luxtram industries

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Silverx50
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: luxtram industries

Post by Silverx50 »

luxtram wrote:This is part of the new RTL Group towers that is being built in Kirchberg.
that looks wonderful, I really love it.
but because of the dark windows combined with the light ones it kind of looks like the building is standing there at night.
lovely work though.

still planning these as an industry set btw?
All my projects are GPLv2 License.

Dutch landmark Object Set Workshop viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75071
My stations workshop viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74749
luxtram
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by luxtram »

Silverx50 wrote:
luxtram wrote:This is part of the new RTL Group towers that is being built in Kirchberg.
but because of the dark windows combined with the light ones it kind of looks like the building is standing there at night.
Yes. :( I tried to improve it, but it still kind of looks like that.
Silverx50 wrote:lovely work though.
Thanks.
Silverx50 wrote:still planning these as an industry set btw?
Well, what ever would allow to make them accept and generate passengers. :) As I plan to create an scenario based on these buildings, then even cutting them up into pieces would make sense.
California City Sets viewtopic.php?t=76786
1000 building set viewtopic.php?t=75250
YSH
Engineer
Engineer

Post by YSH »

luxtram wrote:Well, what ever would allow to make them accept and generate passengers. :) As I plan to create an scenario based on these buildings, then even cutting them up into pieces would make sense.
Those under 2x2 could be coded as houses, might be more appropiate than industries.
luxtram
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by luxtram »

YSH wrote:
luxtram wrote:Well, what ever would allow to make them accept and generate passengers. :) As I plan to create an scenario based on these buildings, then even cutting them up into pieces would make sense.
Those under 2x2 could be coded as houses, might be more appropiate than industries.
Yep, and bigger ones (like these viewtopic.php?p=1171039#p1171039 (upper one is 4x4 and lower one is 4x3)) could be sliced into separate buildings and then connected in the game in either scenario editor or in the game (using the patch that allows to place houses in the game).

Only thing is to forbid the game to place them automatically all over the place.

Hmm. This sounds like a plan actually.

Alright, I think that I will look into one of the buildings sets about the coding. Still, if somebody could provide a simple template then this would be also highly appreciated.
YSH
Engineer
Engineer

Post by YSH »

You can have a lot of control over where cities are allowed to build and when, I'm sure you can make it so they don't get to build any at all. I believe the patch you mention just ignores it, so you can build them yourself as you please.

If you want I could send you the NML-code of the townset I'm intermittently working on. There's also some example code around somewhere (the nml development site I think).
luxtram
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by luxtram »

YSH wrote:You can have a lot of control over where cities are allowed to build and when, I'm sure you can make it so they don't get to build any at all. I believe the patch you mention just ignores it, so you can build them yourself as you please.

If you want I could send you the NML-code of the townset I'm intermittently working on. There's also some example code around somewhere (the nml development site I think).
If you could send me the working examples of different sizes then it would be helpful indeed (with images if you do not mind, as otherwise I loss the reference and it might be confusing).

I found the code of the Swedish houses and Polish buildings, this would be my next reference.

Return to “Graphics Development”