Timberwolf's UK Road Vehicles

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Timberwolf
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Timberwolf's UK Road Vehicles

Post by Timberwolf »

Release Pi is upon us! 3.1.4 (on BaNaNaS now) adds the MAN TGS for a late-game truck, and also a new easter egg buried somewhere in the past for those determined egg-hunters.

A couple variants of the new MAN:

I'm close to what I wanted to achieve with the v3 upgrade apart from one thing, which is a full generation of freight vehicles to introduce between 2015-2020:

* Articulated lorry, succeeding Volvo FM9
* Large rigid lorry (currently tempted by the latest generation Mercedes-Benz Arocs)
* Medium-duty truck, succeeding DAF LF
* Light-duty truck, succeeding Mitsubishi Canter
* Large Van, succeeding MB Sprinter

Any thoughts?

Admittedly, usually when I ask for suggestions within a scope it takes about 3 seconds to go wildly off topic and I'll end up with "ideas for UK themed vehicles introduced 2015-2021" that consist of a 1920s artillery tractor, the NASA crawler transport, some 1950s gas turbine prototype it is impossible to find specs or an unobscured high-resolution photo of, and a series of novelty eggcups. But I'm ever optimistic :) (and I did get some useful bus ideas from Discord, hence the above wantlist being freight-only)
perverted monkey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by perverted monkey »

Wait till next month's landing of Perseverance Mars Rover and you will get even more weird requests. :lol:
PEPSprinterPacer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PEPSprinterPacer »

Timberwolf wrote: 20 Jan 2021 20:51 :) (and I did get some useful bus ideas from Discord
OOH! B6BLE no more optare solos and darts!
:)

Jk I will not betray you, my darty wartys
Only ever been on a 185 and 144 023!
Rezot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rezot »

Speaking of 'useful' bus ideas.. might there be potential for an early single decker to sit alongside the LGOC vehicles, after the Charibanc?

Also, as a dabbler in really early things.. an early horse omnibus to provide a City Cousin to the handsome Stagecoach?

Just a couple of thoughts that occurred in play!
Otherwise, many thanks for this wonderful set and hours of fun! 👍
"Their is much pleasure to be gained from useless infomation"
Electricfox
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Electricfox »

Rezot wrote: 07 Feb 2021 16:20 Speaking of 'useful' bus ideas.. might there be potential for an early single decker to sit alongside the LGOC vehicles, after the Charibanc?

Also, as a dabbler in really early things.. an early horse omnibus to provide a City Cousin to the handsome Stagecoach?

Just a couple of thoughts that occurred in play!
Otherwise, many thanks for this wonderful set and hours of fun! 👍
Maybe an 1912 Commer WP1 for the former, the LNWR had one with a 25 seat bodywork, most of the single deckers around that time though were the charabanc 'torpedo' types.

For the latter...the first horse omnibuses were introduced in London around 1829, which puts it very close to the Hancock steam bus, so perhaps to compensate you could make it carry more passengers, perhaps a bit like the horse drawn tram, somewhere in the 30s mark.

Return to “Graphics Development”