[OTTD] NARS ADD-ON SET (3 OCT 2016 - r0042) Dev Thread (Help wanted!)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Cecil Cityscape
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] NARS ADD-ON SET (3 OCT 2016 - r0042) Dev Thread (Help wanted!)

Post by Cecil Cityscape »

I think maglevs should be implemented in this set. Ever since they were removed from nars, it can seriously limit the gameplay of the set.
Cecil Cityscape is the name of an avatar in Chris Sawyer's Locomotion
Cheers from the Dominion of Canada! :lol: 8)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Cecil Cityscape wrote:I think maglevs should be implemented in this set. Ever since they were removed from nars, it can seriously limit the gameplay of the set.
Yes but North America currently has no Maglev projects going on, nor have we had anything in the past that I can tell (at least not any TRUE Maglevs. I wouldn't count the Aerotrain for maglev use in OpenTTD even though the maglev track in OpenTTD looks like the track the Aerotrain used)

NARS and NARS ADD-ON SET pretty much only include stuff made and/or used in North America (Including Canada, USA, and Mexico)

If you want Maglevs, perhaps load up 2cc Trains with only Concept and North American vehicles enabled. Alternatively I could maybe make a Maglev/Concept vehicle only version of 2cc Trains (perhaps 2cc FUUUUUTURE!)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

NekoMaster wrote:I wouldn't count the Aerotrain for maglev use in OpenTTD even though the maglev track in OpenTTD looks like the track the Aerotrain used
Really? Looks to me that the American Aerotrain used normal tracks. Well, at least this picture shows it to.

There was of course the French Aérotrain, which used track that look a bit similar to the OTTD Maglev track.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Pilot wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:I wouldn't count the Aerotrain for maglev use in OpenTTD even though the maglev track in OpenTTD looks like the track the Aerotrain used
Really? Looks to me that the American Aerotrain used normal tracks. Well, at least this picture shows it to.

There was of course the French Aérotrain, which used track that look a bit similar to the OTTD Maglev track.
I remember there was some weird experiemental train that used air/hovercraft like technology...

Yeah, I just searched it up while typing this and turns out what I'm thinking was the French Aerotrain.

Either way, there aren't any Maglev projects I know of in any part of North America. If anything, I think a hyper loop train set might be a little more plausible for experimental trains.
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
Cecil Cityscape
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cecil Cityscape »

Alternatively I could maybe make a Maglev/Concept vehicle only version of 2cc Trains (perhaps 2cc FUUUUUTURE!)
Now that is something I would love to see!
Cecil Cityscape is the name of an avatar in Chris Sawyer's Locomotion
Cheers from the Dominion of Canada! :lol: 8)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

So I've started working on the re-remake of NARS ADD-ON SET using 2cc Trains in NML code so that I can easily add new stuff, including Articulated, Long, Dual Headed, and animated locomotives.

I've put together a new data sheet as well so I can better keep track of stuff I already have sprites for so that I can work through things quickly and get something out sooner. Though I doubt I'll have the re-remake out before the long weekend as I wont be at my computer if I end up going to my grandmothers for the May long weekend this weekend.

Return to “Graphics Development”