
Not sure I quite agree...Sainsbury's and Tesco have been around for a long time and are quite ubiquitous in the UK, even if Sainsbury's in particular isn't known abroad. Also I am not sure why, when people often recreate train company liveries, to recreate supermarket colours. Another thing to think about would be stores like Marks and Spencer - who have used architecturally particular buildings often built in the 1920s-1930s. Perhaps have some generic high street store buildings?

Return to “Graphics Development”