[OTTD] NARS ADD-ON SET (3 OCT 2016 - r0042) Dev Thread (Help wanted!)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

The Growl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [OTTD] NekoMasters NARS Add-on Set (July 31st, 2016 - r0014) Dev Thread

Post by The Growl »

2CC M7 & M8 added.
Attachments
Front.png
Front.png (12.1 KiB) Viewed 3957 times
M8 Sheet.png
M8 Sheet.png (16.17 KiB) Viewed 3956 times
TrainLover
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TrainLover »

Wow! You were able to do the thing that I have always wanted to do! AWESOME!!! The only thing that would be awesome is if this would be having other liveries like real-life! I could donate all of my reskins if you wanted them! Sorry for not being able to code that well.
Developer of North American Passenger Liveries: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=87228
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

TrainLover wrote:Wow! You were able to do the thing that I have always wanted to do! AWESOME!!! The only thing that would be awesome is if this would be having other liveries like real-life! I could donate all of my reskins if you wanted them! Sorry for not being able to code that well.
I probably won't be adding other liveries since NARS 2.5 removed the ability to change liveries. Also all my still will be 2cc only, as I'm not much for having everyone play with the same real life liveries and not being able to tell the difference at a glance.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] NekoMasters NARS Add-on Set (24 SEPT 2016 - r0024) Dev Thread

Post by NekoMaster »

Its been a while but I've finally updated the GRF to add a little more content, at the moment I will be working on adding some more stuff until I get bored again :P

Have fun pulling heavy cargo with the 6000 Horse power GE AC6000CW :D

Get a copy of the r0024 Grf from the First post in this thread.
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] NARS ADD-ON SET (28 SEPT 2016 - r0012) Dev Thread (Help wanted!)

Post by NekoMaster »

Excuse me for posting repeatedly on my own thread, but not like anyone else is talking :P

Anyways, I started remaking the set with new templates and sprite sheets to give better positioning and prevent having 50 different templates for unique sprites, like my F40PH-2D which ended up being taller then expected, or the electrics which have tall depot/purchase list sprites and even taller running sprites with their pantographs raised.

Plus I'm trying to closely balence the set against NARS 2.5 and my own works, though there may be some things out of place in some people opinions.

While many of the things I add maybe superfluous but I do try to make my locomotives useful to some extent, like being a little better then something else, or being cheaper to purchase or run then other things available.

For example, from my knowledge the EMD Dash 2 line of Locomotives replaced basic electrical components and controls for electronics and computer chips, giving them better reliability, better traction, and better engine management, allowing for a slight decrease in fuel usage, less parts being replaced, and easier to control so less training and work needed to be done to run the dash 2 locomotives, all together saving a few pennies here and there and giving the locomotives a bit more traction. I could be totally wrong though, as I imagine computer chips can get more out of the engine for a given predictument without revving the engines too much and burning more fuel and possibly causing wheel slip and more wear on the locomotive.

Players may notice that engines better fit in with NARS 2.5 stuff regarding positioning, so my EMD E-units and F-Units and the MLW FPA-4 will better mesh with the NARS 2.5 passenger cars.

Mind you, locomotives smaller then 8/8 size (The maximum safe size at 32x16px) like 7/8 (28px) or 6/8 (24px) will look weird when flipped in the depot for now. Once I can figure out how to enable flipping properly like NARS 2.5 engines can (without having gaps or other weird issues), ill make sure to fix the problem but until then I'd advise people from flipping small locomotives in the depot.

ALSO!! Players can download NARS ADD-ON SET via the Ingame content downloader aka BANANA's, for now you can find development versions listed as "NARS ADD-ON SET - INDEV"

I'll also try to remember to update the first post here with the updated grf/tar files and make sure the Vehicle list picture in the first post is updated with each version.

I think thats all for now and I hope everyone has a great day and enjoy the NARS ADD-ON SET >^w^<

- nekomaster
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] NARS ADD-ON SET (30 SEPT 2016 - r0020) Dev Thread (Help wanted!)

Post by NekoMaster »

heres my crummy rendition of a Westing House Blue goose GTEL, waiting at a signal for the other blue goose train to clear the junction.

I just don't have the patience to put hourse (yes it takes me hours) to make a good sprite. So I hope that this can be replaced by something better in the future.
Attachments
Green & Co., Jun 18th, 2101.png
(393.29 KiB) Not downloaded yet
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] NARS ADD-ON SET (30 SEPT 2016 - r0036) Dev Thread (Help wanted!)

Post by NekoMaster »

Another update with a GP40X, SDL39, and Westing House Blue Goose GTEL. Enjoy!!

More to come later :D

- nekomaster
Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maddog45353 »

NekoMaster wrote:Another update with a GP40X, SDL39, and Westing House Blue Goose GTEL. Enjoy!!

- nekomaster

is there more updates coming still?
LoneBlackWolf
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Maddog45353 wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:Another update with a GP40X, SDL39, and Westing House Blue Goose GTEL. Enjoy!!

- nekomaster

Perhaps, though right now I'm working on a huge 4Kx4K size scenario for Canada which will by default be using NARS 2.51 and NARS ADD-ON

At the moment though I don't really have much more to add to the Addon Set until I get more sprites, preferably in NARS 2 style. I did ask a few artists to see if they could help out but it would seem many of them are busy with life and other projects or not interested in drawing up sprites at the moment. PLus I'm terrible at making sprites and I have little motivation to do so.
WarbonnetDASH9
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WarbonnetDASH9 »

NekoMaster wrote:
Maddog45353 wrote:

- nekomaster

Perhaps, though right now I'm working on a huge 4Kx4K size scenario for Canada which will by default be using NARS 2.51 and NARS ADD-ON

At the moment though I don't really have much more to add to the Addon Set until I get more sprites, preferably in NARS 2 style. I did ask a few artists to see if they could help out but it would seem many of them are busy with life and other projects or not interested in drawing up sprites at the moment. PLus I'm terrible at making sprites and I have little motivation to do so.
Do you still need info on any locomotives? I can give accurate info on most if not all GE, EMD, and some ALCO locomotives for this. I may not be able to code but would love to help, being the railfan that I am. And a quick addition, the reason that the SD40-2 and SD45-2 have higher tractive effort compared to the SD40 and SD45 is at least partially because of the trucks. The SD40 and 45 used the Flexicoil truck. The Dash 2 line used the HTC truck, which had a different traction motor arrangement and included what some say is a damper and some say is a shock absorber on the center axle of each truck.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

WarbonnetDASH9 wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:
Maddog45353 wrote:

Do you still need info on any locomotives? I can give accurate info on most if not all GE, EMD, and some ALCO locomotives for this. I may not be able to code but would love to help, being the railfan that I am. And a quick addition, the reason that the SD40-2 and SD45-2 have higher tractive effort compared to the SD40 and SD45 is at least partially because of the trucks. The SD40 and 45 used the Flexicoil truck. The Dash 2 line used the HTC truck, which had a different traction motor arrangement and included what some say is a damper and some say is a shock absorber on the center axle of each truck.
I've pretty much got all the info I need for the major locomotives out there, the only issue I have is getting exact data for Gas Turbine locomotives, the CNR 9001 Locomotive (from the 1920's), and the GE U30CG (I can only get data for the GE U30C/P30CH but I assume the U30CG is fairly similar but with different weights and traction)

Also thanks for bringing that up about the Dash-2 locomotives, I didn't think about the change in locomotive trucks.
WarbonnetDASH9
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WarbonnetDASH9 »

NekoMaster wrote:
WarbonnetDASH9 wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:

I've pretty much got all the info I need for the major locomotives out there, the only issue I have is getting exact data for Gas Turbine locomotives, the CNR 9001 Locomotive (from the 1920's), and the GE U30CG (I can only get data for the GE U30C/P30CH but I assume the U30CG is fairly similar but with different weights and traction)

Also thanks for bringing that up about the Dash-2 locomotives, I didn't think about the change in locomotive trucks.
No problem. May I ask for a list of the locomotives you would like to add? You can PM it to me, so you don't put the huge list in the thread. I'm just curious as to what the whole pack will have, since I have currently started using this in a new OpenTTD game and like where its going.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

WarbonnetDASH9 wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:
WarbonnetDASH9 wrote: Do you still need info on any locomotives? I can give accurate info on most if not all GE, EMD, and some ALCO locomotives for this. I may not be able to code but would love to help, being the railfan that I am. And a quick addition, the reason that the SD40-2 and SD45-2 have higher tractive effort compared to the SD40 and SD45 is at least partially because of the trucks. The SD40 and 45 used the Flexicoil truck. The Dash 2 line used the HTC truck, which had a different traction motor arrangement and included what some say is a damper and some say is a shock absorber on the center axle of each truck.

No problem. May I ask for a list of the locomotives you would like to add? You can PM it to me, so you don't put the huge list in the thread. I'm just curious as to what the whole pack will have, since I have currently started using this in a new OpenTTD game and like where its going.
Heres what I have so far on my Datasheet/spread sheet.
Attachments
NARS_ADDON_SET_DATA_r0034.xls
(19.01 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
WarbonnetDASH9
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WarbonnetDASH9 »

NekoMaster wrote:
WarbonnetDASH9 wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:

Sorry, forgot to mention I don't have Excel or Word or any of that. Would have had to pay for it when I built my computer and didn't have the money.
TheAmir259
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [OTTD] NARS ADD-ON SET (3 OCT 2016 - r0042) Dev Thread (Help wanted!)

Post by TheAmir259 »

Referring from the spreadsheet, you already have a sprite of an Espee AC-12 Cab Forward? That's nice, I thought I'd volunteer myself to do sprites of the Cab Forwards, from MC-1 to AC-12, including AC-9 & MM-1. But articulated sprites, I'd never made one, so I'll need some time training myself.
You can also find me at Reddit. Check out my OpenTTD Screenshots & Savefiles!
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

WarbonnetDASH9 wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:
WarbonnetDASH9 wrote: No problem. May I ask for a list of the locomotives you would like to add? You can PM it to me, so you don't put the huge list in the thread. I'm just curious as to what the whole pack will have, since I have currently started using this in a new OpenTTD game and like where its going.
Sorry, forgot to mention I don't have Excel or Word or any of that. Would have had to pay for it when I built my computer and didn't have the money.
You dont need the buy excel or word , I use a nice freebie product that is just as good : https://www.openoffice.org/product/index.html , a great alternative .
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

WarbonnetDASH9 wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:
WarbonnetDASH9 wrote: No problem. May I ask for a list of the locomotives you would like to add? You can PM it to me, so you don't put the huge list in the thread. I'm just curious as to what the whole pack will have, since I have currently started using this in a new OpenTTD game and like where its going.
I don't have Excel either, I use Libre Office. Also don't forget theres also Google DOC's (Online in browser Office suite). I can't believe not everyone knows theres alternatives to Excel these days (like Google docs)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] NARS ADD-ON SET (3 OCT 2016 - r0042) Dev Thread (Help wanted!)

Post by NekoMaster »

TheAmir259 wrote:Referring from the spreadsheet, you already have a sprite of an Espee AC-12 Cab Forward? That's nice, I thought I'd volunteer myself to do sprites of the Cab Forwards, from MC-1 to AC-12, including AC-9 & MM-1. But articulated sprites, I'd never made one, so I'll need some time training myself.
The problem with steam sprites right now is coding articulated locomotives (Tender and articulated boogies) and animated locomotives (for the spinning wheels and moving crankshafts). I'll tackle that some time in the future but I havent found any code that's simple enough for me to understand to use in my set, as I'm not very good at understanding programing/code. That's why I gave up on my plans to become a game developer and do something I can understand and do, welding/metal working.
dequire
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dequire »

WarbonnetDASH9 wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:
Side note: Libre Office is free, and opens .xls files just fine.
WarbonnetDASH9
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WarbonnetDASH9 »

NekoMaster wrote:
WarbonnetDASH9 wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:
I don't have Excel either, I use Libre Office. Also don't forget theres also Google DOC's (Online in browser Office suite). I can't believe not everyone knows theres alternatives to Excel these days (like Google docs)
I do know about Google Docs and spreadsheets, since I used them in high school, but I couldn't remember how to put the file into a Google spreadsheet from my downloads folder.

Return to “Graphics Development”